4 Week Old Auto-flower Clawing!

Seniorweeder

Hey there guys,, I have had every other problem with my past grows that can happen but this is my first "clawing" issue. I did some hard reading into other post on this subject but felt it would serve me better to have U "Pro's" chime in to help me save my girl ASAP.

My girl is an auto-flower of Tangerine Dream strain, she's 4 weeks old, growing in F.F Coco-loco. She has been topped and was growing about 1" per day but as of yesterday seems to be standing still. 2 weeks ago I started using my A.N. Micro,Grow,Bloom nutes at the recommended dose of 2 ml to a gallon every other watering. My PM meter is broke but a new one should arrive tomorrow. I do not think it is an over-watering issue, so I am guessing from what I have read that it may be too much Nitrogen or off PH.

The A.N. folks claim their product is PH perfect. Also from my past experiences I have been using 2 ml of Cal-mag to every gallon of solution. Should I just go ahead and flush hard to save her, also if so should I keep using the Cal-mag in the flush water or just RO water? Or should I wait til I have the new PH meter to read the run-off? This pic does not show how dark green she is. Thanks as always,, and sorry I have been absent for so long!

Clawing 4 weeks old.JPG

A better pic would be welcome if this one is not representative of what you see. From what I can see, it is nowhere near dark enough to call it nitro tox. More info about your watering practices would be helpful. She looks upset about her roots, over, or under watering - would be my 'guess'. I don't think a flush is called for here. If you haven't already, check out this article about watering:

don't believe the hype. it's AN. ph to 5.8 regardless of marketing. get your ph meter sorted.

plants look ok.
there is not much claw. it looks more like droop or dry droop to me.
how often are feeding at this stage ?

you might be a touch heavy on the N. but it's not looking like a huge concern to me. i see other stuff, but the pic isn't the greatest, and it may be ph related.

you can flush and refeed immediately if you want to rebalance your nutes. i'd maybe hold the line and wait til you get your meter sorted. you don't have to wait for coco to dry out to flush and rebalance. i'd flush with h202 and cal mag, then wait overnight before feeding if you go that route.

Hey there guys,, I have had every other problem with my past grows that can happen but this is my first "clawing" issue. I did some hard reading into other post on this subject but felt it would serve me better to have U "Pro's" chime in to help me save my girl ASAP.

My girl is an auto-flower of Tangerine Dream strain, she's 4 weeks old, growing in F.F Coco-loco. She has been topped and was growing about 1" per day but as of yesterday seems to be standing still. 2 weeks ago I started using my A.N. Micro,Grow,Bloom nutes at the recommended dose of 2 ml to a gallon every other watering. My PM meter is broke but a new one should arrive tomorrow. I do not think it is an over-watering issue, so I am guessing from what I have read that it may be too much Nitrogen or off PH.

The A.N. folks claim their product is PH perfect. Also from my past experiences I have been using 2 ml of Cal-mag to every gallon of solution. Should I just go ahead and flush hard to save her, also if so should I keep using the Cal-mag in the flush water or just RO water? Or should I wait til I have the new PH meter to read the run-off? This pic does not show how dark green she is. Thanks as always,, and sorry I have been absent for so long!

Clawing 4 weeks old.JPG
Hey senior hope your having a good day.
From my experience coco requires being fed every day at 5.8 ph ,probably around 600 -800 ppm by size of her. Depending on water quality also.
Adding calmag to mixture first then nutrients then set ph.
It's pretty hard to over water coco, and I've pounded 1800 ppm,s into ladies with little I'll effects.
Looks more of a droop than clawing.
What is your temp and rh?
What light are you using and how far is it from her?
Stay safe.
Bill

It's pretty hard to over water coco,

kinda working up to that. he's on a f/w/f/w by the sounds. hoping he's at least daily by now. you can lean AN off a touch and run a bit better on f/f/w. should be daily as well by now.

and I've pounded 1800 ppm,s into ladies with little I'll effects.

it's an auto so a lighter touch and ramp up is required. also its a tangie which are a bit pissy even as photos.

edit : btw hi bill :)

kinda working up to that. he's on a f/w/f/w by the sounds. hoping he's at least daily by now. you can lean AN off a touch and run a bit better on f/f/w. should be daily as well by now.

it's an auto so a lighter touch and ramp up is required. also its a tangie which are a bit pissy even as photos.

edit : btw hi bill :)
Hey brother. :ciao: hope you are doing good today.
Stay safe.
Bill

Ok guys, sorry for leaving vital feeding stuff out. Plus make sure to notice I am using Fox Farm's Coco-Loco,, it's not a pure coco coir,, it is a soil type that has nutes built in. My tent temp is about 68/75 with about 47/54 RH.. I have been feeding about 1 pint of water with Cal-mag, or RO, Cal-mag, and A..N. nutes every 2 days. Hope this helps U help me!

Ok guys, sorry for leaving vital feeding stuff out. Plus make sure to notice I am using Fox Farm's Coco-Loco,, it's not a pure coco coir,, it is a soil type that has nutes built in. My tent temp is about 68/75 with about 47/54 RH.. I have been feeding about 1 pint of water with Cal-mag, or RO, Cal-mag, and A..N. nutes every 2 days. Hope this helps U help me!
Temp is ok, rh is a little low but not terrible.
So if it has soil in it you should only need to feed every 3 days or so.
Are you lifting the pot to determine how much water is left in it?
Do you have a schedule for your nutrients?
Are you following the schedule?
Stay safe.
Bill

Ok, so my PH meter luckily got here last night. I checked the half bottle of left over
"Nute Water" that had been used maybe twice so far and the stuff was about 9.2. Seeing that I fixed fresh tap water with 2 ml of Cal-mag and PHed to 6.2 and flushed it very well. the run-off was about 6.4.

I figured the heavy flush would take care of any under watering, and if too much Nitrogen that would be gone. As of this morning she is still drooping. Am I being too impatient or should she be jumping back up by now! Thanks so much for your time guys!

Man,, she has me scared,, she is just sitting there,,, I did top her twice which I have never done to an "Auto" before,,, but she was growing great to about 2" taller after the last topping... Just sitting there clawed and not moving at all now!

Man,, she has me scared,, she is just sitting there,,, I did top her twice which I have never done to an "Auto" before,,, but she was growing great to about 2" taller after the last topping... Just sitting there clawed and not moving at all now!
I've noticed on previous grows if a girl gets waterlogged she goes dormant.
Is that pot saturated or dry?
Stay safe.
Bill

toss a photo up if you can.

shouldn't be able to over water coco. every other day doesn't really sound like an under water though.
there's no such thing as a soil type coco. they are totally different approaches.

claw could be high N and indicate too hot of a mix. would have to see the plant. AN did have a tendency to run way hot on the bottle chart. i ran half nutes on their schedule and fed by ppm. found half nutes worked about right.

autos also like a bit lighter touch, most don't feed as heavy as their photo versions.

for the moment i'd hold the line til you get some decent pics up. the guys will be able to give you way better advice with a good look.

Ok, so my PH meter luckily got here last night. I checked the half bottle of left over
"Nute Water" that had been used maybe twice so far and the stuff was about 9.2. Seeing that I fixed fresh tap water with 2 ml of Cal-mag and PHed to 6.2

ph to 5.8 in coco. for a flush it won't matter as much.

and flushed it very well. the run-off was about 6.4.

run off means nothing. stop chasing it. you'll drive yourself nuts with worry for nothing.
just get the inputs right and you'll be ok.

Ok guys, sorry for leaving vital feeding stuff out. Plus make sure to notice I am using Fox Farm's Coco-Loco,, it's not a pure coco coir,, it is a soil type that has nutes built in.

next time just run with a neutral media. time release and "nutes built in" are a pain in the ass for inexperienced growers. they wipe out new growers out all the time.

it's always easier to start with a blank canvas.

I have been feeding about 1 pint of water with Cal-mag, or RO, Cal-mag, and A..N. nutes every 2 days. Hope this helps U help me!

don't feed by measure. feed til you get 10 - 20% run off. this ensures there is enough nutrient in the media, and pulls oxygen down to the roots which is critical.

also elevate those fabric pots if you haven't. they should not sit flat in the drip tray. you want airspace under them.

Ok guys, as far as more pix,, whats wrong with the one I posted? It shows the curling leaves right,, and I mentioned that they are darker green than my phone pic shows?

Also the soil is called Coco-loco, it's by Fox Farms and has bunch of good stuff built in it,, it's not pure coco coir by any means! I have had great results in all my past grows using the stuff! It's simple for my dumb ass!

The pic does not show, but I put all my soft pots in tin catch pans but there are rocks underneath the pots to give them air space and good drainage.

Lastly, after soaking to run off 2 days ago, I am just leaving her alone til the water gets used up.. I don't know what else I can do at this point! Thanks "Bluter" and "Bill284" as always guys!

Coco 1.JPG

Coco Mix 2.JPG

we need to see how the plant looks. your first pic is old and doesn't have the greatest definition.

Ok guys,, heres my best shots,, I used my wife's phone. Hope this helps. First is close up then further, then I included the 2 I have growing for a comparison. Remember these are Tangerine Dream "Auto's".

The clawing one was topped twice and is 5 weeks old, and the one on the left, is only 3 weeks old and has not been topped yet. Interesting to me how the topping seems to hold back on leaf size,,but it does produce more/larger bud stacks from all my past experience!

Baby Close 5 Weeks.jpg

Baby Far.jpg

Baby 2.jpg

Ok my grow friends,,"Sueet", "Bluter", and "BIl284", I sent the best pix my old ass could muster, any ideas yet? The dormant girl is still sitting there,, not worse just frozen it seems! Thanks so much, sorry to be a pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom