53 days of flowering

Swampdawg006

Good day 420, my Afgan is on day 53 of flowering. Just a couple of frosty pics. Thinking they need week 10 days till harvest , if ya'll see different let me know. The third pic is the Critical Kush, that bud is 4 inches across.

20230324_093022.jpg

20230324_093010.jpg

20230324_092959.jpg

20230324_092941.jpg

... my Afgan is on day 53 of flowering. Just a couple of frosty pics. Thinking they need week 10 days till harvest , if ya'll see different let me know.
That first photo is a good looking one.

I go with your thinking of a week to 10 more days. Here is why. If you started counting when the first stigma/pistils began showing then you are at 7 weeks and 4 days so another 3-4 days puts you at 8 weeks which is a common harvest window for many strains as mentioned by seed breeders.

The trichomes have developed large heads and it is unlikely they will get much bigger or spread any further on the buds so what you see is what you will get. Plus the majority of the tricombs appear to be milky which many feel is a sign of maturity. The amber trichomes are considered to be a sign that they are degrading but also a sign that the couch lock effect will be peaking.

The buds appear to have gotten as large as they are going to get. Waiting another 2 or 3 weeks will not change that. Many plants start to enter their final phase and the leaves will start to turn yellow or brown and stop producing what the plant needs to keep growing.

It is your plant and you are in charge. Do what you think will give you the best of all possible worlds.

That first photo is a good looking one.

I go with your thinking of a week to 10 more days. Here is why. If you started counting when the first stigma/pistils began showing then you are at 7 weeks and 4 days so another 3-4 days puts you at 8 weeks which is a common harvest window for many strains as mentioned by seed breeders.

The trichomes have developed large heads and it is unlikely they will get much bigger or spread any further on the buds so what you see is what you will get. Plus the majority of the tricombs appear to be milky which many feel is a sign of maturity. The amber trichomes are considered to be a sign that they are degrading but also a sign that the couch lock effect will be peaking.

The buds appear to have gotten as large as they are going to get. Waiting another 2 or 3 weeks will not change that. Many plants start to enter their final phase and the leaves will start to turn yellow or brown and stop producing what the plant needs to keep growing.

It is your plant and you are in charge. Do what you think will give you the best of all possible worlds.
Had a smaller branch break over night, put that bud under microscope. Had a hand full of amber color here and there. I don't think they'll make much more than 10 days. Yes leaves are going fast, keeping them cleaned up and out of tent. The buds are heavy. Running strait rain water .

Had a smaller branch break over night, put that bud under microscope. Had a hand full of amber color here and there. I don't think they'll make much more than 10 days. Yes leaves are going fast, keeping them cleaned up and out of tent. The buds are heavy. Running strait rain water .
So many people harvest early and miss the potential of their crop. Cutting off nutrients and “flushing” is counterproductive when your flowers are trying to finish. If the leaves are turning yellow it’s because the buds are sucking up everything the plant has to offer. Amber trichomes on Afghan means ‘ripe’..brown or black trichomes mean cbn sleep medication. Those buds have a ways to go but as mentioned ‘it’s yer call’

Back
Top Bottom