6' tall. Is This Normal? Another Stupid Question

NACnCO

These plants have been in bloom for 10 days and have grown over a foot in that time. They are all close to 6ft tall. Is this normal? Should they get this tall or is this a problem. These plants are all from the same strain. I know a grower whose plants are very tall but they are thin on buds at harvest. I had plants grow over 5ft tall but they had excellent colas.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a trade off. Can a large plant cost you in good bud growth? :hmmmm:

Re: 6' tall. Is This Normal? Another Stupid Question.

This normal. They almost double in flowering stage. The look great!!!!
You will get some good buds from it. Keep it up.

Okay, this is what they look like now. I had to raise the light. It's as high as it will go. Yes, I did get cuttings. They are well over 6ft tall now. So far so good. :thumb: Thanks for the input.

DSC028322.JPG
DSC028051.JPG

Is your light on 12/12 now? You might consider tying them town a bit ...

Its too bid too tie down, you should have done that a long time ago its almost done you dont wanna stress it out by breaking something off before its finished

Its too bid too tie down, you should have done that a long time ago its almost done you dont wanna stress it out by breaking something off before its finished

I'm really new to this. I've heard about tying the branches down but I don't have the first clue how to do it.

I'm really new to this. I've heard about tying the branches down but I don't have the first clue how to do it.

Impressive plants grown from cuttings may i ask which strain its is & if possible which seed bank the strain origanil came from ? certianly looks sativa dominate tho :thumb:

Its not impossibe to rememby the height issue yet by tying down & i'm supprised the growing tips have not suffered with light burn/stress at the moment.

A length of string equal or just under the height of plant tyed near the top of plant say 12 ich below growing tip attached to a house brick placed on floor to bend the stem 30 to 45 degrees with out it snapping, gentley to gain extra height. You may need to add extra weight to plant pot as not to pull it over tho ! & provide wider spacing of pots under the light reflector which by the size of it plus bulb size should have ample light foot print coverage of 1.2 to 1.5 meters m2

Thats an improvised idea tho & please go gentle on the bending as not to snap the stem !

In the near future...

You may also be required to provide additional staking/support for the plant once bud development begins to mass to a suitable size to gain or provide strength of extra weight in the later phase of flowering.

This may include stakes in secondary pots to support the plant if bent over ! or even a grid of strong string/wire with 6 inch spacing etc think of the string/wire grid as gaint scrog with plants tied to supporting wire etc & could be another option of bending/training the plant as improvised method of taming the height.

Also worth while to see what others may suggest on curbing the height, i'd think twice about prunning as this will effect total yield now its flowering stage. :peace:

Another improvised idea is...

Horizontal wires from one side of room to the other with plants gentley bent over and tied to wires maybe with a house brick placed on pot from stopping it falling over if required ?

The side branchs will eventually turn & grow towards the light which may take several days.

Failing all of that... a indica dominate shorter strain may be a idea :peace:

Or alternatively if you wish to grow taller or same strain again is to veg the plant for a shorter peroid e.g a plant of a more desirable height 3' foot for example to counter any excessive stretch in early to mid flowering phase.

Please bear in mind different strains may differ in growth rates/height from seed to cutting grown plants.

Youre doing hella good for a newbie, my first grows were nothing compared to yours. But youre plant is almost done youve been flowering for like a month huh? So keep checking trichs(crystals) with a microscope, here is a sponsor Search results for: 'microscope' clear- not ready, cloudy- ready, amber- is done and going bad. But its everyones preference because the trichs also determine what kinda high you get too. So its a trial and error thing. But you dont need to tie anything down, its too old you tie the plant down while its young, during flowering you dont wanna cut TOO much, tie anyhting down or do anything to stress your plant out. You will mess it up hella.

If u can't tie down add light to the sides. U can see in the photo that only the upper half is getting light. U want the lower buds to grow also. Do not prune it now cause u will shock the plant. I would love to see what your clones look like.

Back
Top Bottom