619ster's First Grow: Pure Royal Kush July 2010

Thanks everybody for the great tips and comments. I definately have some things to work out on my grow. But for now everything is running smoothly. Plants are looking quite healthy and growing strong. Temps have been a battle for me but I can keep temps 90 degrees or cooler. Also, humidity has been high as well, sometimes reaching 80%. 50-60% is the norm though. I need more ventilation(which I'm working on). Seems the cfl lants are growing a bit more vigorously, but they were my best two plants from the start. Hopefully not males, but like I said, I wouldn't mind 2-3 males since I have limited space. Anyway, I have been so busy checking other grows I haven't dropped by my own journal. Updated pics coming as soon as I get new shots of The kids. Peace:peace:

Thanks everybody for the great tips and comments. I definately have some things to work out on my grow. But for now everything is running smoothly. Plants are looking quite healthy and growing strong. Temps have been a battle for me but I can keep temps 90 degrees or cooler. Also, humidity has been high as well, sometimes reaching 80%. 50-60% is the norm though. I need more ventilation(which I'm working on). Seems the cfl lants are growing a bit more vigorously, but they were my best two plants from the start. Hopefully not males, but like I said, I wouldn't mind 2-3 males since I have limited space. Anyway, I have been so busy checking other grows I haven't dropped by my own journal. Updated pics coming as soon as I get new shots of The kids. Peace:peace:

you need to get that RH% down for sure.. u asking for mold city. air flow is the key.. so ur right ventilation A.S.A.P. its not so bad in veg but flowering its a big no no.
:goodluck:

you need to get that RH% down for sure.. u asking for mold city. air flow is the key.. so ur right ventilation A.S.A.P. its not so bad in veg but flowering its a big no no.
:goodluck:

Yea I'm definately getting that taken care of before I flip to 12/12. And looking into a light mover. I just don't know if my rinky dink tent can support too much weight. The LED I have in there now kinda bends the bars it hangs on. But hey, I got lots more grows to upgrade for. I'm hooked and won't stop anytime soon as long as nothing stops me :cheesygrinsmiley: For now, I'm in experimenting mode trying to see how I like to grow, and what works best for me.

Well I haven't checked ppm, or ph since all has been in dwc system. Both ph meters read different so I don't know which to trust. I'll be ordering calibration fluid today. Last time everything was so smooth using Lucas Formula so I believe everything should be the same this time around. All except for the higher temps. It is HOT these days. Tent has been reaching as high as 92 degrees, and RH has been steady around 60-80% still. More ventilation on its way ASAP.

Also, as I said I would be vegging two of my plants under cfl's and the rest under the GLH 180 LED. So I did let a few of the sprouts get a little dry and they were stunted for a few days, and nute burned the replacement sproutling after one died, but all turned out well.

Here are the two healthiest plants through beginning to now, and vegged under cfl's:
Picture_0377.jpg

And here are my LED plants in the tent with extreme temps and humidity:
Picture_03613.jpg

Picture_0357.jpg

LST will start this week, and I am still debating when to flip to 12/12. Soooo much to take into consideration, I'm just really stuck on that one:tokin:

your plants look good , how is your res temp?I tried hydro for a day or two couldn't keep the res cool enough.I'm using my 120w led for supplemental lighting in veg.:goodluck:

HH

your plants look good , how is your res temp?I tried hydro for a day or two couldn't keep the res cool enough.I'm using my 120w led for supplemental lighting in veg.:goodluck:

HH

My res temps hover around 75-85 degrees at the moment. Hopefully things cool down soon. But I haven't seen any issues as of yet. Thanks HH!

Kudos on your grow man. Looks great. I am germinating this weekend, got a freebee Royal Kush from my seed order, Blue Widow as well. I grow aero-hydro w/CFLs only. When I saw your journal/Royal Kush had to take a look.

How's Royal Kush? How long are you veggin?

Kudos on your grow man. Looks great. I am germinating this weekend, got a freebee Royal Kush from my seed order, Blue Widow as well. I grow aero-hydro w/CFLs only. When I saw your journal/Royal Kush had to take a look.

How's Royal Kush? How long are you veggin?

Hey, thanks for checking out my grow. I love Royal Kush!! It is definately one of the tastier kush's. I actually recommend it to people all the time. I am actually growing a cross strain which is Royal Kush crossed with Pure Kush. Personally I have never had it, which is why I would really like to grow this strain. I like cfl's. Very easy to work with, and results are great IMO. Peace!

Ok so lately this grow isn't going as well as first seeds. I'm waiting on calibration fluid for my PH meter since both my meters are off balance right now. I haven't checked PH in almost two weeks but things don't seem too off. I have soup in the res where I have my single plant. I emtied it and cleaned, dipped roots in H2O2, changed air stone and tube, refilled res with fresh nute solution, and now I have to see if things get better. Roots are looking sick and yellowing/browning is occuring. I think its due to me dropping too much superthrive in the res by accident. And I left it that way for three days just to see what happens, and also because I've been too busy to fix it:Rasta:

So here's my poor sick baby and its roots:
Picture_0397.jpg

Picture_03811.jpg
t deficiency in one plant in the 3 plant system

Well everything else is fine, slight deficiency in one plant in the 3 plant system, but I'm bumping up nutes slowly since I've been using the 5-10 Lucas formula. Now topping with the 8-16 Lucas formula. Should fix things. Pics of everything else coming soon.

Oh and also, I have decided to get a light mover after much thinking. I was looking into getting a second LED panel but thought about it and I'd rather spend $100 on a light mover and see where that gets me rather than spend another $500 on a light which might just have the same results as the light mover. And I also have 2 more exhaust fans to install in order to try to get humidity under control. So things are coming along quite well as far as I can see. Hopefully flowering treats me well:goodluck:

Im late but better than never looking good :) inspire me 2 get another tent lol

welcome! Not late at all. Glad to have you anytime bro. Nothing to major going on just yet. But we shall soon get to the fun part:cheesygrinsmiley: getting ready for a grow huh? Nothing like a nice, discreet, clean tent :Rasta: If you do decide on a tent, make sure it's big enough. Things can get crammed really fast.

Hey brother just wondering if you ever heard of hygrozyme? I have never used iit but have some on order. I had a little issue with my roots too. It wasnt really root rot, but they were just crappy looking and feeling and I noticed decreased growth rate of both roots and plants.

This stuff is soley for the purpose of eating up dead root matter and promoting new root growth. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

Hygrozyme Horticultural Enzyme Formula

looking good though bro.

Back
Top Bottom