Doopler's First Time Grow - Northern Lights x Big Bud - SSSDH

I have decided to transplant these guys into coco in the morning, unless anyone has any objections by the time it happens?

I really should have done it from the start, completely overlooked the res temp thing, putting ice in there 4 times a day is just not possible, I still have a life outside of this (for now) hehe...

Anyhow, did a bit of research and it seems that they will be ok, i can cut the netpots very carefully to keep the roots in tact and then put them in medium pots of coco. Thankfully I can stick with the same nutes.

They looking pretty unhealthy today so we shall see how it goes, photos tommorow, wish me luck...

Peace

Ok so we are now in coco, everything seems to have gone fine, they have been in there 24 hours now and there has been a little growth so we are still alive! Phew!

IMG_129915.JPG

IMG_130112.JPG

IMG_130314.JPG

IMG_130513.JPG

IMG_130714.JPG

IMG_130912.JPG

IMG_131116.JPG

Thanks guys, they are definitely doing ok in the coco, this shit is amazing! Definitely the medium for me I think, so simple.
Two days, two light feedings later and they have done great, new growth is lush green and the deficiencies have been remedied. Feeding a 5-4-1 ratio on the flora series, little calmag and super thrive, gonna stick with these levels for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Also, now in coco, the RO filter is totally feasbable, ordered a booster pump so I can get that up and running by the end of next week hopefully.

Will post pics when there has been significant growth.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Growth recovered even more overnight, I'm pretty sure the plants were suffering from a calcium deficiency due to the roots being too warm in the DWC. With the added calmag to supplement the coco, the new leaves are a nice green colour, no rusty spots, no distorted growth. They also look a little pale which leads me to believe they are hungry. Even so, I will continue with the light nutes for another week, see how things go, and then up the dose as long as there are no further problems.

Couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out, absolutely entranced by the abilities of these amazing plants!

Peace

x

Stealth Grow, your Blue Mystic/OG Kush Scrog is kick ass man, the LEDs seem to be getting you great results, I will certainly consider making the switch after I got a few harvests outta my HID. Keep up the good work dude :bravo:

Hey Guys, so it's been a few weeks since my last post and let me tell you, things are coming along nicely.

I got a booster pump for my RO filter and for 3 days now have been feeding 0.7ECs of pure nutes, water base level at 0.0ECs :thumb:

This is over twice the amount of nutes they getting before AND I have been able to bring the solution strength down by 0.1 ECs, win win. They are clearly loving this change, growth speed has doubled and the new growth looks perfect to me, nice green, flat, strong looking leaves. My confidence has been fully restored in this grow now, which is nice after the stress of the transplant and the stress these poor little guys suffered as a result. Oh well, back on track with the full recovery!

Here they are:

IMG_137716.JPG

Peace x

Hey all, getting close to putting in the scrog net now, looking good for 5 plants to fill the canopy.

Took a while to get the nutes right with the coco. Been adding slowly more and more calmag+, now its at full strength the pants seem to have recovered from any calmag related issues. Nice one.

Feeding at 0.7ec on the late veg ratio now, these levels will be fine for a few weeks, I'll ramp it up to 0.9 a week before flower, then switch over to the bloom ratios and go from there, unless the plants say differently of course.

the nute burn you can see here is, I think, due to a salt buildup which occurred in the coco, measured runoff at 2.6 ECs on one of them. So I reduced the feed down to 0.5 for a week and have been regularly making sure of 20% runoff for EVERY feeding. This seems very important. I know a lot of people say that you don't need to check runoff, but if I hadn't, then it would have taken me until I saw real bad damage on the leaves until I reacted so I'm glad I did. Don't thinks its necessary every time, but good to check nonetheless.

Again, can't stress how much happier I am with RO water aswell, I know exactly what goes in and out of the pots, its so much better.

Well, here are two of the northern lights, going to get a proper camera when the buds are on the way (;

IMG_142020.jpg

IMG_142112.jpg

Hey guys, been a few weeks since my last post, lots of exciting things going on!

So we ar on day 6 of flower today and despite a scary incident with a failed timer today, things are looking very good. woke up today and realized my timer had failed and the lights had stayed on an extra 3 hours, fully freaked out but after some reading on these forums, threw them back into 12/12 and hopefully things should be fine. It seems its the interruption of the dark period which causes the most damage so as long as this doesnt happen again things should be fine. Will be getting a timer with a contactor tomorrow.

They are in the bigger pots now, trellised into the scrog and looking happier than ever I'm pleased to say :) Starting to see the white hairs all over the place already which is super exciting! Cant wait to see the buds forming!

Here's some photos:

2014-04-15_02_02_59.jpg

2014-04-15_02_03_15.jpg

2014-04-15_02_03_29.jpg

2014-04-15_02_46_38.jpg

Peace out all x

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom