First Grow - DWC - LSD - 600W MH/HPS

hey mate

i saw its your first grow so thought id drop in. if you need any advice give me a shout.

one thing, if your water is chlorine heavy be sure to bubble it out before it goes in the tote. check the water e.c, if its higher than 0.6ec id avoid it or add ro water to it.

a little tip for you. dont stick with one nute line. Most named brands gave good products. focus on a quality base nute (i recommend advanced nutes 3 part ph perfect) and a quality boost (i swear by dutch pro explode). decide whether you are running sterile res which is the cheaper, safer option or whether you want to add beneficials which makes its a little trickier but will give you better quality and yield.

dont put your ice bottles inside the res as the roots dont like it at all.

and dont make your nutes too strong in dwc. 1.8ec max in full flower and 1.2 - 1.4 ec in veg is good.

plant will grow fast when you flip so dont veg huge.

You can use any medium u like in the net pot. i favour coco as its easy to start a good root ball bit pebbles are great also.

good luck.

hey mate

i saw its your first grow so thought id drop in. if you need any advice give me a shout.

one thing, if your water is chlorine heavy be sure to bubble it out before it goes in the tote. check the water e.c, if its higher than 0.6ec id avoid it or add ro water to it.

a little tip for you. dont stick with one nute line. Most named brands gave good products. focus on a quality base nute (i recommend advanced nutes 3 part ph perfect) and a quality boost (i swear by dutch pro explode). decide whether you are running sterile res which is the cheaper, safer option or whether you want to add beneficials which makes its a little trickier but will give you better quality and yield.

dont put your ice bottles inside the res as the roots dont like it at all.

and dont make your nutes too strong in dwc. 1.8ec max in full flower and 1.2 - 1.4 ec in veg is good.

plant will grow fast when you flip so dont veg huge.

You can use any medium u like in the net pot. i favour coco as its easy to start a good root ball bit pebbles are great also.

good luck.

Hey Cultivator huge thanks for stopping in with all the tips and advice. Before I replied I said who is this Cultivator and took a swim through some of your stuff......and you boss are a animal in the garden lol. I didn't read to much but it appears you have this hydro stuff locked down. So I'll be reading through your journals and another huge thanks for stopping in and letting it be known your around to help. My water bottles I have snug against the outside of my tote with a strip of electrical tape then I wrap a towel around it and snug it close and tight, seems to be working pretty good so far I think,my temps inside are 59-67? No ec meter as of now but next on the list. Again Cultivator thanks for the advice and the drop in.

Hey team hope everyone had a good day or night depending on where your garden is.
Came home and did protocol
LSD Faith day 6
image6514.jpeg

Room temp and humidity%
image6506.jpeg

The high humidity at 88% was a test run just tuning things in.
Res water temps
image6517.jpeg

I also have this little probe that fits snugly under the lip for a quick check and just to be double sure
image6518.jpeg

The ph for today
image6515.jpeg
image6516.jpeg

For the ppm I haven't really done my home work on, I believe this is a little high for this stage? Did get a little grin from the reading
image6510.jpeg

That's that for protocol I do believe.

Budbadger those grow stones are also at my hydro store and I was looking at them thinking about using them with my coco instead of perlite. I like chunkyness I feel that it would help me get 2 to 3 feedings in a day instead of only one. I was debating on those or clay pebbles. also another reason is I don't like how dusty perlite is.
WHAT UP CSTUMP HOWS THE DAY TREATING YA. THE GROW ROCKS SEEM COOL SO FAR WE WILL SEE, I DONT HAVE ANYTHING FROM EXPERIENCE TO COMPARE THEM TO, THEY ARE MADE FROM 100% RECYCLED GLASS, THE ROCKS THEMSELVES ARE VERY LIGHT WEIGHT KINDA COURSE AND WAS FAIRLY EASY TO RINSE OFF THE DUST OR WHATEVER IT WAS.
image6520.jpeg

HERES A CLOSE UP

gl dwc is not for me. Did it for my first grow and moved onto coco. To many problems for me to deal with. Hope it goes good. Watching in meantime.

no worries mate, ive been growing a long long time so if i dont know what im doing now i never will lol. I dont mind helping out new guys. People seem to make the same mistakes over and over so maybe i can help you avoid some pit falls.

In europe we measure nutrient strength in ec not ppm. so my ppm conversion isnt great as i never use it. but 450ppm seems about right for a seedling. would have def made my explanations easier if you had an ec meter lol.

be patient the first couple of weeks as this is a slow stage of growth. Once plant gets a few sets of leaves and some roots it will take off like a rocket, especially when you switch to flower.

Keep the ph a little lower for now. 5.6-5.8 is good at this stage but its good to allow a little fluctuation as long as you are between 5.5 - 6.2 you be fine.

see how you get on with your nute mix but id suggest you change a thinklg or two for next time around.

For coco tbere is no need to mix pebbles or perlite. straight coco is fantastic and dont pack it down tight when you yransplant. just put a layer of stones in bottom coupl inches of pot for aeration.

Im sure my journals will help you out if you get stuck but its alot of reading....

I'm not saying your wrong by any means cultivator but with 20% perlite I water my going plants once a day and they stay moist. I'd say I will be able to bump thefeedings up to 2 or 3 times a day when they hit flower but I want more drainage for more feedings during veg too. I feel like my plants would drowned if I had straight coco. But I am also a noob and new to coco so I better just shut up an smoke another one. Lol sorry budbadger not trying to jack your thread!!!

i'm not saying your wrong by any means cultivator but with 20% perlite i water my going plants once a day and they stay moist. I'd say i will be able to bump thefeedings up to 2 or 3 times a day when they hit flower but i want more drainage for more feedings during veg too. I feel like my plants would drowned if i had straight coco. But i am also a noob and new to coco so i better just shut up an smoke another one. Lol sorry budbadger not trying to jack your thread!!!
what up cstump rise and shine! No worries on jacking my thread lol this isnt mine hoss its our thread, your more than welcome to stop in and discuss and ask anything, hell if you wana talk about how the wife drinks all the beer and the dog is always peeing on your favorite sweatpants is cool with me!!

you really dont want more waterings in coco. without trying to sound like a doosh i really do know what im talking about. im not a noob and have grown many thousands of plants in coco. ofcourse its up to you how you want to grow but straight coco is great. if its too wet its cos you are feeding too much. in early veg a feed every few days is more than enough. once in flower once per day is enough. what size pots are you using and how big are plants. if you want to feed more switch to hydro.

I thought coco is hydro? Anything that isn't soil. And I'm currently in 5 liter pots they are only a month from seed you can stop by my journal if you would like its in my signature. And I read this thing that more but smaller feedings is suppose to be better and more wet/dry cycles. But like you said its up to the grower and what works for them. Which reminds me my supervisor at work completely hates coco and did everything he could to talk me out of it because he could never get it to work. I guess soil is just his thing.

well yes it is hydro technically but not true hydro in the sense of no medium.

coco is great. its paid for my villa and my boat so must be doing something right with it lol.

serious though, yes small waterings is what you want but daily is more than enough. 5litre pot id be putting no more than 200ml of liquid through and i rarely do run off. give ot just enough so that its dry but not dying 24 hours later and that is perfect.

Right I have been giving each 1 solo cup about 3/4 full each day, which I haven't seen any run off yet was just goin to do a weekly or bi weekly low ppm flush
. If I leave them in same pots as they get bigger they will demand more water so I would just up the feedings per day. Instead of the amount per feeding. And as for paying for your boat an villa I hope to be in the same path as you!!! Coco=new boat. Lmao

coco is great. Its paid for my villa and my boat so must be doing something right with it lol

ahh hahaha thats great!!! Damn boat and villa you ol sly dog you!
As always thanks for the advice, i havent really had to adjust my ph since its been in the tote it just kinda hangs out at 5.9 6.0. However there really isnt anything as for nutes in the water just very very little rapidstart and also a very little of auquasheild. I will lower it a little as advised. When it came down to getting my nute line up it basically came down to the budget at the time, i wanted to go with advanced nutes but just couldnt swing the extra at the time and to be honest the only reason i wanted advanced is because they have a cooler graphic design lol. On the next run i will come to you for a good line up hoss. Hope your day is going good, cant see how you have bad days though with the villas, toys and surrounded by beautiful buds!! Glad your keeping a eye on me its appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom