7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

Re: 7 1/2 foot tall sativa, organic outdoor grow flowering.

Don't let it go over 80-90% cloudy trichs, cause you're gonna f@#$k up yr smoke.

conradino23 just a question because ive never done this before, but if i was to let any of the trichomes go to the amber stage (lets say i found 1 or 2 amber trics out of all the samples i looked at) would it give me that uplifting high with a little piece of couch lock? i guess im just wondering what its like to have a couple amber in them... im not going to try this as this is my first time and i just want to get it done right and what you said is on the spot so thank you for that. i do have a 60x-100x microscope so ill start checking trichomes every other day now.

Pure sativas, but even sativa-dominant hybrids, do not gain anything highwise when pulled late, it's only weight game really. If you cut it too late you're gonna have a weird buzz dominated by CBN, which will lose clear headiness and will last shorter! If you want couch lock, then you need to grow indicas, that's a fact.

i just have another question, when do the flowers start to fatten up? they are nice size and they have got bigger over the last 2 weeks but i wouldn't really say they fattened up just grew new growth and now with the pistols turning, did she maybe already fatten up or is that yet to come. ill try and get some size comparison pics up sometime, but i would say most of them are comparable to the width of my/your thumb, some are bigger some are smaller

Exactly!

You CAN check the leaves, but 2 problems with that.. 1 you don't smoke the leaves. (Or at least you shouldn't, if you're looking for quality. But the leaves are smokable. They just suck for flavor). 2. I've heard from a few growers that trichomes mature faster on the sugar leaves than on the bud. If you harvest according to leaves, the trichomes on the bud won't be fully mature, and can lack potency.

ok see i just figured where there are trichomes i can check them but thats good to know ill start looking at the buds themselves and the leaves and if i find that theres a difference between the 2 i will be sure to post that knowledge on here so others know. and when trimming during harvest id really only be able to trim the sugar leaves close to where they meet the bud, i wont be able to remove the whole leaf will i? except for the fan leaves and any larger leaves that would be easily pulled off, just wondering because i know whatever leaves i cant completely remove will shrink 70% so they would basically withdraw into the bud..??

ill have to watch some vids and do a little reading about it but just a couple thoughts and questions based on trimming

With good scissors you can get most of it easily. Occasionally there's a little piece here and there that you miss, that's not too big of a deal. But leaving them all on will definitely impact the flavor.

I'll be using my trim in making Cannabis Oil, so it won't go to waste at all.

And this maturation of trichomes might vary by strains, but it was true for my Power Flower that I just harvested. I've had amber trichomes for a week or so on the leaves, but only recently did they appear on the buds. So for my particular strain, it was true. Keep an eye on both your buds, and sugar leaves and see if you notice a difference as well.

hey need more advice. just went outside today to take a look at the beautiful plant of mine and the pistols are changing quite quickly about 40/60 now 40 being the brown.... and they are really fat lol take a look and tell me what you think. trichomes are still clear there may be a few here and there that are cloudy but its hard to tell with angles and focus. but alot of brown pistols on her thanks everyone whos been helping i know its a sign shes maturing but isnt that kind of fast for a sativa its olny been 7 full weeks

why so many brown hairs if the trichomes arent close to ready yet? i read somewhere that you can harvest when 75-80% of the pistols have turned brown (if you dont have a microscope to look at the trichomes) is that true or no?

IMG_20140902_163524_300.jpg
IMG_20140902_163419_073.jpg
IMG_20140902_162724_264.jpg

It doesn't seem like it produced a ton of pistils to begin with. It might still have more time in it though, or may produce another round of pistils.

What you read is 100% false. While maybe 'Strain A' might be mature enough to have mostly cloudy trichomes coincidentally while the pistils are 75%-80% brown, 'Strain Z' may still have mostly cloudy trichomes. Harvesting now would result in VERY low potency Cannabis.
Furthermore, different phenotypes within a strain can also vary in how fast they mature.

This logic is no different than saying "After 5 cars pass through the green light, I can drive through the intersection, because after 5 cars pass, their light turns red."

The plant I just harvested only had 45-55% brown pistils. That SHOULD mean it wasn't ready.

But I had about 90-95% cloudy trichomes on the sugar leaves, and 5-10% amber, with a few clears.
On the buds themselves, I was at about 95% cloudy, with a few ambers, and the rest clear.
The trichomes hold the Cannabinoids, and it's the only accurate way to harvest.

It doesn't seem like it produced a ton of pistils to begin with. It might still have more time in it though, or may produce another round of pistils.

is it bad or uncommon to have the amount of pistols mine has? ive noticed it seemed a little light on pistols but i figured that might just be the strain or genetics but idk cause i have no experience lol

She doesn't look ready yet, and it would be really weird if she was ready at this point. I mean my Pakistan Chitral Kush which is pure indica isn't ready yet. In three to four weeks she might be ready though, so keep examining trichs every week and smoke samples.

Very nice sativa expression in this plant, beautiful structure! :surf: :volcano-smiley:

Can't wait to see more updates :)

Yeah, take some samples and continue monitoring the flowers :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom