7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

Re: 7 1/2 foot tall sativa, organic outdoor grow flowering.

better figure out a way to support all those branches....as she continues to put on weight some of those may just snap off.

If she gets a heavy rain it could really do alot of damage as she doesn't look able to support the weight??

Looking good so far. :high-five:

If she gets enough wind, there's no worry. Otherwise yeah, staking might be necessary if she stars leaning heavily.

i agree that she needs stakes around to tie those outer almost horizontal branches to give them support, she has got some heavy rains the last few days with maybe a couple more coming this week and i imagine she has dealt with winds close to 40 mph at least twice this summer as thats not uncommon to see a few times where im at. but thanks for the input and i will try and get some steaks in the ground soon.

I had to stake one of my plants recently, very lightly though as I believe in her strength. I suggest you do it only if absolutely necessary. Try to bend her lightly and let her go to check her reaction first. If she bends back, there's nothing to worry about. That's mine.

la46.jpg

ok just so im clear you want me to take one of those side branches and pull downward lightly and see if it springs back up into place right away? or are you talking about the 5 main branches that the plant has? and if so its good to go unless i see it start to hang lower and lower do to week to week weight gain..

and thats a nice looking plant you got there conradino23, also that one just to the right 9 leaves thats crazy to see. mine started out with 7 leafed fan leaves but now around the top foot or 2 it only has 3? dont know why that is i guess i should look into that unless its normal for it to do that as its putting more energy into flowering than anything else..

as you can see there is some twine tied to a tree she happened to grow next to and the twine is holding it from possibly tipping over as a whole

I'm talking about the main branches!

The plant you're talking about is called Nanda Devi, it's landrace sativa from northern India used for making charas. It's been started late though and that's why she's so small. The big one is pure indica, L.A. Confidential, around 11 feet now.

Very nice, man! Usually light one like that is enough even for a stronger rainstorm :thumb:
But without the wind it's much worse, sooner or later they fall under rain. Your stems/branches look very strong, so it's all good from here :thumb:

Aaa, what kind of soil do you have under there?

the soil is just normal soil.. it just grew there so nothing special just good ole mid-western soil
(aka some of the best black dirt you can find) lol.

and yea we got something like an inch and a half of rain yesterday (thats a lot for where im at lol) so if it can handle that it should be all good i guess..

because really it wont see that much rain in one day again this year at the most maybe a half inch a day (when it rains) is maybe a little above average but to keep it on the safe side

well today is the end of week 6 week 7 starts tomorrow so here are some picks of the progress this week..

all the pictures that look like tops are just the side branches coming off the main branches! the buds look a little skinny but theyll fatten up later on, right?

also if you look at the first post on page 1 thats week 4 of flower.. is it flowering fast? or is that where it should be at for a sativa

IMG_20140826_184724_395.jpg
IMG_20140826_184501_842.jpg
IMG_20140826_184324_888.jpg
IMG95201408269518492795046.jpg

thanks antics, do you still think mid to lat september based on what you see at the end of week 6? im not in any rush just seeing how you feel about your guess on havest time, oh and i do have a 60x-100x magnifier coming in the mail should be here friday

hey i have a question for anyone to answer, would it be a good idea to do backbuilding on my plant or should i just let it grow i read that backbuilding makes the flowers , colas more dense, and with dealing with a sativa wouldn't that make the colas less airy?

Now she's really advanced, and you might have a chance to harvest it in the first week of October if she does that well, so don't ya pull any tricks now :)

hey i have a question for anyone to answer, would it be a good idea to do backbuilding on my plant or should i just let it grow i read that backbuilding makes the flowers , colas more dense, and with dealing with a sativa wouldn't that make the colas less airy?

I'm not totally sure on that one. I just started experimenting with it myself. You might want to ask the man himself: LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds! And be sure to give him all the details, or a link to this topic.

i have to say using this microscope and using the camera to look through it and take a picture is really hard lol this is the best i can do for now, practice makes perfect though. but otherwise just looking through the scope i can see that almost all of the trichomes are clear there maybe a couple here and there that look milky but that could just be the angle and such. but its cool to see it for the first time in person

:high-five:

2014083095100351.jpg
2014083095094811.jpg

Back
Top Bottom