7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

Re: 7 1/2 foot tall sativa, organic outdoor grow flowering.

im kind of thinking the same thing lol. ill just post pictures of my beautiful flowers, i did do backbuilding on half of the plant the other half im leaving alone for now till i see how the backbuild goes, hope it goes good and doesnt ruin half of the plant... but i dont see how it could ruin it its such A small portion that gets cut off

very nice plant! glad i ran across this site/thread. i'm still pretty new to growing and lucky enough to have a girl about 17 weeks old as well. her buds low density was a concern so of course i started to look around the web to do some research and possible pic comparisons. would like to let you check out a few pics of my plant but not going to hijack this thread. definitely feeling better about things now, thanks!!

Honestly please don't be concerned with any downfall from Backbuilding. I have been using this method for years. It was taught to me by a friend who was a commercial grower for over 20 years. He was on a massive scale with 20-30 full factory house conversions going at anyone time.
The little guide I posted has dozens of independent posts with before and after pics with good detailed info. Not one bad thing has been said by a single soul on this method.
Its a method that is as old as time. It just didn't get openly passed around and was more a little secret for those that had it passed down from grower to grower.
So I thought screw it lets share the love! Anyone doubting just read the short thread! :)

thanks, butters. here are a few i took this morning except the first pic which was taken around the end of july. i live in a very hot/humid climate so how well i can fight off powdery mildew/mold and worms (i'll spray the foliage with bt & neem but in this humidity i could run into problems) over the next few weeks remains to be seen.
:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:
@ Light Addict

awesome guide, sir! will be doing some backbuilding later this evening when things cool off somewhat. looking at another 90 degree + day :(.

DSCN61303.JPG

DSCN62731.JPG
DSCN62651.JPG
DSCN62672.JPG
DSCN62851.JPG
DSCN6282.JPG
DSCN62461.JPG

*edit* she was also around 7.5ft when i measured this morn :)

hey light addict, i didnt mean to doubt back building, i did read the entire post and looked at all the pictures. i have faith in the backbuilding otherwise i wouldnt have done it all to such a great plant, ill try and remember to also put a before and after picture up on your tread about it if you would like.

hey stormrage, that is a beautiful plant, :high-five:

as you said with your humidity you'll have a few things to look out for, this last week and a half for me it has rained at least a little everyday which is unusual but my temps are in the mid 70's so thats good but ill still have to watch for mold as well. '

looks healthy from what i can see though great work!

P.S i see you have the purple stems on your fan leaves, i have the same thing going on and it has been most of the plants life really dont know if thats a lack of a nutrient or if thats just part of the genetics.?. im going to go with genetics as your plant and mine both look to be doing quite well.

P.S i see you have the purple stems on your fan leaves, i have the same thing going on and it has been most of the plants life really dont know if thats a lack of a nutrient or if thats just part of the genetics.?. im going to go with genetics as your plant and mine both look to be doing quite well.

my soils ph is on the low side which i've read could lead to a P deficiency which reddish/purple stems are indicative of. i've also read that high temps can cause the stems to do this. * shrug* since your temps are in the 70s heat is likely not the issue. i'm going to try top dressing with lime and feeding her some P, & Cal-Mg.will let you know if i see a change although the best result i can hope for at this point is a slowing of the mottled yellow leaves i have been finding more and more of everyday.... :peace::peace::peace::peace:

very nice plant! glad i ran across this site/thread. i'm still pretty new to growing and lucky enough to have a girl about 17 weeks old as well. her buds low density was a concern so of course i started to look around the web to do some research and possible pic comparisons. would like to let you check out a few pics of my plant but not going to hijack this thread. definitely feeling better about things now, thanks!!

I'm testing it on a grow now. Not that I don't believe LA, but I like to test everything to see the effects, and weight the pros and cons of a technique before I go all out.

After a few days, you can start seeings the difference, after 9 days a distinct difference is visible. I have the latest pictures of my backbuilding experiment here: Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow

I won't have a weight comparison for at least 2-3 weeks though, and even then it'd just be a wet weight. I'm really more concerned about the dry weight.

That's a very pretty plant, Stormrage. If you want to prevent mold I'd start trimming the middle and lollipop lower branches to provide more ventillation as she's very bushy. That won't guarantee that she's not gonna catch it, but will lower the risk. I spray preventively for mold with lactobacillus acidophilus, but there are US products like Serenade or Eagle 30, which work quite well, so you might get around it while you still have time.

correct me if im wrong but cannabis plants dont like wet feet and with the last week and a half of rain just about every day shes had wet feet so is that why her pistols could be turning or is it just purely a sign of her maturing?

heres some pics were at the end of week 7 (wednesday) is start of week 8. tell me how she looks :thanks:

2014090195121833.jpg
2014090195121754.jpg
2014090195121533.jpg
20140901951214341.jpg

correct me if im wrong but cannabis plants dont like wet feet and with the last week and a half of rain just about every day shes had wet feet so is that why her pistols could be turning or is it just purely a sign of her maturing?

heres some pics were at the end of week 7 (wednesday) is start of week 8. tell me how she looks :thanks:

Pistils turning is just a sign of her maturing. If you had a problem with too much water, the first thing I've noticed is the leaves start to sag a little.

She's maturing all right, it's not due to the rain. You might start checking the trichs. I'd even get a sample bud, I always do it and it definitely helps to figure where you are with an unknown strain. Don't let it go over 80-90% cloudy trichs, cause you're gonna f@#$k up yr smoke.

Back
Top Bottom