7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

LST all you want.

Any high stress training like FIM, Topping, supercropping, etc.. can slow the plant. Sometimes as little as 2 days. Other times up to a week.

This is where photo period plants have the advantage. You train all you want and you get to decide when the plant is ready, and you choose when it can flower.

For Autos, the plant is on a timer, and this timer starts when you plant the seed.

For Photo period plants, YOU hold the timer. Veg as long as you want. Weeks. Months. Years. Then YOU press the button to start the timer by switching to 12/12 lighting. The plant detects 12 hours of daylight, and that triggers the flowering phase to start.

You can top, clone, whatever you want on an auto. You just have a time limit.

For a new grower like yourself, I suggest LST only on an auto.

thanks antics,

heres a pic of the leaves are turning purple, it did get down to 38 degrees for a couple nights, only one side of the plant has the purple leaves (the most exposed side) looks cool ill put more pics up in a day or 2

2014091695162653.jpg

thanks antics :) was just wondering if you might know the answer to this, if you clone an auto does the clone take on the auto trait?

Cloning means having IDENTICAL genetics. So if you clone an Auto that is 8 weeks old, technically the clone is also 8 weeks old, it then requires about a week or two to root, and then will continue growing as if it were about the same age as the mother.

ahhhh so cloning an auto is probably a no go then?

heres a couple more pics on is looking through the plant the best i could to give you a little idea of how many buds are on the bottom half of the plant of course i couldnt get the entire bottom half in the pic but its the best i could do just couldnt get the side branches in the pic where the majority of the flowers are, also i stopped feeding it nutes as about 20% give or take 5% of the trichomes have turned cloudy :) its getting close to harvest!!
2014091795175357.jpg
2014091795175548.jpg

2014091795182302_1_.jpg
2014091795182249.jpg
2014091795182319.jpg
2014091795182343.jpg

well thanks for the help with that antics and im sure out of the 10 free seeds i got with the bubblelicious autos i bought that those wont be autos just regular seeds so ill get to have a lot of fun with those maybe ill have enough meds after i harvest this current plant that i can hope for indica (hope its not a male lol because ill veg it for a couple months while practicing LST on it and take a clone before i put it into flower in case it does well and is a female, but i do appreciate all the input and help you've given me along the way it definitely helped a ton. btw i voted for you on member of the month great job!

Thanks for the vote bro! I think those other guys are more deserving, they've put tons of time into helping the community, but I totally appreciate it!

Most of the time when you order seeds, they'll tell you exactly what the freebies are. Sometimes they tell the strains, sometimes it's a surprise mix, but they'll almost always tell you if they are regular or feminized.

If you're getting regular seeds, the ratio is approximately 50% male, 50% female. But depending on the luck of the draw, you could have more, or less females than 5.

And don't forget, you can continue LST into flower. I usually go a few weeks at least with LST as the plant is flowering, you just have to be a little more careful around the buds and trichomes as you work with her. On my last grow I was done with most of my LST by the time I was flowering, but I still used a few ties and pipe cleaners here and there to keep the canopy even.

i dont know about all that i know conradino has been helping me here and there with good info but you have been here the longest to help with my questions so you got my vote, and ok from what it seems like ill have enough light with the 300W LED that i could grow maybe 2 at a time of the autos since there not going to get all that big, unless i do something right lol, what kind of soil do you normally use? and i keep hearing perlite what is that? also im thinking of using FF veg nutes and big bud nutes as well as tiger bloom is that a good combo or dont you have experience with those nutes, no need to rush answering these questions as i have at least a month till im growing and you have a lot going on thanks though

Nirvana used to give out shwack loads of freebies, no matter how many you ordered. It was usually Nirvana Ice that was given away. You could always email your seed provider/seedbank and ask about your order # they should be able to tell you what the freebies are.

Looking great! I wish I had that many buds on the lower branches! Keep rocking almost there!

i dont know about all that i know conradino has been helping me here and there with good info but you have been here the longest to help with my questions so you got my vote, and ok from what it seems like ill have enough light with the 300W LED that i could grow maybe 2 at a time of the autos since there not going to get all that big, unless i do something right lol, what kind of soil do you normally use? and i keep hearing perlite what is that? also im thinking of using FF veg nutes and big bud nutes as well as tiger bloom is that a good combo or dont you have experience with those nutes, no need to rush answering these questions as i have at least a month till im growing and you have a lot going on thanks though

The LED we both bought should have no problems with 2 plants. Personally, I think it's the perfect size for 2, without any overcrowding, and you should easily get at least an ounce from each plant with 6 weeks Veg time, assuming good growing conditions.. temp, humidit, not overwatered, etc..

Soil.. Honestly man I bought miracle grow for my first grow and had problems. I then made the switch to plain cheap as possibly potting soil. Later I mixed in a bag of slightly better soil, which was from just a department store, and no nutrients in it either, other than organics. Perlite is a volcanic glass that basically improves drainage of your soil. Soil by itself tends to hold a lot of water, and for long periods of time. For normal houseplants this can be ok, but Cannabis does best in a well drained soil. And this seems to be really accurate, I did quite well on my second grow so far, and I added perlite to the soil. The first grow I didn't use any.

Fox Farms products are great, but if you choose to use them, use them only in your final transplant pots. And use plain soil in your seedling pots. A lot of strains have shown to be sensitive to the higher level of nutes on Fox Farms Ocean Forest (and maybe others?) and this has caused problems for growers with sick and/or dead plants. So an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure in this case.

Not sure about the combo, you'd need someone familiar with FF nutes to help on that one. I haven't used their products yet.

I don't have too much going on now man. I'm waiting for my final plant to dry, and waiting for a seed to pop, so right now it's my down time :)

thats all great info thanks antics, i have a question when it comes to the soil + drainage, now what if i did like a 65/35 soil/sand mix? sand would definitely allow for drainage and the 65% soil would hold a little moisture and nutes but not to much i think?? just throwing that out there because i have family that lives by the ocean and the ground there is like 45% sand even 20 miles from the coast and the non cannabis plants seem to do fine and the rain gets soaked in the ground quick do you think that would work?

ok ill just use that perlite then, thanks for the info also it is the end of the 3rd week in september which means i lose the bet on when it would finish, so antics you have 11 days for it to finish or conradino will be the winner. you better find him and tell him to get back in touch with this thread lol

heres a few more pics and one is of one of only a few green buds left :)
201409199516061395Richtone_HDR_.jpg
201409199516062395Richtone_HDR_.jpg
201409199516064495Richtone_HDR_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom