9 watt light

COMBAT

Hi Guys

I got a 9 watt broad spectrum grow light from home depot.

I am just doing a single auto dark purple. And in veg it is going amazing. Growing super fast and just loving life. Just wondering if it will be possible to finish under this light. And if so would 9 grams be the total I cod get off it?

1663741157154.png

Might not be enough light to produce buds.

It will produce. It will produce more with more light energy. I have used a low watt GE PLANT bulb previously.

But there it no replacement for high intensity. Go check out @VIVOSUN they have several very affordable options to take your flowering to the next level. They also ha e random coupons on the forum and the web if you search around. Great company fast shipping.

You may get that or more than that or less/nothing too, but it's kind of get what you pay for too. Will it grow a plant? yes Will it yield a lot? no......so things like time spent and money on soil and nutes have to be decided by you, same as legality of it where you are can affect it as a tiny plant and a big plant still means you are a grower to the local LEO (same way as they weigh the whole plant wet to get their "street value" baloney off of ;) ).

And as said above there are decent budget level lights out their one can go with besides what you find at your local home improvement or garden stores.

And as said above there are decent budget level lights out their one can go with besides what you find at your local home improvement or garden stores.
What Dwight says in the line above and his entire msg.

In the long run you will be happier with a better light. The one you got is great for getting seedlings and cuttings started or growing a couple of African Violets but that is about all. It is not for growing any decent sized plant especially one that we want to grow as fast as possible in the shortest amount of time. Even the info you included says it is for the smallest sized plants.

Nothing wrong with home improvement or neighborhood gardening stores. Gardening stores as in the kind we would go to in order to get a bag of lawn fertilizer or buy some flowers in the spring to put on the front porch. Gardening stores as in the kind of store someone who does not grow Marijuana would feel comfortable in.

Check out the 'grow shops' or 'hydro shops' as they are called. Visit several of them and check out the inexpensive or starter lights. Before you go look up all the info you can on the new generation of LED lights. Read about the HPS and similar more powerful lights before you go. The more you understand about the lights the less confused you will be in most of the grow or hydro stores. Otherwise the info dump on wattage, spectrum, light levels, PAR and LUX values will be intense and just add to the confusion.

The people in the stores are used to talking to customers who have already started growing and are already using grow lights. They often do not remember what it was like when they were getting started and had a lot of choices.

It might take a couple of trips and it might be 3 or 4 different stores but it will be time well spent.

Back
Top Bottom