A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Hi Kristian.

You can try some weak capsules orally for extra pain relief. Suppositories are great for fighting cancer but the other effects are felt much more subtly, at least for me. If her pain is acute then oral or vaping may help better. Oral can take up to 1 hour to reach full effect even in biobomb form but will last several hours.

You can make the biobombs with just THC. Most of my oil was very low in CBD (my high cbd crops failed.) It's much better to have some CBD in there, but most important is to keep up with increasing the dosage with THC if that's all you have at the moment. Besides its own anti-cancer effects CBD keeps THC and other cancer fighters in the system longer. So add it back in when you can and know that the THC is still working on its own.

Hello all. I'd like to bounce off you folks some confusion I'm having in understanding the formulation of cannabis medication targetting cancer, specifically.

Somewhere from my past readings I believed I came to understand that THC is a major cancer-fighting cannabinoid, and in this forum I see considerable effort being made to work around its psychoactive side-effect where high doses are called for.

Yet, if the cannabis pie-chart (below) is to be believed, the decarboxylated THC component of cannabis is attributed with no significant cancer-fighting property. I accept the wisdom that THC is invaluable as a moderator of CBD's activity, and that alone would be sufficient reason for its inclusion in roughly 1:1 ratio. But as for THC having anti-cancer activity of its own—the pie chart seems to admit to none of significance.

Can someone kindly clear up my confusion over the role of a high concentration of ∆9-THC in anti-cancer mixtures?

Cannabis Pie Chart:

cannabinoid-pie-chart.jpg

Hello all. I'd like to bounce off you folks some confusion I'm having in understanding the formulation of cannabis medication targetting cancer, specifically.

Somewhere from my past readings I believed I came to understand that THC is a major cancer-fighting cannabinoid, and in this forum I see considerable effort being made to work around its psychoactive side-effect where high doses are called for.

Yet, if the cannabis pie-chart (below) is to be believed, the decarboxylated THC component of cannabis is attributed with no significant cancer-fighting property. I accept the wisdom that THC is invaluable as a moderator of CBD's activity, and that alone would be sufficient reason for its inclusion in roughly 1:1 ratio. But as for THC having anti-cancer activity of its own—the pie chart seems to admit to none of significance.

Can someone kindly clear up my confusion over the role of a high concentration of ∆9-THC in anti-cancer mixtures?

I am not sure where your chart came from, but THC kills cancer. It was proven back in the Nixon administration, but they buried the studies because it was supposed to show how THC CAUSED cancer. THC causes controlled cell death of the cancer cells while leaving the surrounding health cells alone. Here is a time lapsed video of THC killing cancer cells in the brain. :circle-of-love::peace:

THC effects on Tumor Brain Cells, Normal Brain Cells - YouTube

The simple answer is that the chart is incomplete. You'll note that it also doesn't mention its psychoactive effects, which we know it has. delta-THC-9 is cannabinoid most clearly understood and best documented as actual cancer cell killer. The others are less well understood which may be why chart only says cancer inhibiting.

The chart is obviously incomplete. We try to limit the psychoactivity to get more therapeutic effect in the area of killing cancer cells. Euphoria is an indication of metabolized THC. Once it's metabolized it loses the cancer-fighting attributes we were seeking. Someone using high doses to treat cancer shouldn't be limited in daily experience by too much euphoria. It's possible, through the techniques worked out by this group, to get high doses of meds in without the overwhelming euphoria.

The simple answer is that the chart is incomplete. You'll note that it also doesn't mention its psychoactive effects, which we know it has. delta-THC-9 is cannabinoid most clearly understood and best documented as actual cancer cell killer. The others are less well understood which may be why chart only says cancer inhibiting.
It is a chart that regularly does the rounds of forums, so I'm surprised that such a glaring omission hasn't been corrected.

I looked farther and found a more detailed cannabinoid chart at Leafly, and it indeed includes THC under cancer treatment:

PLUe6NdETsirqg7Y9Hkf_Cannabinoid-Wheel-_Final_---English.jpg

Regarding THC, the US Govt's cancer web site gives heaps of credit to THC having a cancer fighting rôle. Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ(R))—Health Professional Version - National Cancer Institute

Anyway, this brings me closer to the question I was really getting around to...

If you examine the cannabinoid chart, you can see that two of the listed anti-cancer cannabinoids are the acid form, meaning they are converted during the decarboxylation heating. Wouldn't the best "general purpose" anti-cancer capsule be one comprising extracts from both the decarboxylated buds and from the raw bud, thereby supplying all of the listed anti-cancer agents in significant amount? That way we could be assured to have every contingency covered. :blushsmile:

I realize that decarboxylation is never complete, and there must inevitably be residual amounts of THCA and CBDA in the final product, anyway, but it will vary from user to user, and from batch to batch, so will be an unknown and unreliable percentage. Deliberate inclusion of some extract of raw cannabis would remedy this.

It is probably fair to say that THCA and CBDA play rôles at least slightly different from those of THC and CBD, respectively, so their inclusion in a medication would not be simply doubling up with more of the same?

It's definitely a good idea to include as many types of cannabinoids and also more terpenes in your medicine. It not only adds effects but they make each other more effective. Delta-9-THC should still be the dominant one in most cases, because we know more about how it works and it appears to have strongest cancer fighting effect. We're learning a lot more about CBD but still very little about how minor cannabinoids work individually, just that the entourage effect is more than the sum of its parts.

On this subject I'd like to share a few thoughts with the knowledgeable folk here....

Having soaked up a feel for the fastidiousness that permeates marijuana-based formuIations in this forum, I admit to being regularly astonished by stories I read (on facebook and other media) where people have cured or at least arrested advanced cancer even though they used what seems in comparison a wholly inadequate modality or dosage or formula. It just demonstrates how amazingly potent must be these unleashed marauding armies of cannabinoids and companion terpenes, etc

Here's a case of thyroid cancer metastasised to the lung and considered incurable, but where the tumors are seen to shrink by half after medicating with droppersful of a non-psychoactive formulation. It's touching to see what considerations the mother gave to the decision of which type of oil she would purchase. :love:

Sorry, I'm unsure how to link to something on facebook.....does this link bring up the article for you?

(If the link does not work for you I'll have to attach a screenshot.)

On this subject I'd like to share a few thoughts with the knowledgeable folk here....

Having soaked up a feel for the fastidiousness that permeates marijuana-based formuIations in this forum, I admit to being regularly astonished by stories I read (on facebook and other media) where people have cured or at least arrested advanced cancer even though they used what seems in comparison a wholly inadequate modality or dosage or formula. It just demonstrates how amazingly potent must be these unleashed marauding armies of cannabinoids and companion terpenes, etc

Here's a case of thyroid cancer metastasised to the lung and considered incurable, but where the tumors are seen to shrink by half after medicating with droppersful of a non-psychoactive formulation. It's touching to see what considerations the mother gave to the decision of which type of oil she would purchase. :love:

Sorry, I'm unsure how to link to something on facebook.....does this link bring up the article for you?

(If the link does not work for you I'll have to attach a screenshot.)

If she was taking a dropper full, say 1-2ml of THCA rich cannabis oil, infused or extracted, that's a significant dose.

On a health forum page I saw a formulation for a cannabis cancer-fighting capsule, it was similar to what has been developed in this thread but with the inclusion of B caro and limonene. Google enlightened me on the beta carotene abbreviation, :blushsmile: and I later read where limonene is a terpene credited with anti-cancer properties. D-Limonene - Uses, Health Benefits, Tips and More

I was reminded of all this on seeing the cannabis components chart below, where a couple of terpenes are included, and revealing that limonene is a natural constituent of cannabis, in addition to occurring in citrus peel.

My question: does it sound like a good idea to include a limonene supplement in the treatment? It seems relatively inexpensive: Jarrow Formulas, d-Limonene, 1000 mg, 60 Softgels - iHerb.com

I'm cautious about beta carotene. Where cancer is involved I hesitate—since the research finding that beta carotene actually promoted the growth of lung cancer, if memory serves me correctly.

Halent-Laboratories-2011-910x588.jpg

source: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Halent-Laboratories-2011-910x588.jpg

If she was taking a dropper full, say 1-2ml of THCA rich cannabis oil, infused or extracted, that's a significant dose.

It's still a 0% THC solution, and that sounds sub-optimal for a cancer-killer medication. Despite this, the mixture definitely seems to have worked outstandingly well in the case cited! :blushsmile:

On a health forum page I saw a formulation for a cannabis cancer-fighting capsule, it was similar to what has been developed in this thread but with the inclusion of B caro and limonene. Google enlightened me on the beta carotene abbreviation, :blushsmile: and I later read where limonene is a terpene credited with anti-cancer properties. D-Limonene - Uses, Health Benefits, Tips and More

I was reminded of all this on seeing the cannabis components chart below, where a couple of terpenes are included, and revealing that limonene is a natural constituent of cannabis, in addition to occurring in citrus peel.

My question: does it sound like a good idea to include a limonene supplement in the treatment? It seems relatively inexpensive: Jarrow Formulas, d-Limonene, 1000 mg, 60 Softgels - iHerb.com

I'm cautious about beta carotene. Where cancer is involved I hesitate—since the research finding that beta carotene actually promoted the growth of lung cancer, if memory serves me correctly.

Halent-Laboratories-2011-910x588.jpg

source: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Halent-Laboratories-2011-910x588.jpg

I'm not certain I'd want to be adding a supplement so much as seek out a strain high in limonene. That way I'd be gaining the benefits of the natural synergy contained in that plant's oil.

The same applies with beta carotene. The studies were done on populations of smokers (?), which would introduce a whole new range of variables. Again, a strain high in beta carotene would also benefit from the entourage effect.

CCO has anti-cancer properties. Although fine-tuning the terpene profiles can be of great benefit, the oil of a healthy plant high in THC will be effective against cancer, pure and simple.

The progressive development and enhancements to marijuana medication in this forum are a fascinating testament to what great things can be achieved when good people work together for a common goal. We are all indebted to those who are giving so selflessly of their time and expertise to achieve this. Along the way it has been recommended in this thread that mango brings advantageous interaction to cannabis medication, so I was interested to come across the following amplifying thoughts on this interaction:

Mango, myrcene and marijuana?

According to several sources, eating a good ripe mango 45 minutes before smoking marijuana increases the effect of the herb. This could be explained by the presence of Myrcene in mangos, which acts in synergy with the THC. [...]

We should select a very good variety of mango, because only a few have essential oil rich in myrcene(Cavalo 57.1%, rose 52.4%, Sword 37.2% and Paulista 30.3%), and besides, this myrcene, mixed with other molecules of the same fruit, decreases their assimilation. Also, if the mango is not very ripe the myrcene level will be too low to notice its interaction.

source: Marijuana terpenes and their effects - Alchimia blog

The article says an alternative is oil of hops with more than 20% myrcene, and hints there is opportunity for tantalising research into terpenes in marijuana:

For example, if we add more limonenes, we will have a more stimulating herb, and on the contrary, if we increase linelool levels of a plant, its effect will be much more sedative.

Too, it has crossed my mind that addition of myrcene to cannabis tincture may help to cover its unmistakeable odour, there being some times where that is important. :blushsmile:

Like most supplements, myrcene can be purchased online, in food grade.

The progressive development and enhancements to marijuana medication in this forum are a fascinating testament to what great things can be achieved when good people work together for a common goal. We are all indebted to those who are giving so selflessly of their time and expertise to achieve this. Along the way it has been recommended in this thread that mango brings advantageous interaction to cannabis medication, so I was interested to come across the following amplifying thoughts on this interaction:

The article says an alternative is oil of hops with more than 20% myrcene, and hints there is opportunity for tantalising research into terpenes in marijuana:

Too, it has crossed my mind that addition of myrcene to cannabis tincture may help to cover its unmistakeable odour, there being some times where that is important. :blushsmile:

Like most supplements, myrcene can be purchased online, in food grade.

I believe we're coming into exciting times of exploring different terpene profiles. Some of the members have already begun doing this when they combine strains for a personalized oil mix. Some have begun adding essential oils to the CCO. I haven't heard of anyone yet adding terpenes. It'd be nice to have some hard research behind this, wouldn't it? How much would be too much?

With a majority of states now legal in one respect or another the data's beginning to come in on effective formulations. Get enough of us producing and testing our own oil formulations and we'll stay ahead of the official learning curve.

It's maddening to me that legislators with no working knowledge of cannabis as a healing modality are setting restrictive rules that keep progressive-thinking patients and caregivers in the category of law breakers.

I'm not certain I'd want to be adding a supplement so much as seek out a strain high in limonene. That way I'd be gaining the benefits of the natural synergy contained in that plant's oil.

Indeed, that would be ideal. However, I'm in a land of prohibition; anyone needing CCO for cancer therapy here will count themselves fortunate if they can find a reliable supplier of high THC high CBD bud. The terpene content will be just whatever comes.

I'm thinking it may be feasible to fortify the common garden variety oil with more of whatever it lacks. :blushsmile: In this, I'm assuming it will be legal to import terpenes.

Terpenes galore: Natural Terpene Isolates for Sale | Buy Terpenes Online Today

It's still a 0% THC solution, and that sounds sub-optimal for a cancer-killer medication. Despite this, the mixture definitely seems to have worked outstandingly well in the case cited! :blushsmile:

Thanks for stirring up the conversation in this thread. The role of terpenes and non-psychoactive cannabinoids in cancer treatment (and for other conditions) is fascinating subject. The more we learn about them the more options we find for treating cancer. I think ultimately we will have oils with precisely formulated profiles for specific types of cancer. They will be even more effective and allow much lower doses.

We've already come a long way from the early days of RSO with better knowledge of delivery methods and increasing bioavailability with the Bio Bomb formula. The 60 gram/60 day protocol was designed to make up for the inefficiency and uncertainty of early treatment methods that had bio-availability of 20% or less. My own treatment was successful at only half the 1 gr/day dosage and actually showed signs of working in earlier scan when I was still at only 200-300 mg/day.

I wouldn't consider the oil without activated THC a sub-optimal treatment. All the main cannabinoids have been shown to have some cancer fighting properties including the acid forms. The main problem is that we don't know how much it takes. I started with a treatment plan based on THC-A to avoid psycho-active effect of THC. In spite of Dr. Courtney's enthusiasm for non-activated cannabinoids the research I could find didn't show them to be nearly as strong as activated THC. At 1-2 ml per day for 6 months an oil with even moderate levels of THC I believe would have eliminated the girl's tumors, not just reduced them. That is why I push THC in activated form, because we know how it works and how powerful it is, not because I don't believe in other cannabinoids.

As for adding terpenes to the oil, I think it's premature to think we can fine tune our treatments yet. I believe that's because of the multiple interactions and multi-phasic nature of effects that can dramatically change how each works in the body. Too many unknowns for me when dealing with stage 4 metastasis like that girl had. But as soon as we can end prohibition it won't be long before we have the knowledge to dramatically increase treatment options and start fine tuning our medicine the way you envision.

I believe we're coming into exciting times of exploring different terpene profiles. Some of the members have already begun doing this when they combine strains for a personalized oil mix. Some have begun adding essential oils to the CCO. I haven't heard of anyone yet adding terpenes. It'd be nice to have some hard research behind this, wouldn't it? How much would be too much?

With a majority of states now legal in one respect or another the data's beginning to come in on effective formulations. Get enough of us producing and testing our own oil formulations and we'll stay ahead of the official learning curve.

It's maddening to me that legislators with no working knowledge of cannabis as a healing modality are setting restrictive rules that keep progressive-thinking patients and caregivers in the category of law breakers.
Let me say I'm delighted to see the return to SweetSue. :cheer: Though sorry to hear the new job was not what you'd hoped it would be.

As far as legalisation bringing change, the first college here that dares to offer a diploma in Cannabis Medicine will be overwhelmed by enrolment applications, I'm tipping. It is probably something that could be studied by distance education, over the net. As cannabis becomes more widely legalised, most countries will be amazed at the emergence from the shadows of a talented pool of home-grown cannabis medicine or pharmacology experts they didn't even realize existed.
:rollit:
These are exciting times. :hippy: :peace:

Not sure if this is where I should be posting this . Need help. Feeling somewhat overwhelmed. I am trying to help my sister. She has superior vena cava syndrome caused by stage 4 metastatic disease that has metastasized to the lymph nodes and liver. She was given some Dama Oil that is high CBD, on the syringe it says 51.18%CBD / 24.61% THC. This has been making her feel very restless and anxious along with some dark thoughts, none of which she had prior to this. From what I have read here, I think we need oil with higher THC and maybe some other supplements, also a little confused about if we need another oil to keep the liver busy or do we want it in the liver, since it has metastasized there. She has been taking the oil orally, do you think another way might work better. I am in Washington state and would like to find a reputable dispensary that might have what she needs. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is where I should be posting this . Need help. Feeling somewhat overwhelmed. I am trying to help my sister. She has superior vena cava syndrome caused by stage 4 metastatic disease that has metastasized to the lymph nodes and liver. She was given some Dama Oil that is high CBD, on the syringe it says 51.18%CBD / 24.61% THC. This has been making her feel very restless and anxious along with some dark thoughts, none of which she had prior to this. From what I have read here, I think we need oil with higher THC and maybe some other supplements, also a little confused about if we need another oil to keep the liver busy or do we want it in the liver, since it has metastasized there. She has been taking the oil orally, do you think another way might work better. I am in Washington state and would like to find a reputable dispensary that might have what she needs. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is a good place to ask, Duarte :)
More knowledgable people than I will answer.

The restlessness and anxiousness is probably THC taken orally at a higher level than is comfortable for her. Taking some(half?) of the same oil in a suppository instead of orally will help with these symptoms. The timing and size of the doses will matter. I am confident the THC and CBD are helping her.

How much is she taking and how often? Dosing smaller amounts about 4 hours apart can be much more effective than dosing once a day .

There are good testimonials that grinding pepper and holding under the nose can help with anxiousness and paranoia. Effects are commonly noticed within 5 minutes. One can keep grinding and sniffing the aroma as desired. It's just fresh ground pepper. And it's smelling it, not snorting it. :)

Thank you for contacting this thread on behalf of your sister. You're a good man for doing this. She is being helped by cannabis. Advice is on it's way. Consider yourself fortunate to be doing this treatment in Washington state this year, instead of trying to do it 10 years ago.

The endocannabinoid system inside humans in a biological miracle - THC and CBD activate the endocannabanoid system to heal. Smiles, joy, and hope also activate the body to heal (but at lower levels.) Now is a good time to look on the bright side of life.

P.S. If your sister wears dentures or a mouth guard, drying the gums, and putting a partial dose on a spot on the gums under the dentures can help absorb THC in a way that bypasses the liver and bypasses the anxiety effects when THC is transformed by the liver. The dentures block most of the saliva from absorbing the oil, and the THC/CBD are absorbed into the lymph? system instead of being absorbed through the stomach. This is one form of 'tacking'. Tacking is likely to come up as a recommended treatment - so just a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom