Votes: 30 3.7%
  • House and Garden

Votes: 200 24.4%
  • Humbolt

Votes: 20 2.4%
  • Miscellaneous

Votes: 233 28.4%

• Total voters
Re: A poll to see what kind of nutes are prefered.

Sounds just like the guy at my local hydro shop.

Very opinionated and gets offended if you don't agree with all of his opinions.

Really good prices though, so I suffer through his lectures and nod at the appropriate times, then I just go ahead and get what I think is gonna work best, lol.

He hasn't given up trying to educate me yet, unfortunately.

lmao ss,

these guys don't have prices like the internet but i can buy in cash and walk out with it in my hand. big bonus. These guys know what they know, and some of it is good. i'm sure they talk to reps from time to time, and a lot of them prob grow. i know for sure at least one of mine does. but that makes me want to talk to them less. lol. i dont have the cover of anonymity I do on the net. and anything that comes down on them will never involve me. the hydro store a couple blocks from me was shut down about 3 years ago from a bust. dumb asses growing and selling from a hydro store. duh. i never shopped there.

yup this is true, in this turn i am lst'ing so stretch is cool, usually though, it seems wheelers would benefit a lot from something like bushmaster.

You hit the nail on the head.GREAT BUY!!

I have a question about Piranha and Tarantula, does anyone know about this?

My hydro guy told me not to use them. . . he said that if your grow area is not immaculate then the good guys can turn into bad guys and be a big problem. . . i'm not inclined to believe him because how do they change? mutation? doubtful. he got offended when i bought them anyways, lol, he was like "it's my job to know about nutrients and hydro, and if you don't trust my opinion. . . yada yada yada. i buy from different hydro stores, and the net, because they each carry slightly different stuff and i don't want to get to comfortable with these guys, so they all think i know nothing.

so anyways, the guy is a donkey IMO, so has anyone here had or heard of problems using these before?

i'll look around the net a bit too.

I hate guys like that. Thank god i know my hydro guy.Thats one of the main reasons why i quit going to alot of shops over the year. Its ok to voice your oppinion, but to force it on a customer is ethlicly wrong.

Sounds just like the guy at my local hydro shop.

Very opinionated and gets offended if you don't agree with all of his opinions.

Really good prices though, so I suffer through his lectures and nod at the appropriate times, then I just go ahead and get what I think is gonna work best, lol.

He hasn't given up trying to educate me yet, unfortunately.

F*ck that jack ass!!LMAO:thanks:

thanks bro, i hope so. i forgot overdrive too. i got that.

i was looking hard at the liquid light and penetrator, but they would have been another $50 or so which i didnt have on me.

I wanted to get bushmaster but they didn't have that either.

Yea m8 im running most of the Advanced line myself and have got imo great results, have ya got a journal on the go at the min Wheeleo, maybe could tag along and check out your results with the same line :peace:

I have used taranula and piranha with great results and am using it again in my 6th indoor grow. I recommend it, the girls LOVE it.

Yea m8 im running most of the Advanced line myself and have got imo great results, have ya got a journal on the go at the min Wheeleo, maybe could tag along and check out your results with the same line :peace:

thanks bro, i have used a bunch of different nutes before so i think i will be able to tell if these are doing sig better. I do have a journal going, and you can get in on it before i go to flower. . . still have a few weeks in veg. It is the last link in my sig or here is a link too:

attack of the holy shits

I have used taranula and piranha with great results and am using it again in my 6th indoor grow. I recommend it, the girls LOVE it.

glad to know it. . . i have heard nothing but good so far, except my donkey hydro guy. . . still just gonna ignore him and find out for myself. hope it goes well.

:thanks::ganjamon:

lmao ss,

these guys don't have prices like the internet but i can buy in cash and walk out with it in my hand. big bonus. These guys know what they know, and some of it is good. i'm sure they talk to reps from time to time, and a lot of them prob grow. i know for sure at least one of mine does. but that makes me want to talk to them less. lol. i dont have the cover of anonymity I do on the net. and anything that comes down on them will never involve me. the hydro store a couple blocks from me was shut down about 3 years ago from a bust. dumb asses growing and selling from a hydro store. duh. i never shopped there.

This hydro guy and shop I mentioned are the only game in town. I have other shops within a reasonable driving distance, but this dude's prices are even lower than ebay.

It's a really small shop with limited range of products, but he does have all the AN stuff, along with several other nute lines.

One of my other hobbies is cars, and I've made some mods to my car that make it extremely recognizable, so I usually park about two blocks away from his shop and walk there.

Didn't work so good when I bought a huge bag of hydroton and a 1.5 bag of soil, lol.

Selling pot from a hydro shop? all I can do is lmao at that one.

Hydroponics Ebb and Grow I use GH Flora Series with GH Kool Bloom

Soil I use Fox Farms Grow Big and Tiger Bloom.

Both methods I use Botanicare Cal-Mag plus as a supplement

McBudz, why do you need the Cal-Mag with Gh Flora?

I've used info from the following page that indicates that calcium and magnesium are sufficient from Flora Series nutes.

CannaStats - Nutrient Profiles for Cannabis

You have a lot of experience so I am interested in your decision.

Ive noticed that everyone keeps mentioning the nutes they use, but dont mention weather they are soil, or Hydro, and from what Ive read it makes a difference with the nutes doesnt it?

Damn, I hate being a retard with this stuff!!

McBudz, why do you need the Cal-Mag with Gh Flora?

I've used info from the following page that indicates that calcium and magnesium are sufficient from Flora Series nutes.

CannaStats - Nutrient Profiles for Cannabis

You have a lot of experience so I am interested in your decision.

I ran the GH 3 part series the 1st time out and was told to use Cal/Mag. However when we switched to FloraNova we did not ise cal/mag. The Floranova has it in there.

Well the GH Flora Micro comes in two flavors, regular and hard water. The hard water has a lowered Calcium level as the hard water already contains some Ca.

Micro has 5% Ca and the hard water version has 1%. This should be plenty of calcium.

Mg is supplied at 1.5% in GH Flora Bloom. If bloom is added at 15 mL/gal, then the PPM for Mg will be a little above the nutrient profile for Mg but still in a good range. I am using the nutrient profile set out in the CannaStats site.

Here is an excerpt from a problem solver thread here.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

"Mg can get locked out by having too much Calcium, Chlorine or ammonium in your soil/water."

So, there can be too much of a good thing and often times what appears to be a deficiency of a nutrient is really excess of another nutrient that is locking out the other.

I am no expert, but I feel that nutes often get pushed too hard in many grows.

Well the GH Flora Micro comes in two flavors, regular and hard water. The hard water has a lowered Calcium level as the hard water already contains some Ca.

Micro has 5% Ca and the hard water version has 1%. This should be plenty of calcium.

Mg is supplied at 1.5% in GH Flora Bloom. If bloom is added at 15 mL/gal, then the PPM for Mg will be a little above the nutrient profile for Mg but still in a good range. I am using the nutrient profile set out in the CannaStats site.

Here is an excerpt from a problem solver thread here.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

"Mg can get locked out by having too much Calcium, Chlorine or ammonium in your soil/water."

So, there can be too much of a good thing and often times what appears to be a deficiency of a nutrient is really excess of another nutrient that is locking out the other.

I am no expert, but I feel that nutes often get pushed too hard in many grows.

I think most of us push our plants too hard including myself.

Was going fox farms all the way, just picked up some A.N. and guanos, their on its way. I'll note a full list of nutrients later. I want to try a mixture of 2 or three full lines of nutrients, additives, and guanos at a time. I just want to see what the different types of nutrients introduced over and over again throughout a single grow will do to the ladies.

Hydroponics Ebb and Grow I use GH Flora Series with GH Kool Bloom

Soil I use Fox Farms Grow Big and Tiger Bloom.

Both methods I use Botanicare Cal-Mag plus as a supplement

CAL MAG is 2-0-0. would you only use it during veg?

CAL MAG is 2-0-0. would you only use it during veg?

I am pretty new to this but using cal mag with RO water at about 200 PPM(1tsp/gallon) between feedings has helped me keep deficiencies away while flowering in FFOF and using full line of Fox Farms nutes. Had a few magnesium deficiencies and ever since I make it a rule for myself to never feed it RO water by itself. Been using it for a few months and it hasn't failed me yet.

gotcha. i run FFOF and all FF nutes also. but i use tap water. i used to use distilled, but lost my job, and can no longer afford to keep buying gallons and gallons of distilled water.

Back
Top Bottom