A question about scrog

WhiteBeard420

420 Member
Hey everyone,

So I was reading that White Window is a ideal strain for scroging. I'm a newbie grower and never scrogged so I was looking for advice. I have a few pictures of the gals also. There all roughly 14-17 inches from the pot right now and in 5 gal pots. So my question is do I just place the trellis net above the gals now and lets them grow into it and slowly bend them towards each opening? Most videos I watched didn't have one top node like mine and there girls were more spread out and even ?

two 1000 led lights
5x5x7 tent
RO water with calmag/florseries nuts
6.5 ph
6inch carbon filter
all 5 are white widow
60% humidity

Attachments

• 20190208_181508.jpg
    20190208_181508.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190208_181516.jpg
    20190208_181516.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190208_181522.jpg
    20190208_181522.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190208_181537.jpg
    20190208_181537.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 32
The plants is question have gone through plant training. That is why they have more than one top. Do searches for Plant Training, Topping, FIMing, Manifolding that is what was used to spread the growth out . I am new also and there are experts here that can go in to much greater detail.

Not sure about link policy yet so am not going to add links.

Just search those terms here and there are links to read ;)

Plant training is the preparation for scrog, Topping, FIMing, Manifolding are types of plant training and there are others also.

It is still possible to SCROG several vertical plants in the same room to good effect, even without all the topping and LST training... you will still get all the benefits of SCROG, you just won't likely fill up the screen.
Typically the SCROG screen is placed at around 10 inches above the soil and the plants are bent down to be under it. Your plants should easily be able to bend down to that height and then start growing sideways from there. With proper placement of your several plants under the screen, you should be able to map out where you want that plant spread under the screen without running into the others. Your first SCROG will be a mess anyway, and it is probably easier to start by using single cola plants your first time. If you are going to do this thing, do it now... get that screen in place and start training your plants to go sideways from now on. When you get the screen about 3/4 full with the ever expanding plants, flip to flower.

I would leave them to be and just let them grow as is they look good and im sure they would love to not have any stress giving to them i wouldnt try in fix something that doesnt look broke.
Your white widows are looking good.. be aware that they do have problems once in flower like cal-mag def and are not happy with temp changes. Atleast thats what iv experienced with mine.. but i did also have my wife take over on mine while i was off in out for surgery for 3 weeks but just let them be.. white widows dont really stretch that much during flowering like most strains i have grown indoors and out..

I would prep your scrog net an get it in there. If your careful you can LST them . Spread the bend across multiple nodes it you have to. Don't go too aggressive. If your afraid it might snap then stop.

Back
Top Bottom