Monster scrog

Helpaguyout

Can i add a scrog net now
Iv got 4 gals there monster cropped clones.
About 65cm tall
In biobizz allmix and potting soil/perlite
Using monkey nutriants

Can i just put a scrog over them pushing it down so the bud sites come through cheers

IMG_20210207_104901.jpg

It would seem a tad to late but if those lil branches are still flexible, I do not see why not.

It may be seen as pushing the boundaries but that is what we do as growers :green_heart:

If you're running different strains that may finish at different times you could try a net less scrog! Just run twine from a few anchor points on the pots to branches that need lowering and adjust in small increments not to snap any branches. Either way, keep a roll of stretchy tape (like electrical tape) close by. In the past few months i split several plants that had been topped while training branches! Working away on them i heard a soft cracking sound to find the trunk split down the middle
Not to fear, a little dab of clone gel on the wound and wrap it back together tight with the elec tape and a few weeks later good as new (if not better!)

All same strain
Its my second grow last 1 was straightforward clones same strain i ended up with loads of larf/popcorn hoping to eliminate that and increase

Yes that was my MO for a couple years. I would always put the screens on in early flowering. Just lower them down gently and try to break as few branches as possible. Looks like you have quite a few extra anyway. Pull the limbs through the screen and then go back later after a few days, and/or a couple weeks later and trim out all the undergrowth and extra stuff.

Or use something like tomato cages. A little bit easier and makes it easier to move the pots around. I made individual screens supported on stakes that I jammed in the pot.

I probably wouldn’t try to put one large screen over all the pots at once, myself. But nothing to say it couldn't be done.

Also, once you've got your canopy set and trained you'll have a feel for where the light is reaching and where it isn't. From there strip off all of the bud sites below the canopy where the light doesnt penetrate as well and that should help reduce the larfy buds greatly and let them focus on fatter top colas, etc. Each light set up varies from one grower to another. For me using quantum boards over a dense canopy i like to strip everything below 6" and assume some additional stretch as well

Small update
They had a feed yesterday
2day im going to sort the screen and try to fill it out abit im not happy with how the plants are under it
I defo should have cleaned up the lowers b4 putting in the screen lol

Plodding along
Now on day 24 bloom
wish i had removed mor od the folage b4 flipping. Left the scrog frame in to stop the walls sucking in so much
Tent is 1.2x1.2 so a full canopy

IMG_20210318_134015.jpg

IMG_20210318_134020.jpg

IMG_20210318_134041.jpg

IMG_20210318_134026.jpg

IMG_20210318_134113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom