I need help choosing soil to order today

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone!

This is the only choice of soils i can get my hands on and wont be delivered till thursday and iv already got 5 seeds with white tails so im a little pushed :cool:.

Hydrogarden VitaLink 50L Professional Enriched Soil
CANNA Terra Professional Plus Soil Mix Bag 50L
51IygltEa5L.jpg
Plant Magic Plus Soil
51D9Rn8sAWL.jpg
PLAGRON Bat Mix 10,25 or 50L Perlite Organic Soil Compost
51n-NcG9tsL.jpg
Terra Professional Soil Mix Bag 50L
41sU5XoRGBL.jpg
BioBizz 50L All-Mix Potting Soil
41BkX415jNL.jpg
BioBizz 50L Light-Mix Potting Soil Bag
Black Magic Potting Mix 20L Compost, Black, 20 L

Im wanting to grow organic, the past nearly 3 years iv grown in coco and still cant get the end product just how i want it so this way theres zero chemicals going in and i can chop when ever i feel need to without worrying about the flush, i will add Bio-Bizz Bloom towards the end but thats okay to add and chop the next day apparently.

I use Canna Pro plus and their nute range. It is like a Coco Ph range, but you water like soil. Very airy mix. My only bitch is I had fungus gnats on my last grow, which I'm pretty sure they came from the bag. I treated with nematodes before planting on this grow with no problems.

I use Canna Pro plus and their nute range. It is like a Coco Ph range, but you water like soil. Very airy mix. My only bitch is I had fungus gnats on my last grow, which I'm pretty sure they came from the bag. I treated with nematodes before planting on this grow with no problems.

Iv found with the last 1000L or so of coco all of my bags were full of knats, even my local hydro shop told me they were getting people come in the shop to return it, not good.

Im looking at the Bio-Bizz Light Mix at the moment which is apparently great for seedling/cuttings/small plants ect, any info or heard any from this?

Thanks for the reply too and @Jack420

I am a coco guy and wouldn't use anything but coco , it can be run organic or what ever you want , it contains natural root inoculants , very easy if you have a ph problem and bugs don't really enjoy being in it but you can still get them .You just have to water every day is the only draw back but I think it gives better results and less head aches than soil and is readily available .

Iv found with the last 1000L or so of coco all of my bags were full of knats, even my local hydro shop told me they were getting people come in the shop to return it, not good.

Im looking at the Bio-Bizz Light Mix at the moment which is apparently great for seedling/cuttings/small plants ect, any info or heard any from this?

Thanks for the reply too and @Jack420

Just on forums. I've not heard anything bad. A few enthusiastic users. I ended up with Canna through fatigue. So many decisions to make when you are starting. I don't regret it. It's all about adding nutrients to a very stable root freindly medium. I use their nutrients (not cheap) and cal/mag. PH runs from 5.8 - 6.2. I get sciarid fly killer off amazon. It's easy enough to use.

I think im going to try BioBizz line then at least i suppose i can review it and how it did, i know its like most things hydro costs a fortune, iv got a $130 bottle of plagron green sensation and iv only used at most 30mls, at least if i can keep it as organic as possible i can at least know that im going to have good light for penetration, bit of a win win i suppose.

Thats not to bad i suppose then, im going to try the Light mix for 70% of veg then transplant into the All mix, i will also be using the some of the Bio-Bizz Try Packs too, there cheap for how long they will last, so at least i can give people an honest review in case anyone wants to try them in the future, i will update my journal weekly :).

Ah see thats what i dont really have, its like the nutrients side, i can commit to the basic water plus a seaweed and molasses mix but no time to make up teas ect, but having said that lets see how they turn out and if i am only feeding once every 3-5 days i see no reason to add a few bits and pieces :).

When I use coco, I like to get the bricks.
That way I can bake them at 300 for 4 or 5 hours in the oven
if there were anything in there, i.e. eggs
they'll be dead when they come out of the oven
Consider me educated on that count. I was just gonna put it in the deep freezer for a couple weeks or until I am ready to use it. That said why is the OP letting this come down to the wire. Christmas is in 2 days yet I had my shopping done 45 days ago. Preparedness is key..... Just sayin.

Hey everyone when it's time to choose a soil I usually go with Fox Farm Organic potting and/or all the concentrates are amazing toos. both have earthworm castings, bat guano all the good stuff for a healthy prosperous grow. Like it was mentioned in some other comments all those listed there are good like the man said you made it this far you're at the the top.

Back
Top Bottom