About to start Monday, starting to think I don't know as much as I thought..help plz!

DaddyFatSax09

So the other day I decided to quit hesitating and just buy everything I could possibly need,but now that I got them I don't know how to use em lol..so here we go

1.I bought air pots,can I use them with promix? how much would I need to fill 10 five gallon air pots?

2. can I use bush doctors trio (sledgehammer,microbe brew and kangaroots) with promix? and a flush do you intentionally try and overwater it when you use flush or sledgehammer or just feed it regularly but with plain water or sledgehammer water?

3. Ph up/down...do I add that to the nutriant water to adjust or do I compensate it with Ph adjusted water and try and judge it? how do I check the Ph of promix? can I with litmus paper test?

4. I have a ppm meter...how do I use it and why should I look out for when I use it..do I put it in the promix or check the water /nutrient water?

5.how to tell if I watered promix enough, I want to use promix because I don't want any bugs indoor

6. how many 5 gallon air pots can I fit in a 5x5 tent..will this be good for autos? could I use the same buckets for photoplants

7. is it that hard to control the Ph and avoid lockouts? should I by foxfarm trio with tiger bloom or what not would it make it that much harder?

Re: About to start Monday, starting to think I don't know as much as I thought..help

1. one cubic foot of soil is slightly more then 10 trade gallons. 10 pots is 50 trade gallons so you would need about 5 cubic feet. I think promix comes in 3 cubic foot bags so youll need 2 bags and will have leftovers.

2. no idea on those nutes sorry.

3. You dont ph water when growing with soil. You PH the soil once in begining of grow and thats it. Use gypsum for ph down and dolomite lime for ph up. There are other substances that can be used to ph soil but those are what most of us use.

4. PPM is for hydro, I personally wouldnt bother with it. But if you really want to I would use only water when plants are babies, then 200 PPM or less when plants are todlers (maybe like 8-12 inches tall) then I would go about 400ppm until plant is a decent size then boost it up to 600 and when plant is super lush n nice shoot for 800ppm. If it ever burns tone the nutes down. But as I said in begining PPM is for hydro mostly lol.

5. water until it drains out the bottom.

6. you can fit 25 5 gallon pots or 16. either way is fine put them in 5 rows of 5 or 4 rows of 4. No idea what a photo plant is but yeah its fine for autos. Generally autos are small so I would go with 25 over 16 but its up to you.

7. as i said in (3) PH the soil one time in beginning and you never worry about it again.

It seems half of your knowledge was from hydro grows and half from soil. Some practices are the same either way, but others are not.

Good luck, feel free to ask more questions anytime here or in my journal.

Re: About to start Monday, starting to think I don't know as much as I thought..help

prolix would be almost hydro word on the street..I read promix would be soulless almost hydro....so I would Ph the runoff right? first run I might do the roots nice then after by some bloom nutrients....or is what I have is supplementry to just soil? it can't hurt

No idea were you read that but promix is soil its not a hydro medium. Its peat moss, perlite and some amendments. The soil I make is basically promix except i use compost too and there is none in promix. Peat moss is much more soil like then hydro, it holds moisture a lot.

You PH the soil, not the runoff. You need to ph the actual soil. Though tbh promix should naturally be in the right spot already.

As for the bush doc nutes, i really cant say. I never used them, don't know whats in them.

Another option with Pro Mix is to contact DocBud. He makes a custom nutrient amendment and feeding kit for Promix HP to get your plants into the high brix realm :)

Another option with Pro Mix is to contact DocBud. He makes a custom nutrient amendment and feeding kit for Promix HP to get your plants into the high brix realm :)

And that really is the easiest way for beginners an and its provem correct...like you can careless about Ph and all that

And that really is the easiest way for beginners an and its provem correct...like you can careless about Ph and all that

There are quite a few growers using it here at 420 mag and all so far have seemed to like it a lot. He made the kit to be simple so you focus on your soil and not about blending all kinds of nutrients and things...with this kit there should be no need for PPm meters and PH meters, just mix like recommended and enjoy. It does involve foliar feeding to my understanding, but he seems to help all those that are using the kits.

Also we have a sponsor Blue Planet nutrients that also has a lot of user's here at 420 Mag and I have seen some amazing grows with it. They also offer great support to growers using their products :)

For your no bug issue, SNS one of our sponsors makes some phenominal products. I grow in soil and constantly had fungus gnat problems until I used SNS and I have not seen one pest at all... none :) there products are the diggity !!

Back
Top Bottom