Absolutely need a babysitter!

ChasonJason

420 Member
I have 5' x 20' roughly.... have no clue where to begin.. its 12in thick concrete walls... in basement stays cool from the rest of the house..

Attachments

• 20190319_224819.jpg
    20190319_224819.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 71
It's like a diamond in the rough-the possibilities are endless....

Nice space!

Wow super spot you have. Some major points of a room to keep them growing right are controlling temperature, relative humidity, light, and fresh moving air. Where to get the info for sizing the equipment is the magic you have to make appear. It's here. Do searches for the specific things you'd like to figure out and talk it up with folks like you. Lots of great people here. Good luck.

I need quality but affordable ventilation system info
Define your needs...do you care about smell? Is there any windows or opening to outside from the space? What are you annual outdoor temps (high and lows)?

It's a great space for many reasons, but the constant temps are huge. Once you get it dialed in life will be easy.

Its southwest Missouri... so temps are average... the room is a solid 12in thick walls and ceiling.... surrounded by dirt.. it is a storm cellar.. so it stays below 60°.. I can run ventilation on and out.... to vent it through it will take roughly 20 feet of duct... I think I've come to a number on that as well.. I think 750cfm should be good.... I have a open budget.. to an extent... wanting this set up to last for long time..

Are you planning on using a large tent in there,or just using the whole room or
a portion of it for your grow?

Hyperfans are my go to recommendation every time. Incredibly strong and efficient.
Air requirements are different if your air cooling or mechanically cooling everything. Youll likely run into heat issues in the summer.
What will you be running for lighting? 800sqft with 4000watts of hid and ballasts and a 70pint dehumidifier your around 34000btus or 3 tons of air-conditioning.

Is there a floor sump in there? What are you planning to do with drain water? Is there a water source close by? Are you going to run hydro or in containers?

You have a nice blank slate. Lots of ways to go about it.

Youll likely run into heat issues in the summer.
It is effectively a root cellar and will stay under 70F even in the hottest summer days...the ground will cool it. I have similar and it works. :)

If you have 2 opening to the surface you can do an intake and vent and that will move the air. Did you foresee 20 feet of ducting to reach the surface? How deep is this thing?

Ok... so I'm trying to talk my gf into letting me use our bedroom... it has 2 windows and is 18x15x8.... I'm thinking I need more room...

It is effectively a root cellar and will stay under 70F even in the hottest summer days...the ground will cool it. I have similar and it works. :)

If you have 2 opening to the surface you can do an intake and vent and that will move the air. Did you foresee 20 feet of ducting to reach the surface? How deep is this thing?

I run in a finished basement further north than he is. I run into heat issues in July. Here's in a big cement box underground. I don't think those walls will absorb and release that heat quickly enough to be effective. Much less dealing with the moisture from the plants.

If it's just a couple small lights maybe.

I did the numbers for poured foundation walls real quick but I only have u factors for 80lbs/sqft cement @6in thick. It says the walls will transfer 39000 btu/hr @80°f inside 55°f ground temp. So blew Hiller is on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom