ACA Health insurance drug test?

feline

420 Member
Hey all,
I'm applying for health insurance thru ACA. I didn't even think about the fact that they may test for cannabis use. Nobody has told me they would so maybe I'm just being paranoid now. I live in a state that doesn't even allow it for medical use and should have thought of it in advance but here I am now, kind of freaking out. Has anyone here been tested for cannabis use when applying for a new health insurance plan?
TIA

Hey all,
I'm applying for health insurance thru ACA. I didn't even think about the fact that they may test for cannabis use. Nobody has told me they would so maybe I'm just being paranoid now. I live in a state that doesn't even allow it for medical use and should have thought of it in advance but here I am now, kind of freaking out. Has anyone here been tested for cannabis use when applying for a new health insurance plan?
TIA

the aca itself does not. you may have a supplemental or employer only plan which could.

although a bit different, the law is similar up here. there are still entire industries and employers that require a drug test, and stipulate the results must be negative for cannabis as well as many other substances.

we still have random testing in many workplaces here. it's not so much a healthcare issue, it is intended to be more safety related, it just gets linked to the healthcare program in many places.

the aca itself does not. you may have a supplemental or employer only plan which could.

although a bit different, the law is similar up here. there are still entire industries and employers that require a drug test, and stipulate the results must be negative for cannabis as well as many other substances.

we still have random testing in many workplaces here. it's not so much a healthcare issue, it is intended to be more safety related, it just gets linked to the healthcare program in many places.
Thanks. I knew the ACA does not but was wondering if the health insurance companies that are providing the plans would do that or if anyone has experienced being tested when applying thru the ACA by the providers of those plans. I tried googling the question and only got 2 hits, 1 being a no and the other being a yes. Hahaha, maybe I should just do a coin toss and take my chances. I need the insurance but there's no way to pass a test this close to the finish line. Oops, I should have thought about that over a month ago since I knew back then I was going to be applying.

Back
Top Bottom