Accidental pollination 2 weeks left in flower - Bodhi Blue Moonshine

GonnaGrow

So I a week or two ago I went to harvest Bodhi's Apollo 11 & noticed a few nanners. No big deal I thought. My Bodhi's '97 Blue Moonshine was two week's behind it and one of the nicest plants in the room. The Apollo 11 has this foxtail looking pheno and looks very unique (seen here)

IMG_20150814_155604.jpg

Now the Blue Moonshine or "BMS" didn't have the same look, but over the past two weeks it has been making a transformation in looks and now looks incredibly like the apollo 11. Am I trippin?, or did it get pollinated and now its a hermi? There's some tiny green specs that appeared in the last week along with some nanners. I suspect the specks are seeds starting to develope. I've already quarantined the plant, and put it in a room by itself, with its own 400w hps. Here's where I need your advice. Since there's only two weeks left in its flower period should I let it go?, or should I chop it now and make some dab's? The nugs are nice and firm, super dank smell, but there's still a lot of clear trichomes. If I let it go 2 more weeks and the seeds a matured would they be Apollo 11 x '97 Blue Moonshine? Here's some pics, Ill be here awaiting your wisdom.

NANNER'S
Screenshot_2015-08-15-00-52-49.png

SPECK'S
Screenshot_2015-08-15-00-50-11.png
Screenshot_2015-08-15-00-50-06.png

2 cents...
My screen sucks- so I don't see the green specks. I do see a nanner or two.

Seeds don't start out as little green specks they grow inside the calyxes. The calyxes may look swollen. The seed inside starts very small (duh) and in mid stage is a small whitish lump that is extremely soft and easily turned to mush. After a few weeks the seeds start poking out through the end of the calyxes a bit. It takes about 5 weeks before they are viable seeds for growing.

Let's assume it got pollinated and carry on blathering the rest of the two cents...

or did it get pollinated and now its a hermi?
Getting pollinated doesn't turn a plant hermie- if that's what you were implying. But the presence of nanners is considered a hermie trait- because nanners pollinate the female plant- a job usually reserved for males. But hermaphrodite means - without looking up the definition - that something has both make and female characteristics. In this case there are no male characteristics.
I suppose you could call it a hermie. People do. There a lot of variety in how people use these terms. A female will often pop out a few nanners late in flowering. It's trying desperately to reproduce. Stress on the plant makes nanners more likely.

If the plant was pollinated by the Appollo then it will be half and half genetics. If it was pollinated by it's own nanners well, obviously it will be - itself still. Hard to know where the seeds are coming from, if both plants have nanners. It might have seeds from both types of pollination going on.

I think in either case the seeds will be female- because there is no male genetics present. But there's a good chance the plants they grow they will be prone to nanners as well.
That's assuming you let the plant grow the seeds to term.

. Since there's only two weeks left in its flower period should I let it go?,

That's a hard one. Seeds themselves don't really hurt the quality. They can take up a lot of room. The calyxes which aren't pollinated should be exactly as potent as otherwise.
I would keep a very close eye on it and try to gauge what happens over the next week or so. If the plant is getting more sticky, etc- then I'd leave it- but if it's drying up and turning it's efforts into something other than resinous bud production-I suppose chop it if it's obviously losing potency and turning a corner in it's growth mission.
I've smoked lots of incredible herb - the best I've ever had- that was chock full of seeds. It's the norm to have some seeds in many parts of the world.

2 cents...
My screen sucks- so I don't see the green specks. I do see a nanner or two..

God Im so confused i found two plants with a few single nanners. both less ta han two weeks left in flower. a third pictured below less than a week left no nanners and a fourth that finishes is a few days no nanners. all four, are dense especially the third, but all calxys' have little seeds. Self pollination?
Sorry for all the sloppiness, I'm so tired.
IMG_20150816_055224.jpg

I like the fox tails. :thumb: I would just keep picking those nanners off up until a couple days from harvest. I woudn't worry too much. Any seeds that start won't have time to finish before you harvest.

Back
Top Bottom