Adding cannabis to my coffee

Canachris

Would adding some ground up weed into my coffee grounds do anything ? ... other than making my coffee taste different. The pic is my coffee brewing setup I wouldn't use a rolled joint I'd just put a gram or 2 into it.

20230107_055032.jpg

Would adding some ground up weed into my coffee grounds do anything ?
I am not into edibles but I have the feeling that something is missing.

The weed would have to be decarbed and the temperature of the boiling water poured over the grounds is hot enough but there is not a long enough time for the decarb process to take place. So, probably best to decarb the weed the traditional way of putting it into a warm (approx 200 degree F) oven for 20 to 60 minutes.

Then there is the dissolving of the THC which does not take place with water. It will take an oil and the level of natural oils in coffee grounds is not enough. Plus, the time needed is more than the several minutes that it takes to "make coffee".

You might be better off making a coffee flavor infused 'edible brownie' or doughnut and having that to start off the day or to have as an after dinner treat. Plus those might taste better than the cup of coffee.

Or make cannabutter. Then use that to make a butter frosting (chocolate & coffee flavored, of course) to put on the brownies or donuts.

I have just started experimenting with ingesting decarb weed rather than smoking it. Although I have not tried adding it to coffee would suggest adding an 1/8 or 1/4 tsp of the decarbed weed the to your coffee cup after it is brewed and make sure to drink the grounds when you are done. Eating it takes longer to kick in and would think the same what happened with adding it to your morning coffee.

Ground enough bud to fill a small baby jar and put it in the oven for an hour at 240 degrees Fahrenheit and seems quite powerful when I put some on a cracker with peanut butter and can hardly taste it.

Once I have decarbed my weed I grind it, mortor and pestle, into dust. I tried to extract by using frozen dust and 40% alcohol - Sambuca. The dust looked so clean when I strained it that I kept it after drying in a jar.
One teaspoon of that dust in my chili at lunch gives me a real nice buzz that lasts until after supper. I will try some of it in my coffee. The tinture does not seem to be nearly as strong as the dust so I'm guessing that the alcohol didn't strip the triches.
OK - 3/4 teaspoon right into my coffee mug!!! I'll keep you posted!!! :ciao:

ditto should be decarbed first. trichs are sticky like glue and not water soluble, it takes a solvent like iso, grain alcohol, heat or steam to wash trichs

lot easier to add THC oil to your cup

Yup I’m contradicting my statement above….. but Trait Biosciences has patent for water soluble cannabinoids at (traitbio) of course lose clam shells ( ) and add the dot com

Thanks to all those great ideas, my problem is I'm lazy and all that seem like a lot of work... I was hoping I could just put a bit in with the coffee and the oils from the coffee and the boiling water would do the trick. it's much easier to just smoke the joint and drink my coffee. I'm not all that Into eating weed anyhoo , it's a different buzz an I've only did it once without smoking before the edible took effect. Not sure I liked it

Adding the Sambuca Dust to my coffee gave me a decent lttle buzz but nothing near what putting it in food does.
I think I will try the actual tincture next time.
I'm wondering if putting the dust in the coffee maker would have a different effect?? If the alcohol didn't wash off the trichs I don't think the hot water will. :hmmmm:

From what I know about edibles (and from personal experience), adding bud to your coffee grinds or any type of food without decarboxylation you will get some of the effects (...like it will get you calm and relaxed but not high...)... but no psychoactive effects tho.

Back
Top Bottom