Adding supplemently led lighting

Kush Killer

high all, so im thinking of adding some led supplementle lighting. currently have a a 400w mh and 400watt hps in my 4ft widex2ft deep 6 ft tall tent.. but not sure how much would be enough... was thinking 2 x120watt ufo's 1 on each side of the main light... they would id imagine hang considerably lower tho... or maybe i should scratch the leds and add cfls on power strips in each corner of the tent...???

I have a very similar setup, running one 400w MH and a 600wHPS in a 2x4 tent and the lighting is probably more than enough...my last harvest was very large for 6 plants and all of my nugs were really dense...

what you have for that tent should be enough....

I was planning to run the mh for veg then the hps for bloom.... or you hink I should run both at sam tim through full grow process?

For Veg you could get away with just the MH, but would probably run both for at least some of the day.... I have mine set for veg so the MH fires in the morning, the HPS comes on about mid day....they both are lit for a majority of the day, and then the MH goes out leaving the HPS by itself for a few hours...

For flowering I would run both on for 12 hours/ off 12 hours...flowering is really where the most light is needed for dense buds...

I have found that LEDs really allow for the buds to get just stupid dense. My bubblegum last time was phenomenal under some LEDs! I went with Blackstar for my grow and I would indeed recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom