supplementing led lights

bioman

hello 420 folk, recently started a new scrog and i need some advice.
I have a pair of area 51 SG-160's in a 5' x 2' 6" area that I have now used for 2 complete grows. I have an rdwc system. though acceptable, i have not had the results with led that I attained regularly with cmh.
veg is a breeze and healthy. flowering... the best way i can describe my take on flowering with led is though healthy, kind of lacks enthusiasm!
there may be any number of reasons for this outcome including user error... one possible reason I will suggest, is the need for supplemental lighting. i am thinking, maybe a light between the two led panels and one at each end might be helpful.
I'd appreciate some suggestions on what would be a useful addition to help things along light wise, especially during flowering.
my regards

I cannot recall the spec of that model. The company doesn't sell them anymore, and probably for the same reason that you are posting. I'm guessing that there simply isn't enough power for the area you are trying to cover. If you could post the detail it would help.

hey bomber, surprisingly it is quite difficult to find much info on the 160's. my take on my problem was insufficient power provided too. i was advised these lights fit the parameters for this size grow area. I'm pretty sure it's not my growing methods which are pretty closely maintained at optimum.

here is what I found:
2013 SGS-160
Umol'/s @ 12" center:
400-500nm 217 Umol'/s
500-600nm 413.5 Umol'/s
600-700nm 533.5 Umol'/s
700-800nm 19 Umol'/s
400-800nm 1183 Umol'/s
Wattage: 155w at the plug
Lenses: 80°

I did have some contact with the lads at a51 to discuss this but ran into a bit of product defensiveness and borderline rudeness so i didn't bother again.

thanks for your input.
regards bio

I always use side lights. Help fill scrog and helps side and bottom growth.
20140312_001013.jpg

I always use side lights. Help fill scrog and helps side and bottom growth.
20140312_001013.jpg

thanks for your input finest. it seems odd to me now but I'd never considered side lighting. yet another option.
I am interested in the wire in your scrog! what is the distance of each square and for what reason do you use it that size?
I use 3" wire netting and find it difficult sometimes with big hands and fingers. that looks a whole lot more accessible.
my regards

I am interested in the wire in your scrog! what is the distance of each square and for what reason do you use it that size?
I use 3" wire netting and find it difficult sometimes with big hands and fingers. that looks a whole lot more accessible.
my regards[/QUOTE]

7"x7"sq on net for that reason alone. I am not a fan of nets smaller then 5"x5"sq. It is not fun to get hands and big tops tucking under and over. Now what I like to do is build a double scrog. bottom net 7"x7" and top 5"x5". Bottom net for spreading plant out and top supports buds

Thanks for that finest... I reckon I'll give the wider squares a try out.

Back to the LEDs... After a bit of research I came across the Mars ll 400 watt from topled Mars II 400w
It certainly has a good price point and I gather topled products have gained some recognition as decent LEDs.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's had experience with this light?

any other suggestions are welcome.

My regards

Back
Top Bottom