Advice on cloning.250w mh.EC sour d,sour tsunami,pineapple express.Clonexgel/solution

norcalgrown

Hey guys. :welcome:

So.. I'm doing some cloning.

got a neat little 250w mh off of craigslist talked the guy down from 145 to 80$ so i had to get it.

so clones... east coast sour d. sour tsunami. power vision. pineapple express cuttings.hopefully clones soon.

first night was a little rough cause i did the clones elsewhere where my moms were and transported clones to my living area for proper care and adequate attention.

so.. i went with clonex gel/solution. i spaced on soaking the cuttings with a mixed solution before gel and inserting in medium but i used water. Reverse Osmosis water.(i believe thats what its called.)
Instead of the 45 degree angle i scraped the bottom 3/4 of an inch to underlying plant matter and followed with a 45ish degree angle like usual.. I feel like the
45 degree angle alone doesnt lead the plant to be sturdy enough through its life so taking some off the sides makes your root knot spread from an inch mass on the bottom of your plant whereas the 45 degree angle leads your roots down and to the sides to form its root ball else where. it also makes me feel it allows for bigger healthier plants similar to a seeds root base. so with that said, their in a new type of medium i haven't used before looks maybe like some kind of fiber material squares elongated maybe a 100 in a tray or something(i didnt buy them and forgot to ask....or was too medicated to remember) :blunt: less then 1x1 inch on top and then they cone down i dont know if i like them compared to grodan cubes. it seemed to me clones can get sick very easy using grodan cubes especially if your kinda new and getting used to it(ppl seem to keep grodan labeling on the cubes and it collects bacteria). ive had a total successful 140 clones rooted in my career so far.this medium looks like they dry out really easy if not maintained right depending on your light source my 250w mh seems to dry it out quick if im gonna maintain 90% humidity till i see roots i have to spray the dome 4-5 times a day. ok so i did most of them got tired transported the ones i had left in a cup of water took my supplies/tools to place of residence (like i said so i can give them the attention they need.) but this is ok cause i dont have a propogation heating mat and my little metal halide keeps the room cozy for them. ill take the hood off of them once a day till they root maybe 15 min or two tens. dk yet. so this is day 2. the night i transported them i got home and my spray bottle was broke so they didnt get adequate spraying till the next afternoon when i could attain one. but i splashed water on them and the dome. plus the medium was just soaked in clonex solution. so i figured they were ok. but i second guessed myself and flicked more water at them. got a NEW SOFT sponge got it wet with spring water and dabbed the leaves to prevent drying out before they had a chance but noon the next day i had a water bottle. so im going to water cuttings with clonex solution till im ready every time. the foliar spray instructions say every 2nd day.(please help me on this im very intelligent this set of words used this way boggles my brain though. so i spray one day with water next day with foliar clonex solution next day spray with water next day spray with solution and so forth??) so thats the jist of it all. lights 2ft from tray. in a room with some blue dragon seedlings tray is off to the side catching decent amount of light.

I would love suggestions. opinions. ideas. and thank you very much for all 3 in advance.:allgood: and i think i got like 40 of these lil girls.none rooted. day 2 1/2 lemme know what your spray/water cycle is like with this solution& gel plz.ive never used it. Big fan of clonex though. jar says seedling nutrient also... can i feed this to my blue dragons to encourage root growth in my seedlings in soil? their a week old. would the solution work well.

:Namaste::420::thanks::Namaste::love::peace::thanks::peace:

Re: advice on cloning.250w mh.EC sour d,sour tsunami,pineapple express.Clonexgel/solu

Day 3. everything looks awesome possum.
seedlings taking off with the clonex solution i fed them.
cuttings looking awesome and healthy not too much new growth.
pulled outta shock from cutting today really.stretching towards light and such.
not even checking for roots cause i know better. dont got a temp guage so i couldnt tell you what my room is. feels 72-75 100 views and no reply does this mean you think im doing ok? and again thanks for the advice in advance if you leave some. hope your adventures went well today.

Nor*caL

Re: advice on cloning.250w mh.EC sour d,sour tsunami,pineapple express.Clonexgel/solu

where did you get the sour tsunami? I been looking everywhere for that.

I use root riot cubes, They are square. And the tray has troughs so just adding some to the troughs and not over watering is ez.

I'm about to take 8-10 more cuttings in a few mins. I cut at 45, scrape as you do, dip in gel and stir, stick it in the cube. I use straight ro water until I move them to transplant. I use a dome and spray the underside of the dome numerous times per day for humidity. I also cut the fans about 50% back . Foliar spray ro water twice a day. I may use a super light amount of B52 in the foliar bottle but I'm not convinced it's needed.

They dont need a ton of light.

Generally speaking very little if any nutes at all until I transplant. Then a 50% schedule for the 1st week.

Sounds like you will be fine.

where did you get the sour tsunami? I been looking everywhere for that.
i found it at a favorite collective in sac,ca. pretty strain.much like pineapple express and sour diesel looking. have not smoked the herb yet. very excited.i got first generation genetics as well. interested to see how well it roots.

I use root riot cubes, They are square. And the tray has troughs so just adding some to the troughs and not over watering is ez.

I'm about to take 8-10 more cuttings in a few mins. I cut at 45, scrape as you do, dip in gel and stir, stick it in the cube. I use straight ro water until I move them to transplant. I use a dome and spray the underside of the dome numerous times per day for humidity. I also cut the fans about 50% back . Foliar spray ro water twice a day. I may use a super light amount of B52 in the foliar bottle but I'm not convinced it's needed.

They dont need a ton of light.

Generally speaking very little if any nutes at all until I transplant. Then a 50% schedule for the 1st week.

Sounds like you will be fine.

sounds like your doing pretty good yourself. so beginning day 5 shit looks awesome. older leaves yellowing i assume normal for cutting to eat its own vegetation to produce roots. ive removed two cuttings that looked sickly to prevent spreading. also forgot to mention half these were taken off plants a week into flower. didnt really mean to but thats how it happened.(i know some strains are ok cloning like that others not so much.) might go towards pics soon :) got some on phone.ill see if i can upload.thanks guys.you like the root riot yo? idk what im using sure its a form of rockwool or something.like i said didnt buy the cubes.their not like grodan cubes, theirs a bunch of them like a 100 in a tray and their not wrapped like grodan their square and long and in a plastic little square with the cube. thank you guys very much :)

Day 5 :) i didnt realize these cubes were shaped funny and i didnt pull the cubes out to stick cuttings in i stuck them in the tray... thank god i checked them i had like 10 with the bottom 1/2inch i scraped and cut to an angle sticking out the side from lack of attention so i just pulled them back out a little and re-angled them to appropriate positions in the cube so i had the angles in the medium. im keeping a 1/4 inch of solution in tray to kinda wick into the cubes. especially cause my tray dries so fast. so its day 5 i was looking at root nubs on about 10 of these at end of day 4 :high-five: last night so it seems on average im 3 days to 2 weeks ahead of the rest of the growing crew. buddy did some same night with cfl's same gel/solution and half of his died already rest look sick.haha think attention and good thoughts and love is half the trick to growing herbs... rest is just common sense. yay!!! looking forward to this whole tray going soon another couple days.
took pics of my little setup right now.try n post them later thnks for all the views guys

:Namaste:

day 8 i believe :)

everything looks awesome nothing else sick or dying.
50% of everything with roots showing through medium/coming out of base
of cutting. so like 20ish showing roots out of like 45 clones in tray.
and its exciting me.another day or three i can put a couple in 2litre grow bags and they will be added to my seedlings in their area under my 250w mh seeing as theres room for like another 6 if i do it right. then ill wait for the rest to root and theyll go to the shop :) how exciting. it seems like the ones off the flowering plants did the best.
especially the bigger cuttings. well hope you all enjoy reading and hope maybe i help someone with their cloning experience. still working on pics. digi camera is a p.o.s. so ill let you know and keep updating my page :)

wow, 3 days after cuttings and mine all look like shit. dont know why, last time I had 100% success. Looks like I'll have to take new ones.

maybe i can help what light and watt you using?
medium?
prepare the mom?
brand of gel/solution you used?
strain?
humidity tray?
ez cloner?
how many mistings per day you do?
cut the cutting put in water shake around to get air bubbles off. cut an an angle under water put in gel 30sec?
used fresh gel nothing recycled?
clean equipment?
clean tray/cloning machine?
ph'd water? or ro water?

sry so many question you can just do so much wrong. thanks for the post on my thread :) :Namaste:

Nor*caL

Root riot cubes. Did not clean tray from previous cloning 60 days ago. Moms were fine. AK48, same pheno as previous 8 clones. Root tech gel-brand new. Normal root riot tray with plastic dome. mist as needed, they looked too wet so I havent in a day or more, other than they underside of the dome to increase humidity. Cut at angle above water like last time, scraped sides, did not shake under water, probably should have. RO water, ph'd iirc.

I had to fuck it up somehow, as all of them looked bad. I pulled them a few mins ago. I'll take new cuttings later. Trying to get my rdwc water flow right atm.

Thanks in advance though as it made me think of a couple things.

Root riot cubes. Did not clean tray from previous cloning 60 days ago. Moms were fine. AK48, same pheno as previous 8 clones. Root tech gel-brand new. Normal root riot tray with plastic dome. mist as needed, they looked too wet so I havent in a day or more, other than they underside of the dome to increase humidity. Cut at angle above water like last time, scraped sides, did not shake under water, probably should have. RO water, ph'd iirc.

I had to fuck it up somehow, as all of them looked bad. I pulled them a few mins ago. I'll take new cuttings later. Trying to get my rdwc water flow right atm.

Thanks in advance though as it made me think of a couple things.

ok make sure to use fresh gel every time cause when you dip it it activates.
i would sanitize trays/machines every time.
mist moms at the morning of your light cycle for a few days before cuttings this will ensure your branches store the energy needed till they root. what kinda light are you under? if the tray does not dry up be very careful overdoing it.sick clones quick.
every day i let my clones breath for 10 minutes twice a day and slowly increase these times.also some trays dont have the plastic swivel vent holes in the top their extremely useful.some people also soak their medium for 24 hours in a solution. i have weird tricks like take a bottle of spring water take soft branches off a willow tree and let the branches soak in the water over night theres something in the willow that encourages rooting in plants.i also leave a 1/4 inch solution at bottom of tray for constant water if find this makes water wick up the stem creating a root wall forming up the base of the cutting. but im under a warm 250w light so my conditions may be different. every other day i foliar spray with clonex solution. water the rest of the time. im leaving my hood off for up to an hour right now at day 8 with 22/48 clones showing root cell production either through the medium or the base of the plant i am already happy. also idk if this helps but i am constantly beaming them good wholesome loving energy with my mind especially when i talk to them.. i know this sounds nuts but hey i got 22/48 rooting for sure so i like to think it helps. its like the experiment where you take three cups of water curse and scream and be rude to one freeze it be nice sweet and nurturing to one and neutral to the other freeze them and look at the aggressive ice formations in the ugly one you talked down to compared to the other. i believe it does a world of difference with plants as well. also idk what day your in but it takes 3-5 usually just to show signs of recouperation. i wait a weak till i pull the undesirables before they spread disease. i hope i help sorry for rambling. i just got into typing must be this blue widow. wow that is a must try for a grow op. i love this blue widow

Nor*caL

all in all 45/50 rooted 3 were my fault.
just took another 50. cant make it to supply store today so i
put them in a cup of solution overnight in cups till i have cubes and gel =)
idk if theyll be ok but its too late for that. also curious if light why their in these cups will be an issue their at the end of my 250w's range so its not direct or too hot.
little humid in the room. also looking for more additions to moms..
any suggestions fellow viewers? i need something amazing indoor with good yields taste cbd rating and or thc rating :) flowering under 1600w of hps.
vegging under a 1000w mh. preferably indica dominant.

SECOND ROUND!!!!!

so i did everything the same -minus a few mistakes...
except i left them in a solution in a cup overnight before i cloned them.
(couldnt make it to store on time.) so same strains same setup same gel/ solution.
i was a little more thorough with my scraping/cutting this time.
more thorough with soaking and inserting the clones into the soaked cubes.
im doing an even 50...
sour tsunami
p express
power vision
nyc sour diesel
mango

im expecting 98% to root.

Nor*caL

tims_shit10.jpg
t39.jpg
tims_shit12.jpg

been 7 days...
showing roots at base of one or two big ones
:)

Nor*caL

Back
Top Bottom