(AERO) Clones- 7 Days. No roots. What is going on?

Looking good bro! I also use stinkbuds aero cloner. You should check out stinkbuddies.com there's a lot of useful information there.

riiight this is my EXACT set up but his caluclations are ALL WRONG. you need wayy more Tees & Elbows on the set up. plus you can get more sprayers and plantsites than he proposes. you DO need a vegging unit set up, the yields are night and day. Thanks tho. i didnt know he had his own website to get the plans. he even has VIDEOS! wish i had those while setting up, but hes right, you NEED 3 flowering units and each unit cost about $100-150 to make, NOT including the lights. I have 2-400w. one HPS, one MH. i definettly need another one or just 2-1000w lights for my 8x8 space. I know you can get some good veg outta 250w lights and those are pretty cheap in comparison on craigslist.

riiight this is my EXACT set up but his caluclations are ALL WRONG. you need wayy more Tees & Elbows on the set up. plus you can get more sprayers and plantsites than he proposes. you DO need a vegging unit set up, the yields are night and day. Thanks tho. i didnt know he had his own website to get the plans. he even has VIDEOS! wish i had those while setting up, but hes right, you NEED 3 flowering units and each unit cost about $100-150 to make, NOT including the lights. I have 2-400w. one HPS, one MH. i definettly need another one or just 2-1000w lights for my 8x8 space. I know you can get some good veg outta 250w lights and those are pretty cheap in comparison on craigslist.

Yeah I didn't use his plans exactly. I built my system so I can have two SB units in a 4x4 tent with 8 sites each. This way i can have a harvest every month. Im just in the process of finishing my setup I'll post picks when I'm done. I just have a 600W HPS for now and may add another when I'm able to run AC in the spring.

I have 2-400w. one HPS, one MH. i definettly need another one or just 2-1000w lights for my 8x8 space. I know you can get some good veg outta 250w lights and those are pretty cheap in comparison on craigslist.

For an 8x8 I would only use 2 600W. I use 2 400w in a single hood for a 4x4 space but will change a single 600W when I can afford it. For veg I only use a 3' 2 lamp T5. If you are looking at the forums over on SB you should check superstoner's journal and see what he pulls out of a 6x8 space using 2 600W.

Barron-are you done with your setup? Can't wait too see pics since I just did the same thing however I only have 6 sites each on mine as I have MMJ guidelines to stick to.

Heres some pics guys. My B 4 taking so long, posting pics is easier than i thought.
Heres my Veg Room. i have a table under the 400MH with 3 DWC totes that hold 7 clones each for 3-4wk VEG.
1217101812a.jpg
As you see the clones are labeled. These pictures makem look bigger than they are.
1217101810a.jpg
1217101813.jpg
SLH3 clone after 20 days.
1217101814.jpg
1217101812.jpg
Mothers stay in soil. (Never leave genetics to a pump failure)

I've used Clonex and didn't have good results. Switched to Vita Grow and saw a difference. And diffently time. Some sprout within aweek and some in 2 weeks. Just keep watching. They will root. Give them time.

I also use an aero cloner, But Ive had best results with nothing but straighttapwater, I get 98-100% every time. I used to have problems trying to use all the cloner crap out there, then said screw it and tried just tapwater, and havent looked back since.

Re: (AERO)Clones- 7 Days. No roots. What is going on?

I didnt read the article either but I can tell your super impatient when it comes to clowning. Trust me I was the same when I first started it out. Always checking for roots, and just over all messing with the cuttings and causing them to die.

You know what worked the best for me, better then all the bottles of magic and the worlds quickest method to cloning? Patients my friend.

Ive tried a lot of methods and what works for me is rapid rooters, pure h2o and patients.

Dont expect things before 10 days but 12-14 is kind of the norm. Sure I have had few root in 6-7 days but that is usually one of ten, so 10% of the time.

High times obviously wrote their article using their results that only happened 10% of the time.

I've seen dozens of aeroponic cloners and 7 days is just a unrealistic expectation, shoot for 10-12 and you will be fine.

Patients, patients, patients and then roots.

patience

Outdoor gardener who started messing with indoor a couple of years ago, started with DWC and changed to modified Stinkbud units. I use my version of the 2 tote Stink vegger setup for clones and veg (full setup for each). All I do for the clones is add some gold range zone and adjust tap water to 5.7 - 5.8 . Depending on strain it takes 7-14 days to root, most in the 10 day area. 1/4 strength nutes after a few roots start up.

You can build cloner, veg and 3 flower units pretty cheap and they work as well or better than what is out there to buy.

5 pumps - $150.00
4 totes(5 if you use a veg setup for clones) - $30 - $90 depending what size you want. I use 18 gallon for cloner / veg units and 37 gallon for flower units.
sprayers for all - $25.00
neoprene collars - $30 - $50 depending how many sites you have
2" net pots 100 for $7.00
pvc primer/ glue $15.00
pvc 1/2 " and 3/4" pipe $35.00
pvc parts (elbows, T's, ball valves etc..) $50.00
2" metal hole saw - $8.00
timer - $50-$80 I use a cap 1 on 4 off $60.00 timer.(for clones also 1on 4 off)

So, for $350 - $450.00 you have a cloner, veg unit and 3 flower units. and yes, if you grow 10 sites at a time in the flower rails at 3 weeks staggered you can get about a lb every 3 weeks once you get it dialed in. (version 2.2 is 10 sites, version 1 is 14 sites and a little to crowded)

From personal experience, do not get too baked whilst cutting up pvc parts and glueing together..... lol

After getting my act together it took a couple of hours to put ea unit together. You could build all 5 in 1 day if you have all of the parts in hand. The footprint of the cloner and veg units are about 2' x 1.5' ea and all 3 flower units together take up about 7'x7'. (that is with no room between units, either have ninja skills, I do not, or add another 2 feet to width of 3 units side by side so you can get between them)

I use an area about 10x 10 to get in and around flower units, I am old without the required ninja skills and need the extra room.

WillyB

* As stated by others above, if you go this route use plans as an idea only, they are missing parts and many improvements can be made. However, for those that like to DIY it does give you some killer ideas that are cheap and really work well.

Back
Top Bottom