Aero cloning - kickin my Butt

Red-Cricket

Hey all, Welll id thought id give an aero system a try. I built my own from this site using 5 gal bucket...10 holes...16(?) sprayers...275gph(?) pump. Running 24/7. Nice piece....just dont work..LOL Im using Straight tap water..not PHed...water temp about 72 deg. Room temp about 65 deg. System sprays good. Using a floor lamp about 30" above cuttings 45 watt bulb. Iv got 2 to root out of 20. Leafs seem to look good on top. The stems just turn soggy before rooting. I change the water about every 4 days. Thanks Red

Re: Aero cloning - kikin my Butt

most likely your hands were dirty and stem rot happened or the clones didnt touch the sides. here some pics of an areator bucket.
DSC0024111.JPG
DSC002427.JPG
DSC0024710.JPG
DSC002465.JPG
DSC0024412.JPG

that system should produce well!
You will be pleased if your get teh cloning gel! really promotes rooting. I notice roots at teh 12 day mark. when they are a few inches long , its into the net cups & packe Hytron pellets around just enought to stand them up. the minute the roots get noticed, a VERY weak nute could be put in... note VERY WEAK! Super Thrive is a decent choice.
lower your light about 15" closer. I use a 25 watt t5 light., only run sprayers 1/2 the time of what your now doing. they just need hi humidity... not constantly wetted.
there is not much desire for the plant to root if constantly wet.
use filtered water( I LOVE Reverse Omosis water). get a Ph meter & keep Ph around 6.
if your pump can be reduced in volume / power do so.
Luck,'
Slag

that system should produce well!
You will be pleased if your get teh cloning gel! really promotes rooting. I notice roots at teh 12 day mark. when they are a few inches long , its into the net cups & packe Hytron pellets around just enought to stand them up. the minute the roots get noticed, a VERY weak nute could be put in... note VERY WEAK! Super Thrive is a decent choice.
lower your light about 15" closer. I use a 25 watt t5 light., only run sprayers 1/2 the time of what your now doing. they just need hi humidity... not constantly wetted.
there is not much desire for the plant to root if constantly wet.
use filtered water( I LOVE Reverse Omosis water). get a Ph meter & keep Ph around 6.
if your pump can be reduced in volume / power do so.
Luck,'
Slag

I've built two aerocloners, used them extensively, and never lost a cut. I see some differences, and notice some procedural anomalies.....that I do differently. First, I don't use net cups, I cut the holes at 1-3/4" and the two inch collars fit perfectly. As long as all the sites are wet that part is fine. If the pH of the water is good that part's ok. I might add a teaspoon of hormex concentrate to ten gallons of water, but it's not required....it just reduces stress and may aid in rooting. My res water climbs to 85 degrees F, and I get the best results at that temp. I run my rooms at 75 degrees F. I use tap water, and at the moment the water I'm using is around 200ppm. I don't trip on rooting cuts with the aerocloners, I just take em with a pair of scissors, put em in, while the machine is running, and let em root. What you do need to do is to sterilize the aerocloner, before the first use and periodically. I do this with bleach, add a coupla tbsp/10 gal water and let it run for a while. I like to take my cuts from the lower branches that will never be productive. I promise they will root in ten to fourteen days. Like gairbud says; keep everything clean, wash your hands before you handle plant materials....especially if you smoke. Peace!

Thanks Mcloadie!
I will try the Hormex Concentrate.
I have "lost" 2 clone batches, out of 10. I suspect a temp issue, drawn in COLD air.
I bleach run & then Hydro-Peroxide run to sanitize prior to a batch.
could be I DID NOT hand wash in the days following the insertations.
I do not use net cups till after they come outa the DIY 24 hole AeroCloner. then into the DIY Aero rails.
Slag

Thanks Mcloadie!
I have "lost" 2 clone batches, out of 10. I suspect a temp issue, drawn in COLD air.
I do not use net cups till after they come outa the DIY 24 hole AeroCloner. then into the DIY Aero rails.
Slag

OK slag, I'm gonna tell you what my personal experiences have revealed to me; first off, I have a batch of cuts that have been in a new aerocloner I built....14 days today.....and they're not ready yet. I attribute this long period of rooting to low res temps. I have had my best luck cloning when the res water was 85 degrees f. I have used a technique this run that I've never used, but have heard of it. I went to the creek and harvested the young growing shoots of the willow, soaked them in water, and then put a turkey baster full of the resulting water in the res of the cloner....I will update if anyone is interested to see what happens....or how quickly it happens. The growing shoots of the willow are said to contain IBA, the main hormone in rooting compounds. In the past I have put a teaspoon of hormex concentrate in the res with great results......but I'm looking for all natural methods of inducing rooting, and growing in general. "organic", is a registered trademark owned by the fda......and is not a "description", but a trademark, and when we look at the substances that the fda is approving for production and consumption in our food base....it's obvious that we need a higher standard, one only to be assumed by the producers of the cannabis.............gmo's are killers, the govt. doesn't want you healthy, they want you to live longer, in a less than healthy state so the health care system can reap the benefits of our illnesses..........easy peasy, we are on our own and responsible for our own health...........

Thanks Mcloadie!
Slag

I wanna see these rails you speak of!

Willow has been said to promote root growth & many other health benifits. take a quart jar , put younger thin Willow branches cut to just fit stabding up. let soak in H2O a week or more. dump the wood & the fluids left are all needed.
to see the Rail system I shamelessly "borrowed" from search out DIY 39 pepper aeroponic rails. I have improved many items, especially the removable end caps of the tubes.
mostly H -depot hardware, so easy to locate. I used 800 gph submersible pumps , but mounted outside the the tank.

Hello all,
as a bit of an expermint"
I built a new manifold borrowing from plans on another site,
it is an 8 head aeromister with a 45 psi pump designed for the purpose. I use a very short on/off cycle.
I will also state: I have bought the 35% H2O2 & a few drops 2x a week has keep it all clean & white roots look like fishbones!
I really like it! proably the best looking roots yet. time was not any better.
the light fog does not splash or spray all over. I leave a hole open at each end & the mist drifts up & keeps up humidity in the dome .
Luck all,
Slag

I have used aero cloners extensively. I put an oz per gallon Clonex in the reservoir. I don't use any gel - I can't imagine why someone would use a gel or powder ... it washes off the first ten seconds of being sprayed. Ph it right (5.8 to 6.0), keep the temp right and they will sprout. Save your money for the gel. It's a waste. Or, just put a teaspoon of it in the reservoir. Or just flush a couple of bucks down the toilet - either way will get you roots in about two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom