Aeroponics: Questions, Answers, Information

How do you plan on keeping the water level up in the grow buckets without a reservoir to replenish what's used by the plants ?.. With the misters under the plant the roots will probably grow down and cover it.... No more mist when it's covered with roots...

Please check out my journal, and watch the short video of my RDWC. Do you think the return causes enough turbulence to take the air stones out of the rez? If I could free up two airlines instead of buying a new pump, I'd prefer that. But if buying a small pump to run the misters is necessary, than so be it. But it definitely looks like I'll be making this upgrade to my system before the babies get transferred... And I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the nutes "falling out of suspension"

I'm subbed to your journal but just watched the video. The water fall return looks excellent! I think it wouldn't be an issue. But you could always buy a small pump for the rez if needed. It doesn't take much to keep DO levels up but the Dewey needs to run on a commercial pump for flower.

Nutrients will settle out of the water and onto the bottom of your rez if there isn't enough movement.

How do you plan on keeping the water level up in the grow buckets without a reservoir to replenish what's used by the plants ?.. With the misters under the plant the roots will probably grow down and cover it.... No more mist when it's covered with roots...

So I'm a few weeks into flower. I keep adding more water as needed or rez change. It's like every few days it's needed that's why I want recirc! The roots will still get mist as these don't clog up and the bucket will be humid inside but again this goes back to Dewey is a hybrid aero and dwc. With a commercial air pump there is enough movement in the water to keep roots happy! My roots are thriving in the water and loving the mist up top. Even if only the middle is misted it's fine but we will see what happens by the time harvest comes around

Is there a particular lph that you want per bucket? I am just trying to figure out if the airpump that I have now will be strong enough for my 6 large zair stones and the 2 misters?

420-magazine-mobile1243543314.jpg

That's what I currently have. It's pushing 6 air stones, wanting to to push the misters as well.

Is there a particular lph that you want per bucket? I am just trying to figure out if the airpump that I have now will be strong enough for my 6 large zair stones and the 2 misters?

420-magazine-mobile1243543314.jpg

That's what I currently have. It's pushing 6 air stones, wanting to to push the misters as well.

That will work for two and maybe up to four deweys. If you want to go up to 6 misters I think they use the eco commercial 5. So you will be good to go! I'm not exactly sure how the air stones will affect air flow but you can put a valve on them to dial them down a bit!

As soon as mine went into the aero buckets they were under my big light. I set it at 30" and now im 11 days in and the lights are around 26" as of last night. Ill drop the lights another 2" tmro.

Shes growing fast as well, 2 misters crank things up into overdrive it seems.

She looks like she doubled in height almost. All the secondary branches shot out! Even the gsc seemed to get a lot bigger and her flower stretch isn't much. Two Deweys would definitely be the way to go. I have one and an airstone. I miss my cloning buckets though!! Can't wait to set up a proper Dewey sog.

LS congratulations! I can't wait for you to get your misterss too! I hope your as happy as pw and I are!

Whoot!! Glad I bought a couple of these misters. Ive been back and forth with grow system ideas, was even going to try rockwool/ebb n flo, but this system looks like the winner! Especially for my 1-2 plant tent...

Thanks, BF! Love all of the info thus far!

I just need a few more parts, and I'll be good to start. Dewies have been shipped. Whoot!

Hopefully by next weekend.

I'll germ 1 Auto NYC Deez, and 1 photo fem Cookies Kush mid week. I'll veg the CK until the NYC gets chopped. Really want to try the Flux technique for training experience/shits and giggles. Did I mention both sharing an 18x24x8 tote? :)

We'll see!

I think I have an idea how to get the exhaust/heat out of the closet. Crossing fingers..

Back
Top Bottom