Afgoo - First Time Seed Grow

I only mentioned all this because I was trying to save you guys the hassle of buying something inferior that won't do the job and ultimately will end up in a drawer or trash can somewhere. ;)

You talking about my cheap China Knockoff again.... :laughtwo:
Now I feel bad about my purchase, and haven't even received it yet.
I think I will go smoke now :lot-o-toke:

But seriously, I appreciate ya tryin to help a brutha out :ganjamon:

Debudman said:
You talking about my cheap China Knockoff again.... :laughtwo:
Now I feel bad about my purchase, and haven't even received it yet.
I think I will go smoke now :lot-o-toke:

But seriously, I appreciate ya tryin to help a brutha out :ganjamon:

LOL! :laughtwo:

I was referring more to the $40.00 pocket microscope you mentioned you would rather buy if you had the $$. ;)

As far as your Chinese knock-off... Maybe you'll get lucky and the one you bought will be distortion free and made of decent materials. There are rare exceptions to the "You get what you pay for" rule. :)

Heck! You only spent like 3 bucks on it right? I wouldn't loose any sleep over it if it sucks. :laughtwo:

At least you will know what it will take to get one that will actually get the job done! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Yeah I hear ya Double G.
Despite the small tiny size of the 10x Bosch & Lomb I was telling you about it was actually kind of kewl to finally be able to hold up a scope directly to the plant and see what is going on. That damn Radio Shack microscope sucked ass for that.

Anyway.. So how are your plants coming a long Aston?

so far so good!!! I have been looking over them all day long!!! it is still very humid outside!!! and that is now a cause for concern for me!!! its only at 49% outside right now!!! at 79 degrees!!! but all in all they are doing fine!!!

I trimmed the yellow leaves all off and now there are more starting to yellow already!!! I trimmed off 6 from A1 and 4 from A2

:peacetwo:

That sux that it rained over there...
It was like in the high 80's today and supposed to be in the 90s tomorrow here.
All I would do is read up on the best measures to take to prevent mildew on Cannabis at this point and ride it out. Google can be a beautiful thing... :)

Yeah I hear ya Double G.
Despite the small tiny size of the 10x Bosch & Lomb I was telling you about it was actually kind of kewl to finally be able to hold up a scope directly to the plant and see what is going on. That damn Radio Shack microscope sucked ass for that.

Yep! That was the point I was trying to make. Basically, Pocket Microscopes SUCK for proper trichome checking of Cannabis buds on the plant! This is why professional growers all use the Triplet 10x or something very similar in power and quality when out in the field. Don't know where the whole Pocket Microscope craze for 420 folks started, but it was a heck of a disservice to those who could have been directed to a far better solution for about the same price or less.

Astonr... If you run into any Powdery Mildew issues as a result of your humidity/rain issues, mix up a batch of skim milk and water (1 part milk to 9 parts water) and spray it on the effected leaves. Gentle enough to leave on the plant without washing off right away and kills the fungus dead on contact! :thumb:

Live and learn Double G...

Hey we will start having to call you Dr. Double G with all your remedies :)
I've never had to deal with Powdery Mildew (Knock on Wood) on my cannabis plants.
I have had some bad experiences with it on roses though. Also had some real nasty stuff on my lawn. I diagnosed it and confirmed it was called Pythium Blight.. I found nothing on the market would get rid of it. It was like a white fury mold that would grow and spread on my lawn. It spread fast and everywhere it spread to left a black nasty tar like substance with all lawn being dead. I finally convinced a local landscape supplier to sell me this stuff that was usually only sold to licensed horticulture people. Hell, it was so toxic you were supposed to wear a hazmat suite like Aston has to spray it on...hahah.... :laughtwo:
But anyway, my point is that mold can be a real bitch.

Live and learn Double G...

Hey we will start having to call you Dr. Double G with all your remedies :)
I've never had to deal with Powdery Mildew (Knock on Wood) on my cannabis plants.
I have had some bad experiences with it on roses though. Also had some real nasty stuff on my lawn. I diagnosed it and confirmed it was called Pythium Blight.. I found nothing on the market would get rid of it. It was like a white fury mold that would grow and spread on my lawn. It spread fast and everywhere it spread to left a black nasty tar like substance with all lawn being dead. I finally convinced a local landscape supplier to sell me this stuff that was usually only sold to licensed horticulture people. Hell, it was so toxic you were supposed to wear a hazmat suite like Aston has to spray it on...hahah.... :laughtwo:
But anyway, my point is that mold can be a real bitch.

LOL! :laughtwo:

Doctor G! I like that! ;)

WOW! Yeah...PM can be a real BITCH to control! Up here living with the Sierra National Forest as our backyard, there isn't a heck of a lot we can do to avoid the spores. Much of the native ground cover plays host to it, and the forest floor is the ideal growing conditions for it. Especially this time of year, when the sun angle begins to shift down, and humidity levels rise for longer periods of time.

Only thing an outdoor grower can do is manage it directly as it becomes a problem using non-toxic solutions like the Skim Milk and Water trick, which although not as fast acting as Baking Soda and Water, you don't risk the Sodium burn issues that can easily occurr if you don't get that solution off the leaves within a few minutes of the application.

Yep! That was the point I was trying to make. Basically, Pocket Microscopes SUCK for proper trichome checking of Cannabis buds on the plant! This is why professional growers all use the Triplet 10x or something very similar in power and quality when out in the field. Don't know where the whole Pocket Microscope craze for 420 folks started, but it was a heck of a disservice to those who could have been directed to a far better solution for about the same price or less.

Astonr... If you run into any Powdery Mildew issues as a result of your humidity/rain issues, mix up a batch of skim milk and water (1 part milk to 9 parts water) and spray it on the effected leaves. Gentle enough to leave on the plant without washing off right away and kills the fungus dead on contact! :thumb:

for sure GG!!! thanks for the heads up!!! will write that down in my book and keep that for any future references if I come up to that part in the road!!! hopefully there will be a proper detour signs up when I hit that fork in the road!!!

for sure GG!!! thanks for the heads up!!! will write that down in my book and keep that for any future references if I come up to that part in the road!!! hopefully there will be a proper detour signs up when I hit that fork in the road!!!

Yeah thanks Double G.
Now I would call you GG like Aston, but I think GG sounds like a girls name. haha <No offense Aston>.

In any case Yes, thanks a lot for taking the time to share your knowledge with us. :welldone:

I take note of all your suggestions. You never know when you may need them. I hope though, I never need the Powdery Mildew cure. I think the spider mites have given me enough problems. I am worried that they will get more out of hand to the point where I have to just scrap my grow. I am making every effort though to prevent that. They have seemed to have gotten worse after I dropped back to the 7 day Azamax spraying. Well I have also lightened the application as well by only hitting the undersides of the leaves lightly. I gave the plants another spraying yesterday. The mites aren't at a point where I see webs everywhere, but many of the leaves are starting to yellow and just look kind of lousy. One thing I noticed is my Sativa dominant strain, "Blue Dream" seems to have provided more of a resistance to them. I think I read somewhere that that is one of the positive characteristics of the Sativa strain.. Who knows, but she looks much less bitten on then the others. :) I have heard many peope getting mite infestation so bad they had to just pull and toss their plants.. That is what worries me the most.

Yeah thanks Double G.
Now I would call you GG like Aston, but I think GG sounds like a girls name. haha <No offense Aston>.

In any case Yes, thanks a lot for taking the time to share your knowledge with us. :welldone:

My friends call me "Goose"! :thumb:

I hear ya about the PM! Hope you never have to deal with it! If you do, the MIlk/Water method works well to get it off the surfaces of your plants. Once you see the outer signs, the fungus is already inside your plant and no way to get rid of it but destroying the plant. I have found that as long as you can keep the tendrils off the surfaces of the leaves, it won't get into the buds and your crop will be safe to smoke.

My friends call me "Goose"! :thumb:

I hear ya about the PM! Hope you never have to deal with it! If you do, the MIlk/Water method works well to get it off the surfaces of your plants. Once you see the outer signs, the fungus is already inside your plant and no way to get rid of it but destroying the plant. I have found that as long as you can keep the tendrils off the surfaces of the leaves, it won't get into the buds and your crop will be safe to smoke.

Ok Goose! it is.

Now I know you're a doctor using terms like "Tendrils." Haha :laughtwo:

hey I was wondering the same thing!!!

goose!?!?!?!? i dont know man!!! i feel like im back in kindergarten playing "Duck, Duck, Goose"

LOL GG it is!!! and if anybody says anything about it, its what I call my Gods Gift strain as well!!!

LOL

There I just added a like for ya.. Only 419 to go... haha... :nicethread:

again!!! you need to put down the pipe, bong, dubee, blunt, vape, hooka... whatever it is you might be smoking on or with!!!???!!!??? but I said I wanted to get up to 420 likes in the journal!!! LOL I already had 219 at the time that I had said that!!! so I only needed 201 more!!! you added another so that took it to 200 left!!! :thanks: very much!!! LOL

Capture4.PNG

See!!! in fact it still shows 219!!! LOL!!!

again!!! you need to put down the pipe, bong, dubee, blunt, vape, hooka... whatever it is you might be smoking on or with!!!???!!!??? but I said I wanted to get up to 420 likes in the journal!!! LOL I already had 219 at the time that I had said that!!! so I only needed 201 more!!! you added another so that took it to 200 left!!! :thanks: very much!!! LOL

Capture4.PNG

See!!! in fact it still shows 219!!! LOL!!!

You have to relax my brotha and pickup the pipe, bong, dubee, blunt, vape, hooka or whatever you use so you don't have to worry about tracking your likes my friend. There's far to much stress in this world, that is why many of us support 420. :roorrip: The motto here is "Be Happy, Don't Worry!" :yahoo:

Now this is what I see after picking up the pipe....

aston.jpg

oh you think your clever with the photo work huh?!?!? you forget I am taking classes for that now!!! LOL!!! and no worries, no stress here over that!!! its just something that I would like to see!!!

Back
Top Bottom