Afraid to water

Stoned for life

420 Member
My fellow growers I am growing in coco soil to be exact its called tupur...so here is my story I have 5 very beautiful banana kush plants growing they are 9wks old and very healthy..my first attempt at growing I failed not sure what happened but I watered them with regular PhD water at 6.0 to do a flush cause I was told every 4th watering flush what happened im not sure but the next morning both budding plants died they were yellow and no help brought them back..for my first time I got 3oz not bad but ever since then I am afraid to water my girls now I wait untill they droop before adding water my question is they are in 5 gallon bags how much water should they take?
20220316_130003.jpg
appreciate any help thanks

My fellow growers I am growing in coco soil to be exact its called tupur...so here is my story I have 5 very beautiful banana kush plants growing they are 9wks old and very healthy..my first attempt at growing I failed not sure what happened but I watered them with regular PhD water at 6.0 to do a flush cause I was told every 4th watering flush what happened im not sure but the next morning both budding plants died they were yellow and no help brought them back..for my first time I got 3oz not bad but ever since then I am afraid to water my girls now I wait untill they droop before adding water my question is they are in 5 gallon bags how much water should they take?
20220316_130003.jpg
Sorry I also use mills nutrients

20220316_130003.jpg
They should take enough water so that there is “plenty of runoff”. Try 1.5 gal in each one. That’s what my 5gal gro bags take. Mop up extra water for humidity control.

My take on coco is you are supposed to feed with nutrients multiple times per day with 20% run off each time. Never with plain water. Hard to tell in that lighting but they look healthy but very small for 9 weeks of veg...

My take on coco is you are supposed to feed with nutrients multiple times per day with 20% run off each time. Never with plain water. Hard to tell in that lighting but they look healthy but very small for 9 weeks of veg...
You can run it like soil too, letting it dry out between waterings, but all the growers of the biggest plants seem to water coco at least 2 times a day, treating it more like a passive hydro situation.

From all my research you cant over water coco. It should be kept constantly moist. Run off is super important. If you have to flush with no nutes just use calmag and get your pH down to 5.8. I used Mills on my last run and weighed in at over 20 ounces for my one plant of Txaki. Give them a nice forceful hand watered top flush once a week with decent run off. I had fuck all salt build up and a super healthy plant throught my entire grow. I didnt do this in previous grows and the plants suffered dearly

That being said I recently read an article about drying out coco between watering cycles.

DYOR. The girls are looking good to me.

They maybe overwatered. Try to give 1.5 gal in each of your 5 gallon bags.
Good morning @HYPHOTONFLUX welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Here is a link if you want to meet everyone and say hi.
BTW that's an old post and you may not get a reply.
Top left corner has the date.
Happy growing.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom