Watering questions

Yes I put the mr canucks grow style in the past. He just released a new video going over the same style of grow and boy does it look nice. All I know is mine weren’t looking so nice. I literally watched my plants go from nothing to something in a few days with the correct nutes and tools , and of course HELP from all of you!

I also don’t have the experience that a lot of you guys and gals have, so that kinda hurt me because I’m still learning what to look for.
Don't need much experience to grow great weed mate. Just gotta keep it simple. Too many people make things too complicated. It's a plant. Give it the basics and it'll thrive. You don't need a 15 bottle nute line up. I've been there and done it. It works but it's tricky and requires constant minor adjustments.
Now I'm being lazy and using 1 bottle for veg, 1 for bloom, a pk booster for the last few weeks and the occasional shot of calmag. That's it. 90% of the grow is 1 bottle per feed at quarter to half strength. Not even bothered ph'ing anything this run and while although it's a bad practice it's working just as well. Mainly because I'm keeping it simple so less can go wrong.

Barney I’ve heard the old saying KISS..( Keep it simple stupid ) Most of my buddies who grow don’t bother with ph or many nutes as well. It’s gonna be a learning curve to see what I will continue to use and what I’ll stop using. Live and learn!!
Mate I'm 3 years down the line and still experimenting to see what I like best. Change a few things with every grow. Some work some don't. We all have different set ups and conditions so what works for you won't work for the next guy. Trial and error though. It all falls into place eventually. As long as you get some decent smoke at the end it was a success.

Yes. I also went away from the dry amendments. Noticing a difference already. I am trying the advanced nutrients sensi grow coco nutes. Adding a small amt of calimagic each time as well.

I also read the cocoforcannabis book. Good read!! I would have done the same as you and went with GH he uses, but had already bought AN nutes.

Thanks for all the help from the pros on this forum!!!
20190327_074755.jpg
20190327_074741.jpg
20190327_074731.jpg

I am using canna coco also. From what I have been reading the canna is higher quality. I do not use the brick form of it.

It is washed and pre buffered BUT I dont think its precharged with cal/mag. I believe it just means its "cleaner" , salts have been washed out of the cation sites? I'm no expert but I did do a test on mine out of the bag a couple days ago to see how many ppm it contained. I found the test procedure on the canna website. The bag I have measured 80ppm. Anything over 300 needs to be washed according to them. They did a test on another brand of coco and it was over 300ppm.

I have found other comments from people using canna coco that said they find variances from bag to bag so I am going to check every bag I buy from now on. I wont be planting in it right out of the bag again. If the medium isn't right from the start you will have issues from what I'm seeing so far.

I have been having issues with cal/mag deficiencies. I am going to precharge with cal/mag solution from now on. You can find this procedure if you do a search online. Pretty simple and worth it if it helps to avoid what I have experienced so far.

JMHO. There are pros on here that can give you better info on this im sure. This is my first coco grow and it's been interesting

[QUOTE="MickFoster, post:

Did you pre-charge your coco before using it?

Could you please explain what that means. I will be buying Canna Coco. Says it's buffed and wash.
[/QUOTE]

JMHO but, I have been using Canna Coco for years and it is very good, but from using others coco for a few grows I will not use any coco without Charging it.
I flush with 3 X the size of the pot, let it sit a day then do at least 2 X again, then transplant into it or start seeds in it.

Could you please explain what that means. I will be buying Canna Coco. Says it's buffed and wash.

JMHO but, I have been using Canna Coco for years and it is very good, but from using others coco for a few grows I will not use any coco without Charging it.
I flush with 3 X the size of the pot, let it sit a day then do at least 2 X again, then transplant into it or start seeds in it.
[/QUOTE]

Read a few people doing this
So with a 5gallon fabric pot I would water it with a full 15gallons then a day later do it with 10gallons.

What type of water you using?

I will be trying to in greenhouse or just on the patio.

What does charging do to the Coco in your opinion

So with a 5gallon fabric pot I would water it with a full 15gallons then a day later do it with 10gallons.

[/QUOTE]

I use RO water, have a system, so the cost is minimum.
Yes I would still do 3 to 1 and 2 to 1, better safe that face a grow of pure misery. It's only water and a little products. I would use a good tap if I had it. mine is 800 plus ppm, but 2 to 300 is fine.
The charging of the coco allows me to sleep at night, :). Really after my first few experiences with coco, charging gives me the feeling that the grow will go smooth. Now that does nothing to change my FK-ups during the grow but at least I feel good going in. :)
I use just 1 gram of Epsom, two to three ml of GH CaliMagic, and 1 ml Canna A&B/gallon.
Since I use a drip system in the grow I want to make sure there is Drip Clean in the mix @ 0.3 ml/gallon. This keeps your ppm/EC in line. I finish by pH'ing the solution to 5.7 to 5.8, prefer on the lower side.

I just completed a grow in a 10 gallon Smart Pot and flushing was a lot of work.

GR

Yes I would still do 3 to 1 and 2 to 1, better safe that face a grow of pure misery. It's only water and a little products. I would use a good tap if I had it. mine is 800 plus ppm, but 2 to 300 is fine.
The charging of the coco allows me to sleep at night, :). Really after my first few experiences with coco, charging gives me the feeling that the grow will go smooth. Now that does nothing to change my FK-ups during the grow but at least I feel good going in. :)
I use just 1 gram of Epsom, two to three ml of GH CaliMagic, and 1 ml Canna A&B/gallon.
Since I use a drip system in the grow I want to make sure there is Drip Clean in the mix @ 0.3 ml/gallon. This keeps your ppm/EC in line. I finish by pH'ing the solution to 5.7 to 5.8, prefer on the lower side.

I just completed a grow in a 10 gallon Smart Pot and flushing was a lot of work.

GR
[/QUOTE]

Right on I will be using Advance cal/meg and the Sensi coco grow and bloom.

Also I will be handing watering. Dont have a reservoir. Was gonna do my mixing in a large bucket for every watering. I know this is time-consuming but I have lots of time as I'm off work on a serious injury.

GR

Also I will be handing watering. Dont have a reservoir. Was gonna do my mixing in a large bucket for every watering. I know this is time-consuming but I have lots of time as I'm off work on a serious injury.
[/QUOTE]

Can automate your grow easily and cheaply.

Can automate your grow easily and cheaply.
[/QUOTE]

On a tight budget for the time being. Getting the run around with my insurance. Hand watering is fine for me it's only 4 plants

What are you using to keep the ph in line in your reservoir? Is there something that will keep the ph where you set it for up to a week? I'm putting a system together for when I go on vacations this year. I noticed that in 24hrs the ph has climbed back up to almost where it started.

What are you using to keep the ph in line in your reservoir? Is there something that will keep the ph where you set it for up to a week? I'm putting a system together for when I go on vacations this year. I noticed that in 24hrs the ph has climbed back upon almost where it started.

I let my pH fluctuate from 5.75 to 6.15 every rez before I adjust it back down, usually 2 nights. Covers all the intake of nutes. I have a friend, my protege, that comes and adjust the pH when I am away. Have considered a monitor and injector to manage my pH when traveling.

Good evening everyone! Just touching base to say, ever since I switched to general hydroponics liquid nutes, and watering to runoff once a day, I have seen a tremendous growth rate compared to when I had dry ammendments and not watering thoroughly. The Coco I’m using is Root Royale. It’s already been washed and buffered. So I didn’t charge my coco at all?? I’ve also been testing my EC levels . Before and run off. I’ve included a few new pics of the girls. Also wanted to thank everyone for their input. I’m starting to really enjoy it!! Feel myself checking on them like all the time like I used to do with my kids!

Attachments

• F896830A-CF03-4B99-A87E-166A88AA1CFC.jpeg
    F896830A-CF03-4B99-A87E-166A88AA1CFC.jpeg
    556.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 25FE62C3-33B5-490B-AB0D-BD37615439BF.jpeg
    25FE62C3-33B5-490B-AB0D-BD37615439BF.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 0061E40F-B092-4AF5-B0F8-8D04A472CDED.jpeg
    0061E40F-B092-4AF5-B0F8-8D04A472CDED.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 3EC147FF-F41B-4C3F-92C9-2146A8870FE1.jpeg
    3EC147FF-F41B-4C3F-92C9-2146A8870FE1.jpeg
    841.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 0B78C550-2BAF-487F-B244-63A169C6FF80.jpeg
    0B78C550-2BAF-487F-B244-63A169C6FF80.jpeg
    948.4 KB · Views: 68
Don't need much experience to grow great weed mate. Just gotta keep it simple. Too many people make things too complicated. It's a plant. Give it the basics and it'll thrive. You don't need a 15 bottle nute line up. I've been there and done it. It works but it's tricky and requires constant minor adjustments.
Now I'm being lazy and using 1 bottle for veg, 1 for bloom, a pk booster for the last few weeks and the occasional shot of calmag. That's it. 90% of the grow is 1 bottle per feed at quarter to half strength. Not even bothered ph'ing anything this run and while although it's a bad practice it's working just as well. Mainly because I'm keeping it simple so less can go wrong.
Hey Barney, what nutes are you using?

Back
Top Bottom