Alcohol for tincture question

In Ontario does anyone know where to get high proof alcohol to make tincture with?

lcbo if you have everclear. check the proofing on it. there is now 6 versions of it. only a couple are good for extracts.

a lot of craft distillers made covid vodka at higher percentages for use as hand cleaner. you can use that so long as they did not add bittering agents or colouring.

sometimes customs will let a case of extractohol get through from the US but it is immensely expensive and slim chances to get it over the border.

lcbo if you have everclear. check the proofing on it. there is now 6 versions of it. only a couple are good for extracts.

a lot of craft distillers made covid vodka at higher percentages for use as hand cleaner. you can use that so long as they did not add bittering agents or colouring.

sometimes customs will let a case of extractohol get through from the US but it is immensely expensive and slim chances to get it over the border.
Having trouble finding finding everclear in lcbo here.
Can you use isopropyl alcohol?

In Ontario does anyone know where to get high proof alcohol to make tincture with?
Hey there I hope all is well.
61C13B86-63FB-4FD4-B760-1EC2ABF4A3D1.jpeg

This can be purchased at 10 % of LCBO. (The big ones). I have never used it but I do know a few that have. They say it works but knowing where the info is coming from I will try it first before I go out on a limb and say it works lol.
It’s very expensive @ 45 bucks for 700 ml.
I have tried to order from the LCBO and you can get high proof this way but be prepared to answer a lot of questions lmao. I never completed the transaction due to them wanting to know everything.

I’m also always looking for a good source and they r out there in Canada but the hard part is getting it delivered.
It’s funny because I can get pretty much anything I want in the mail. Drugs ,pesticides, chemicals,food pretty much everything but good luck getting a bottle of ever clear lmao.

Hey there I hope all is well.
61C13B86-63FB-4FD4-B760-1EC2ABF4A3D1.jpeg

This can be purchased at 10 % of LCBO. (The big ones). I have never used it but I do know a few that have. They say it works but knowing where the info is coming from I will try it first before I go out on a limb and say it works lol.
It’s very expensive @ 45 bucks for 700 ml.
I have tried to order from the LCBO and you can get high proof this way but be prepared to answer a lot of questions lmao. I never completed the transaction due to them wanting to know everything.

I’m also always looking for a good source and they r out there in Canada but the hard part is getting it delivered.
It’s funny because I can get pretty much anything I want in the mail. Drugs ,pesticides, chemicals,food pretty much everything but good luck getting a bottle of ever clear lmao.
Freeken lcbo pain in ass here. Just a little store with basic stock. I'll ask if they can order that for me. Thanks. :thumb:

Freeken lcbo pain in ass here. Just a little store with basic stock. I'll ask if they can order that for me. Thanks. :thumb:
I could only find it in the big stores in stock.
As I said I have never used this product so use at own risk.
Some friends say they have had good luck using it but I want to try it first before I go saying it works because of its cost.
Weed is cheaper to me then this stuff lol.
Maybe I will give it a go this weekend and see if it preforms.
Im also in Ontario and have been trying to get a good connect on high proof but it’s hard.

I’m going to have to become a urban moonshiner as well and start distilling my own.
Keep me posted on how you make out and I will try to get around to trying it and let you know.
Play safe and enjoy my friend

i work in the industry. i bring stuff in all the time for clients. i get approached a lot cause i know what they are using it for. you can order anything in their catalogue. anything over 40% gets taxed heavily in canada. about 4 - 5 times the rate you normally pay on booze.

we ship the stuff everywhere, but you have to buy an entire case, and buy it through your local system.

I could only find it in the big stores in stock.
As I said I have never used this product so use at own risk.
Some friends say they have had good luck using it but I want to try it first before I go saying it works because of its cost.
Weed is cheaper to me then this stuff lol.
Maybe I will give it a go this weekend and see if it preforms.
Im also in Ontario and have been trying to get a good connect on high proof but it’s hard.

I’m going to have to become a urban moonshiner as well and start distilling my own.
Keep me posted on how you make out and I will try to get around to trying it and let you know.
Play safe and enjoy my friend
Thanks brother.

i work in the industry. i bring stuff in all the time for clients. i get approached a lot cause i know what they are using it for. you can order anything in their catalogue. anything over 40% gets taxed heavily in canada. about 4 - 5 times the rate you normally pay on booze.

we ship the stuff everywhere, but you have to buy an entire case, and buy it through your local system.
So they will bring it in ,but I have to buy a case.?

Hey brother I hope all is well.
Every time I try to order through my local system they want to know everything about me. How can I order this stuff without getting asked my whole life story.
iv honestly sat through interrogations that were easier.
I just looking for some insight to this because I have had no luck try to order good high proof anywhere.
Im willing to pay the price as I’m Canadian and getting taxed 4 or 5 times the norm is normal. Any insight is greatly appreciated as I try to never miss this topic anywhere because I’m always looking for a workaround to get good high proof.
Play safe and enjoy

Every time I try to order through my local system they want to know everything about me. How can I order this stuff without getting asked my whole life story.
I just looking for some insight to this because I have had no luck try to order good high proof anywhere.
Im willing to pay the price as I’m Canadian and getting taxed 4 or 5 times the norm is normal. Any insight is greatly appreciated as I try to never miss this topic anywhere because I’m always looking for a workaround to get good high proof.
Play safe and enjoy
I found a 5 gallon pale of isopropyl alcohol at a local shop. But I don’t know if I can use it. Any thoughts?

you can't. it falls under different very strict legality. if you jump through the hoops they can't stop you from ordering it though. it is not illegal to order. what you do with it can be.

to be clear extracts are very very very much illegal in canada. only licensed commercial producers who can guarantee they are using them for edibles or beverages are allowed to make them. they have to ensure dosages are kept to strict levels set by the gov't. most commercially available edibles are currently illegal as they are too strong.

if you were local i'd have no issues helping you out.

I found a 5 gallon pale of isopropyl alcohol at a local shop. But I don’t know if I can use it. Any thoughts?

yes. iso has been used here for ages. the end product just is no where near as good. but it does work. use the 90%.

you can't. it falls under different very strict legality. if you jump through the hoops they can't stop you from ordering it though. it is not illegal to order. what you do with it can be.

to be clear extracts are very very very much illegal in canada. only licensed commercial producers who can guarantee they are using them for edibles or beverages are allowed to make them. they have to ensure dosages are kept to strict levels set by the gov't. most commercially available edibles are currently illegal as they are too strong.

if you were local i'd have no issues helping you out.

yes. iso has been used here for ages. the end product just is no where near as good. but it does work. use the 90%.
I hear ya brother. I know extracting with alcohol is still very illegal and this is why they ask soooooo many questions.
My problem is I don’t even drink so when they ask me questions like what do you want it for I’m completely lost for words lol. Thanks for the insight and I may try my luck again ordering something. I’m not much for giving up and I will get some high proof one way or the other lol.
Play safe and enjoy

I hear ya brother. I know extracting with alcohol is still very illegal and this is why they ask soooooo many questions.
My problem is I don’t even drink so when they ask me questions like what do you want it for I’m completely lost for words lol. Thanks for the insight and I may try my luck again ordering something. I’m not much for giving up and I will get some high proof one way or the other lol.
Play safe and enjoy
I have been looking for a while now. I'll try ordering from lcbo. I don't drink either so don't go there much. :thumb:

once you've gotten a successful order they will stop looking. a lot of organized crime types have switched to extracts so they can compete with legal on a bigger bang. that is why the scrutiny has occurred.

i move a lot of the stuff to my friends, but you have to be in the province and pick it up at an authorized store. the private stores can sell you single bottles, but the proofing is usually too little.

once you've gotten a successful order they will stop looking. a lot of organized crime types have switched to extracts so they can compete with legal on a bigger bang. that is why the scrutiny has occurred.

i move a lot of the stuff to my friends, but you have to be in the province and pick it up at an authorized store. the private stores can sell you single bottles, but the proofing is usually too little.

I do feel scrutinized when I try calling lol

I’m texting a friend to see if I can get some high proof his friend that runs a distillery.
The search continues and I’m looking everywhere now lol.
If I’m ever successful I will keep you posted.
Great, thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom