Aloha from Hawai'i

HawaiianDuck

ALOHA 420!!
Well, long time reader, figured I would sign up and start a grow journal here soon. I have a room started, a 8'x7'x7.5h room I built (2x4's and ply sheeting) with 4x7 dedicated to flowering under two 600w hps, and two veggie boxes (4x2.5x3h and a 2x2.5x3h) stacked on top of each other. Its a little tight, but I had to make do with what I had. I have two 6" 420cfm fan/filter combos changing the air in the room every 5 min (and works beautifully to keep the temps just about perfect).
I have 15 females (and two pots with two plants that havent sexed yet, so potentially will be 17 females in the next few days) that have been under 12/12 for between 1-2.5 weeks. Things are starting to get exciting. I wound up with seeds from three different sources, and none of them where pure bred, so I have a LOT of defferent looking and acting girls going. All are autoflower, because that what pretty much the whole "community" has now and its what was free.
I am using soil/medium and 3-4 gal pots. My soil/medium is about 80% pro-mix and 20% volcanic cinder (its Hawaii, we have tons of it, litterally can just drive up to a cinder cone and shovel it right from the source). Hoping this mix will give the roots a good amount of air and keep away any root rot.
I have about 20 years experience growing outdoors here in Hawaii, but this is my first time with indoors. I have learned a TON from reading here on 420, and am really hoping for some good results with my new endeavor. Luckily here seeds are really easy to get (everyone grows and has seeds out the ears) and the strains are all primo. One of the strains I am most excited about in this and upcoming grows is the duckfoot indica. I have 5 female duckfoots cranking right now, and have another pot with two ducks that havent sexed yet, but should get a girl out of it. For those of you who don't know about duckfoots (or webbed leaf) you should check it out when I get pics up (hopefully soon). They have been pretty popular on and off here in Hawai'i, and I have always loved them.
Like I said, I should have a journal up soon, and hope to see you all there.
Much Aloha,
HD

Hi HawaiianDuck, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. Glad you made the comitment and joined us. You know what your doing, good. You know we are friendly so jump in and make some friends. Take a minute to vote in our contests , and I'll see you :surf: around the forums. :thanks: :peace:

Aloha Coco, and mahalos for the welcome. May be a little pre-mature to say I know what I am doing, at least for the indoor grow, I'd say more like I theoretically know what I'm doing there. But in general, I do like to think I know my way around a pot plant. And I always enjoy learning new things about this amazing plant and how it grows (and how it grows bigger and better...lol).
Thanks again and see ya around the forums.
HD

Cinders are great,IMO. We used to get 'em by the truck full at the waste piles from coal mining here,their main power stations burned coal. Cinders really help loosen up the soil and improve drainage.

Pics of Ducksfoot sounds great. I've wondered about that stuff for years.

Aloha Firestone.
Yep, cinder is great, and free cinder even better...lol.
Pics of the ducks should be up tonight or at least by the morning. I have a journal started called HD's first indoor;1200w/soil/variety of autoflower strains, and I would love to have some interested ppl following. Hope to see you there!!
HD

Back
Top Bottom