Am I ready to harvest?

ButtZor

I've done some reading about when to harvest but I'm still not sure, and I don't want to ruin all my hard work. :) Basically I understand that when the clear 'arms' turn white, then to amber..catch it in the middle somewhere between cloudy and amber. So I borrowed a microscope and put a few very small clippings on the slide.

When I put them under the microscope under the lowest magnification and all of the arms looked clear. Almost all were mushroom top looking. But I couldn't tell what color they were. So I turned off the light under the slide and now everything looks kinda amber. Not sure what to think. Here are a few pictures...thought I would see what you think.

Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated.

IMG_63882.JPG

IMG_63632.JPG

IMG_63543.JPG

IMG_63421.JPG

IMG_63414.JPG

IMG_63222.JPG

This lady doesn't look ready yet to me. Start examining trichs when your pistils are around 40-50% orange. At the moment they're probably still clear.

i does not look ready dont know what strain and alot of white hairs your plant looks very good have patience it will be worth it

i agree with all the above comments, the pics would suggest your getting just clear trichs at the moment,

its best to look at the trichs under regular day light, checking using lights can cause mixed results,
under normal daylight you will be able to tell if their clear or not,
clear trichs look like ice,
thc is at its peak at or around 100% cloudy, so the plant is ready to harvest at this stage, cloudy trichs look like milky water or cloudy water,
the trichs turn amber when the thc is degrading into cbn, the cbn gives you a more of a couch lock affect, i like to harvest at around 20 to 40% amber, to be fair though most of it is down to the strain, i good indica will give you a couch lock affect at 100% cloudy.

i like to wait until its amber as i prefer the affect at around that stage, plus when its turning amer you know the plant is no longer putting on weight and its starting to degrade, so you know for sure the plant is done and not going to get any bigger, most strains will put on more weight in the last 2 weeks as the calyx or seed pods will swell and look like they got seeds inside them, so this then gives a heavier yeild,

but their are a few indica strains that just wont turn amber, ive only had 1 and no matter how long i left it it just wouldnt turn amber,

This lady doesn't look ready yet to me. Start examining trichs when your pistils are around 40-50% orange. At the moment they're probably still clear.
Not ready yet but almost the way I learned is when they are a mushroom and cloudy they are at peak thc I had a lot of trouble last year and waited way to long check this out
I’m just learning myself but it would seem to me that mine from clear to white which should have been harvested to complete dry up and brown looking I was waiting for the amber looking back now I can see it
Another thing I learned was when the tops of the mushroom trichromes start falling off or leaning over it’s time it only degrades from here after

F72DE1D0-60DB-4E4E-892A-798E8BB1A1E9.png

93778F7D-39FF-47B5-8BDE-6B39CDC4A340.png

839984DE-F064-4321-9E54-E8BEC8F03160.png

Back
Top Bottom