Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

No advantage what so ever on cooling features? I remember running 600w of hps air cooled hood etc... it was hard to control. I bet the heatsink and little vents cool the led way better than my 600w.
My Se450 in a 4x4 is 77-83 with an 8" fan running bout 40% and the room it's in stays 75-81 so I would say it's cooler than a 400w hps

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Wow, that looks fierce. What did that Pro 9 cost?

How many watts of LED are you running in that tent, and what size is it?
Pro9 runs 900watts. The heat with the COB's was a lot for that tent, went straight to 90, but it's supposed to be used in big open grows not tents, lol

Pro9 MSRP@$1995 and is on sale $1496.25, but is even less if one is willing to do a journal on 420 Magazine and to contact us (Amare) for more details. -It delivers more than 2x the par intensity as a 1000 DE@24"!!!

For giggles we put that Pro9 in a gorilla extended 4x4, but we lack AC so switched it out for a Pro3 and 2x SS150's and put the Pro9 in a 10'x5' tent, much better. Also, the Pro9 is so intense just being around the light it produces, not even looking at it, had a headache. Need some LED Glasses to wear around the grow spaces!

Pro9, just amazing! Very powerful!
420-magazine-mobile1269598938.jpg

Pro3
420-magazine-mobile2070909664.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1907777200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile873053267.jpg
:adore:

That seriously looks amazing. I need one ASAP lol. Would love to do a special journal for a discount on that bad mammajamma :thumb:

No advantage what so ever on cooling features? I remember running 600w of hps air cooled hood etc... it was hard to control. I bet the heatsink and little vents cool the led way better than my 600w.

Yes, the heat-sinks and vents will help dissipate the heat and cool the light, but the main advantage between LED and HID is there's no major secondary heat source of the HID bulb.

I'd think it's a double-edged sword.

With HID lighting, the grower can move the ballast out of the grow area - so the heat produced by it becomes irrelevant. And, with an air-cooled hood, the bulk of the heat produced can be immediately whisked away from that area (without ever picking up the smell of cannabis).

However, an LED is - at least in theory - more efficient than either HPS or MH lighting in that more of the electricity is converted to light. Imagine two light sources, each "consuming" 500 watts. One is 21% efficient - IOW, turns 105 of those watts into light - and the other is 56% efficient - turns 280 watts into light. Lights only produce two things... illumination and heat. What isn't converted into light becomes "waste heat." Yes, there is some heat produced by the light itself in a closed area where it reflects and gets absorbed, lol... But a more efficient light source is, by definition, a "less efficient heater" (so to speak) than a less efficient light source.

And... IDK how much heat a typical LED panel's power supply produces. IF it is a significant amount, making that power supply removable/remote (either the manufacturer doing so or the user engaging in a little DiY), that would remove one heat source from the grow room. Also, if a manufacturer chooses to make an LED product that is like an air-cooled hood - with a 6" or 8" "intake" and "exhaust" side intended to be hooked to ducting/fan(s) instead of simply having internal fans and ventilation slots in its case... then much of the waste heat could be immediately removed from the grow room in the same way that it is done with "sealed" air-cooled HID hoods. Such a thing would probably primarily be of interest to those who run larger grows that have multiple, high-wattage lights - but who knows, lol. Many growers that only operate one light per grow space still use CO₂ supplementation - and that requires a closed environment to work well, otherwise one's extra CO₂ is being removed along with the heat. So some of those running smaller grows might also be interested. Err... Due to the fact that, unlike HIDs, if such external fan(s) fail for any reason, the grower will fry more than just his/her plants, lol, I assume that some sort of failsafe would be necessary which would save the LED panel in the event of an overheat. A resettable temperature-activated circuit breaker, maybe. IDK.

Re: Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

Pro9 runs 900watts. The heat with the COB's was a lot for that tent, went straight to 90, but it's supposed to be used in big open grows not tents, lol

Pro9 MSRP@$1995 and is on sale $1496.25, but is even less if one is willing to do a journal on any canna forums and to contact us (Amare) for more details. -It delivers more than 2x the par intensity as a 1000 DE@24"!!!

Good job!! When I will be rich I will buy one.

Been thinking about switching to LED. Got a ton of research to do still, but Amare is one of the brands I'm considering. Love seeing the photos of other peoples setups. Gives me something to aspire to.

Been thinking about switching to LED. Got a ton of research to do still, but Amare is one of the brands I'm considering. Love seeing the photos of other peoples setups. Gives me something to aspire to.
Oh man once you become a part of this family the search is over and you will kno you have finally made it home

2.4m x 1.2m

I wondered if you might be meaning meters instead of feet, lol. For those who aren't metric-friendly, that's... 7.87402'x3.93701', or ~31 ft.².

Well we have a monster Cheese in veg right now and is about 30" tall and 33" tip to tip all the way around. Now, we have quite the large grow space and she will need her own light in flower. Just looking for suggestions on what to use. No problem having to get a light mover also. What do you guys and gals think? Was thinking about hitting up Victor or someone to get some info. Anybody have his email they could pm me or can I use the contact info one their page?

Thanks.

Well we have a monster Cheese in veg right now and is about 30" tall and 33" tip to tip all the way around. Now, we have quite the large grow space and she will need her own light in flower. Just looking for suggestions on what to use. No problem having to get a light mover also. What do you guys and gals think? Was thinking about hitting up Victor or someone to get some info. Anybody have his email they could pm me or can I use the contact info one their page?

Thanks.
Hey man until brother fern or Victor gets back to you, I would look at the se250 or the ss260 either one will kill but if you have really dense plants might get that se250 so u could have those cobs.

Wow, this new pro series looks great!! Very intense as well. Now that I have seen these ones set up in a tent along with all the info I have soaked in from reading, I am sold on these. I will definitely be choosing the pro series from amare tech when it's time to upgrade.
I would love to upgrade my light by the time I set up my next grow in September but the funds will not allow this as we are trying to save for vacation in August. Maybe sometime soon :) 6 more months til Christmas time, maybe I will treat myself haha

Back
Top Bottom