Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

The only differences between the Pro3 & 4 are in the overall size and the components within the unit. The design layout is exactly the same for both models.

SolarPro300 (Pro3) pulls 300 watts, is 32" x 8" x 3.15" in dimension and utilizes the top-bin CREE CXB-3070 COB's with supplemental XP-G2 and XP-E2 5w monochrome diodes. The coverage of the SolarPro300 is as follows:

1 panel: 2' x 4'
2x: 4' x 4'
3x: 5' x 5'

SolarPro400 (Pro4) pulls 400 watts, is 36" x 9" x 4" in dimension and utilizes the top-bin CREE CXB-3590 COB's with supplemental XP-G2 and XP-E2 5w monochrome diodes. The coverage of the SolarPro400 is as follows:

1 panel: 2.5' x 4.5'
2x: 5' x 5'
Pro3_6.JPG

Pro3_1.jpg

Pro3_2.jpg
Pro3_3.jpg
Pro3_4.jpg
Pro3_5.JPG

Why not use the 3590 on the pro3?

How important is light efficiency? I see the diy pros, some, prefer to run the cob's smoother, sacrificing intensity for a better efficiency. Amare runs the cob's harder right? What's the downside and how big is it?

How important is light efficiency? I see the diy pros, some, prefer to run the cob's smoother, sacrificing intensity for a better efficiency. Amare runs the cob's harder right? What's the downside and how big is it?

That really depends on you and what you want. Running COBs at a lower wattage should extend their life. I personally would prefer to run them to get the most output, especially when you have fewer COBs in a space. If I had 9 or 12 COBs in a 4'x4' area, then I would be ok with running them at 35 watts versus 50. Using more COBs to get a better spread while still using around the same power.

It really comes down to your grow. Some are limited by the power they can use. Some are limited to how much heat they can negate.

And some by both. Like me for example. Now I want the pro9 :)))
Just when I was about to write that it can't get worse I taught again and with me it definitely can.

So perhaps someone here can explain a few things to me so I can have a better understanding of the advantages of going with Amare Technologies lights verses say the Mars-Hydro. I see they use COB lighting and Cree diodes. Everything I have read claims Cree is the best you can buy. Presently I am growing with 3 Mars-Hydros that have the Epistar diodes which are not as good as the Cree, though they offer a series with the Cree Diodes but like the Amare, they cost a little over 2 dollars a watt where as the Epistar costs just over 1 dollar a watt. I also have a Lumigrow pro325 which costs around 2 dollars a watt. I guess my question would be, does the Cree and the COB produce that much better quality to justify the cost. I have 1 other light, it is an 11 spectrum grow light.

So perhaps someone here can explain a few things to me so I can have a better understanding of the advantages of going with Amare Technologies lights verses say the Mars-Hydro. I see they use COB lighting and Cree diodes. Everything I have read claims Cree is the best you can buy. Presently I am growing with 3 Mars-Hydros that have the Epistar diodes which are not as good as the Cree, though they offer a series with the Cree Diodes but like the Amare, they cost a little over 2 dollars a watt where as the Epistar costs just over 1 dollar a watt. I also have a Lumigrow pro325 which costs around 2 dollars a watt. I guess my question would be, does the Cree and the COB produce that much better quality to justify the cost. I have 1 other light, it is an 11 spectrum grow light.

Well, since you are already using the one manufacturer's product... Take a look at posts #112 and #113 of this thread. Are you getting those kinds of results? BtW, Brother Fern was using the SE350+UVB model, which is a generation behind (and uses roughly 100 less watts, at around 350) Amare Technologies' current comparable model, the SE450+UVB. Among other things, I was impressed by the fact that he had what appeared to be untrained plants - see the redhead in the picture for size reference, lol - but the penetration capability of the LED panel must still have been adequate to produce the buds.

I can answer a part. I have 2 chinese leds, same brand. 1 is 100w epistar and the other is ~240w Cree. 4 of the 100w epi won't match the Cree pannel.
If I was building my own LED that would be an issue but I am a grower not a LED builder. I spent a ton of time and effort learning how to grow properly, I really do not have the time to do all of the research it would require of me to start building my own LEDs. There are plenty of others who are doing a stellar job.
I have heard good things about the COB but finding grow journals with documented grows has not been exactly easy to find. I just started growing again after taking a 30 year break when Oregon went legal for recreational, and to be honest, I have more grows since Oregon has gone legal then I can find of grows with COB lights. It is possible that I am looking in the wrong areas, if so, any assistance in directions to a few grows would make my decision a whole lot easier. The wife wants me to buy the lights now, so she can keep the books straight but I will not need them till after my current grow is finished and since I just flipped my Malawi Gold on Mothers day, I have a ways to go.

Trust I've grown with several Mars panel and yes it makes a world of difference especially when it comes to penetration some of my plants are 4-5.5' from floor and my 450uvb is @ 6'7" still gets penetration all the way down
0539e1f322e05e78887a9cfdd20b0387.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

If I was building my own LED that would be an issue but I am a grower not a LED builder. I spent a ton of time and effort learning how to grow properly, I really do not have the time to do all of the research it would require of me to start building my own LEDs. There are plenty of others who are doing a stellar job.
I have heard good things about the COB but finding grow journals with documented grows has not been exactly easy to find. I just started growing again after taking a 30 year break when Oregon went legal for recreational, and to be honest, I have more grows since Oregon has gone legal then I can find of grows with COB lights. It is possible that I am looking in the wrong areas, if so, any assistance in directions to a few grows would make my decision a whole lot easier. The wife wants me to buy the lights now, so she can keep the books straight but I will not need them till after my current grow is finished and since I just flipped my Malawi Gold on Mothers day, I have a ways to go.
Hey bro here is my journal here feel free to come thru and ask questions I've been using Amare cobs for bout a year plus have used 3 different panels they have had so come on over
Jaymu's Amare Tech Solar Adventures & Escapades

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Why the quote? I didn't say I'm a chinese and built 2 leds :)). Just happen to have 2 of the same brand, small one I won it and the big one was given for a journal. I do have a DIY cree cob and was planning to fill my room with with them but I came around. I love COB's but don't like to DIY, don't have the tools and I know the technology Amare uses is waaaay above my 2 cross, hand screwdrivers...

Back
Top Bottom