Amateur Indoor/Outdoor grow - need support & advice

Here we go again dear ganja friends. 7 days after.
Yesterday I was a little bit worried about one of the plants. One day I came back from work and I saw my plants leaves bending down. First I thought that it might be because I cut the first 2 leaves from the bottom but damn it can't be I thought.
I didn't knew what was the problem since there were no problems till yesterday and also I didn't made no changes but then ... then I remembered that I haven't put water in the pots for 5 days. Here is how Afrodita looked like when she was thirsty.

P6260780.JPG

P6260775.JPG

And then here is how they all look now, after I gave em water. Happy three friends :)

P6270791.JPG

P6270761.JPG

P6270793.JPG

P6270802.JPG

A little bit water over the plants looks very cool.

P6270801.JPG

P6270806.JPG

So ... how do they look :) I think fine. Growing slow but it's important for them to be happy :) :D

P6270794.JPG

i personally would repot those into bigger pots and bury them up to a inch below the biggest node there. i havent had an issue with my plants getting weak (like pine trees do) they actually seem to thrive from it.

I&i

re read my post it may sound confusing.

when i make clones some times there is a little air space from the last node to the soil. when i plant this clone into a bigger pot, i will bury the clone all the way up to that node point (later it will be trimmed off) but this will help give a thicker root structure and help your support.

easiest way to explain this is if you have ever grown cucumbers. when the cucumber has filled its root system out, it will start growing lumps a inch above the soil level, you can (if wanted) place more soil inside that pot and those lumps will becomes roots. you have more of the plant buried under the soil adding to its strength.

((ive recently had the same thing with my plants in flowering. they are in 10gallon pots and have filled the root system they are allowed, they have small lumps a inch from the base where i can add soil and they would get more roots. however since im in flower stage im not wanting roots to be growing, focus on the flowers plant... hope this helps))

I&i

Here we go again dear ganja friends. 7 days after.
Yesterday I was a little bit worried about one of the plants. One day I came back from work and I saw my plants leaves bending down. First I thought that it might be because I cut the first 2 leaves from the bottom but damn it can't be I thought.
I didn't knew what was the problem since there were no problems till yesterday and also I didn't made no changes but then ... then I remembered that I haven't put water in the pots for 5 days. Here is how Afrodita looked like when she was thirsty.

Best to have a calendar where u can right down when you last fed, when you pruned last, when you cleaned your tools, water systems, ect last. just all around good to have a calendar for your grow. wont want to stress your ladys out to much or they will be stunted.

I&i

Something I wanted to mention for your grow, when you start flowering, don't spray the plants anymore with water on the leaves. It can contribute to bud rot/mold on the buds.

But spraying now in Veg is fine, and I do the same :) Some folks will even use this method for foliar feedings too.

CalCarb, i use in my spray every other day. water in spray in between. as he notes, never in flower best to not add humidity to the room as well. outside has alot more air flow so they can handle being rained on but still recommend watching for heavy rain with instant hot days that equals a disaster late in flower.

I&i

I read the posts nice friends. I agree with everything. I am going to repot the plants this week into bigger pots. I repotted one of them into a bigger bottle, fuck it I didn't knew where to find pots. We move on :) .....
I stopped using my HPS lamp.I personally think that the lamp caused slow growing. I think that because as far as I know the sodium lamp has life time of using. I mean that some one told me that the sodium lamp after some 2000 or so hours stops being potent or good for the plants because there is a gas inside that is wasted. I used that lamp the last summer so maybe it is empty already. Is it true ?? Are HPS lamps with limited usage ?
So... these 2 days I let the plats to grow under sun light and it looks good i think.
By the way I have calendar as some one of you said :) Here it is:

P6300766.JPG

Here are the 3 happy friends few minutes ago.

P6300765.JPG

were you using the HPS for Flowering? or Growing?

While Growing plants you want to mimic the Spring/Summer sun, little bit more blue light spectrum
Also known as a Metal Halide or Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL)

While Flowering plants you want to mimic the summer/fall sun, little bit more red/pinkish spectrum
(think of it as when u look to the sky in late summer and it looks pink/purple/blue/gold)
This is best found in a High Pressure Sodium (HPS) or (SHPS) Lamp

yes, all lights have a limit to their usage. their lifetime may last longer then their usage too in most cases. my rule of thumb is i replace my bulbs after 2 grows (6-8 months) the reason being is because they lose Lumens over a period of time. less lumens, less photosynthesis. However im starting to move to LED, these have been rumored to hold their lumens longer then hps and mh Lamps as well as not needing a ballast that creates extra heat, no fans to cool your hoods, lower electric bill, just all around better and where im moving to as well as another friendly grower of mine. i hope this helps you and others throw there opinions in here for you to consider.

I&i

EDIT : Also, Very nice calendar ;)

I AM WORRIED PEOPLE :( 3 days the second plant looks like this :(

P7030771.JPG

P7030773.JPG

Is this because of lack of water ? Because I see the surface of the soil is dangerously dry. The sun here is 33+ degrees Celsius.
I haven't changed nothing since starting the grow so I think it is because of the water.
Here is view from above, I see the higher leaves look fine.

P7030774.JPG

I putted water just now and I am going to see what's going to happen tomorrow. The other plants are fine, I am going to post pictures from them in 4/5 days.

:scratchinghead:

No worriez broz :) DAMN this plant is so crazy and amuses me fantastically :) ... It was depressed like in the pictures I posted, but then I putted water in the pot, and 20 minutes after all the leaves were up like erected di*k :) :) DAMN !!!! I love this plants !! Here it is how it looks after watering:

P7040777.JPG

By the way the pot is not so big, but I am going to re-pot the plant tomorrow when I'll have free time.

Thanks again for the advice's. I gotta few questions for you guy's.

First. Is it bad if I put few drops of honey in the water. let's say 2/3 drops of honey in 1L of water as a nutrient for the plants.
Also, I have heard that rust from fasteners (iron oxide) is good for the plant. Is that true ?

And the second question is about the plants.
As I see I have not too big but there is space between the nods of the plants because I am using HPS lamps and sun light from time to time. But, will that decrease the yield of the plant ???

Beside these questions I'll have to tell you that I repotted the second plant and it's ok for now.
Here is the soil used for the plant and by the way this is mostly the soil I used for the plants:

P7050781.JPG

thats out of my level of knowledge.. hopefully some others join up or know something about this.

i have heard of molasses being added for a flavor booster in the last couple weeks of feeding, never honey but it may have an effect.. may be to thick to be broken down to be eaten by the plant.

as far as rust goes, i would assume thats a no.. you dont want metals and rust in your water when feeding so i would imagine you dont want it in the pot in general. i simply just try to re create natures environment. in a couple weeks ill have my tents properly set up.

I&i

Mimi, please don't add rust. I know one grower that had a rusty staple in his soil and it hurt the plant bad. That soil is good. I would like to have a bag of it. Be careful with your fertilizer. The plants are still children. They aren't ready to eat as much as adults yet. Children who have too much food are not healthy.

Honey will make bugs come. It won't hurt the plant. But, do you want flies and bugs?

So guys here I am again. I'll proudly present to you my kids and also ask 2 questions.

1. Why my plants don't grow this kind of stems ? I mean of those that are some how of 45 degrees from the main stem ? ? ?

P7100794-4.JPG

P7100797.JPG

P7100800.JPG

2. Why my plants don't look like bush or like a pyramid ??? They only grow tall with no extra stems :( ....

They look cool by the way but I am nervous because I don't see stems like the previous plants I grew:

P9130807.JPG

______________________________________________________________________________________________

P7100791.JPG

P7100790.JPG

Back
Top Bottom