Amber?

Greeneye98

Im sure I can see a fair few amber or am I seeing things? Please friends have a look and let me no . .

f9147ac59ca8c2a49c521eaf48ec314d.jpg

Sent from my E2303 using 420

Can't see no amber. Still fuzzing I see. All the hairs should turn brownish and retract into the bud . Still a little while longer to go from what I see, but then again I'm a beginer :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think I may be mistaking the trichs with a yellow tinge as amber bt i think it's light reflection.... My bad haha just need to sit on my hands for a little while longer!

As a general rule, if your ladies are still putting out white hairs, then she is not ready. Once the activity slows and most of the hairs are brown, then you are in the window for harvest. You have at least 2 weeks to go.

Breeder's specs are based on perfect environmental factors, which have nothing to do with how we grow our little indoor gardens. ;)

I think I may have mistaken the yellowing of leaves for light bleaching what is your opinions please?
3442e4fd9586bd5aec520bddad31c8a9.jpg
b76a2ebc307bf1ed0416cb20717c025e.jpg
51275fcc504be48ce1051a019d5a9548.jpg

As it's only the leaves near the top...

This is possible. Standard practice is to run 50 watts per square foot of light. If your plants are too close to the lights, light bleaching can occur. I have not had this problem with CFLs or my Mars 300 LEDS. CFLs can be put really close, 2 to 3 inches. LEDs need at least a foot to the top of the plants.

Try either raising the lights or lowering the amount of light, IF you are running over 50 watts per square foot.

HOWEVER, it is normal in late flower for the ladies to use up their leaves. It's scary to watch them shed several leaves a day, but adding more nutes in late flower is a waste of money and not helpful at all to the maturation process.

I've raised the light by a few inches from 14" so there now 18 inch away from the light (400w hps)

Yeah I've just started to flush yesterday.... Thanku for your input much appreciated!

If you 'think' you see some amber, keep waiting. You will 'know' you see amber when it's mature.
I've had a few strains that lose their leaves when finishing, similar to your pics.

I put 1000w about 22"-24" away, 600w about 18" away. Never bleached a leave yet.
The concern with placing lights too close is heat.
I put thermometers very near my highest buds and control temperature based on that, not the room temperature.

I put 1000w about 22"-24" away, 600w about 18" away. Never bleached a leave yet.
The concern with placing lights too close is heat.
I put thermometers very near my highest buds and control temperature based on that, not the room temperature.
Since I moved the lights further up the leaves have no further yellowing...I have a fan blowing directly above moving the hot air away from her temps are 25C humidity 40%

Since I moved the lights further up the leaves have no further yellowing...I have a fan blowing directly above moving the hot air away from her temps are 25C humidity 40%

I am glad the solution was simple! :cheer:

you need a microscope or jewlers loupe to see the colors of the trichs, cant tell from these pics or by naked eye.
as for the yellowing of leaves, it is completely normal.. IMO your plant looks great. but without a loupe or scope you will never be able to tell what has gone amber and what has not.

you need a microscope or jewlers loupe to see the colors of the trichs, cant tell from these pics or by naked eye.
as for the yellowing of leaves, it is completely normal.. IMO your plant looks great. but without a loupe or scope you will never be able to tell what has gone amber and what has not.
I always use a scope, at least 30x but 100x is ideal. Check if trichs are milky white and curling back, that's earliest you can pull, couch lock is 30 to 50 percent amber and trichs milky white. Make sure you flush with non ph water for 5 to 10 days depending on ur feeding

Back
Top Bottom