Android Phone Having Issues Uploading Photos

Re: Happy 4/20 - Welcome To Our Brand New Website!

So whats up with me and using my droid to upload pics its been eight datys and I still cant upload pics its a major problem not like likes or stealth mode those are not a huge problem but a problem none the less but not being able to upload pics for more than week makes me feel like im doing COREY AND BPN a big disservice by not being able to do something simple as putting up new photos, I dont mean to vent and I do love the site and just wanna be able to go to the normal gallery (not them mobile one) so I can upload and share thanks for reading who ever may read:Namaste:

Again, we're not diving into the phone issues until we get the rest of the site finished for web users with computers, as that is a whole separate can of works altogether. I can appreciate your analysis of our priority list, however it's our priority list and this is how we are doing it. I will say that the programmer did read your comments and say this.

I have seen some people complain about not uploading from mobile phone. Apple doesn't allow access to the Photos folder when uploading.

Now I realize you have an Android, however maybe the same logic applies and it's just not possible yet with our software. We are evolving into a modern website, however it's not going to happen overnight. If you want to help BPN in the mean time, maybe you can go to a computer and upload the photos. That's all I have for you right now, hope it helps and thanks for your patience, understanding and support. :Namaste:

So whats up with me and using my droid to upload pics its been eight datys and I still cant upload pics its a major problem not like likes or stealth mode those are not a huge problem but a problem none the less but not being able to upload pics for more than week makes me feel like im doing COREY AND BPN a big disservice by not being able to do something simple as putting up new photos, I dont mean to vent and I do love the site and just wanna be able to go to the normal gallery (not them mobile one) so I can upload and share thanks for reading who ever may read:Namaste:

Again, we're not diving into the phone issues until we get the rest of the site finished for web users with computers, as that is a whole separate can of works altogether. I can appreciate your analysis of our priority list, however it's our priority list and this is how we are doing it. I will say that the programmer did read your comments and say this.

Now I realize you have an Android, however maybe the same logic applies and it's just not possible yet with our software. We are evolving into a modern website, however it's not going to happen overnight. If you want to help BPN in the mean time, maybe you can go to a computer and upload the photos. That's all I have for you right now, hope it helps and thanks for your patience, understanding and support.
:Namaste:

Thanks for the quick reply:thanks: and I was wondering someone had mentioned forum runner to me do
you guys think that will help? Also I dont kow anyone with a pc but do you think I could some how email the pics into my gallery? Im very impressed with the revamp :bravo: love the quick navigation and reply to quote not taking you to the advanced page and now when I click certain things I can actually chose or write in them, ie. before if I gave rep id click rep star and if I tried to write in the rep box it would disappear but its fixed and the same with chosing color and font size and being able to add photos from the reply bix is awesome:woohoo: just had to toot your horn a lil great job:adore: :adore:

High Everyone,

Ok, as I have discussed with 420, I seen that there is a lot of droid users that are needing to upload, and the only means is to upload through their phones. So I have taken it upon myself to start doing testing on ways to have a temporary solution for uploading your photos, and after only 1 hour of dealing with the kids and walking around outside with my phone in my face. I have finally came up with a solution for us droid users.

IMAG000115.jpg

This photo was uploaded from my droid.

There is only one way that I have found on how to do it, for the time being of course.

1. Open your "Android Market" or "Google Play" and do a search for "Dolphin Browser" and download it.
    (For ease on you droid users, click here)
  2. Once you have downloaded it, open it and at the welcome screen for the first time boot, there will a welcome screen, push "Start now"
  3. mark the check mark if you wish, but is not necessary, then push "Accept"
  4. You will then be taken to your settings menu, in this screen on option 2, you want to mark "Desktop" as your perfom as function. This will allow you to view the site as a normal site, and not as a mobile site.
  5. push "Next" on the top right corner.
  6. If you have the browser on your PC as well, it can keep sync of everything you do, this is again not necessary, if you choose not to, push "Skip" on upper right corner.
  7. You will be then taken to the Dolphin browsers home page. From here you should be able to just go to 420mag.com and go about your business as you usually did.

I hope this helps you for the time being til we get it situated on the web browsers.

:peacetwo:

High Everyone,

Ok, as I have discussed with 420, I seen that there is a lot of droid users that are needing to upload, and the only means is to upload through their phones. So I have taken it upon myself to start doing testing on ways to have a temporary solution for uploading your photos, and after only 1 hour of dealing with the kids and walking around outside with my phone in my face. I have finally came up with a solution for us droid users.

IMAG000115.jpg

This photo was uploaded from my droid.

There is only one way that I have found on how to do it, for the time being of course.

1. Open your "Android Market" or "Google Play" and do a search for "Dolphin Browser" and download it.
    (For ease on you droid users, click here)
  2. Once you have downloaded it, open it and at the welcome screen for the first time boot, there will a welcome screen, push "Start now"
  3. mark the check mark if you wish, but is not necessary, then push "Accept"
  4. You will then be taken to your settings menu, in this screen on option 2, you want to mark "Desktop" as your perfom as function. This will allow you to view the site as a normal site, and not as a mobile site.
  5. push "Next" on the top right corner.
  6. If you have the browser on your PC as well, it can keep sync of everything you do, this is again not necessary, if you choose not to, push "Skip" on upper right corner.
  7. You will be then taken to the Dolphin browsers home page. From here you should be able to just go to 420mag.com and go about your business as you usually did.

I hope this helps you for the time being til we get it situated on the web browsers.

Thanks man im in dolphin browser now and when I click gallery it still goes to the black/blue mobile phone gallery screen but ill just wait till its fixed to try :peace: :thanks:

Thanks man im in dolphin browser now and when I click gallery it still goes to the black/blue mobile phone gallery screen but ill just wait till its fixed to try :peace: :thanks:

High Mrgivemethat,

Sorry your having issues still, try to uninstall the browser so that all the settings reset.

OR

While in the browser, press on your menu key, select more, then settings. Scroll down to "setup wizard", select next 4x, you should be at "User Agent" on this section you should have "Desktop" selected. After you have finished with that, try again and you should be ok.

Can I please get an update on all Android users issues so I know what needs to be worked on at this moment.

Thank you all :thumb:

Pics stretch when trying to enlarge screen to magnify pictures. Can't rate or comment on pics, can't access my photos or any specific member's gallery, cant uplaod, drop down menus disappear too fast to make a selection unless in an area with a low data signal. All I can think of at the moment.

Im with bwc bayarea everything in the gallery or associated with it wont work and @ ASTONR420 :thanks: for all your help but even in dolphin browser HD I still get sent to mobile page I even tried a few other browsers with the same ending I wonder could a upload bar be put in the mobile gallery choice bar yeah if I click a picture in my journal or user cp it sends me to that same page but hopefully time will fix it, hopefully :Namaste:

Pics stretch when trying to enlarge screen to magnify pictures. Can't rate or comment on pics, can't access my photos or any specific member's gallery, cant uplaod, drop down menus disappear too fast to make a selection unless in an area with a low data signal. All I can think of at the moment.
Again, I refer you to the Dolphin browser. The pix still do a stretch, but you can zoom the page out and you will see the photo. I went on my droid and went through your gallery, rated and commented a photo. I can go in to any members gallery, you need to make sure that the settings of your dolphin browser are set to view web pages as a desktop page, not a android page, the pages will load the full HTML instead of loading the mobile site. Drop downs work fine in the Dolphin browser.

Please let me know if you need any further assitance.

I don't recall starting this thread. An administrator must have done this for me. Guess there was too much android talk in the New site feedback forum.
Yes, 420 started the thread for me to help all the droid users find a temporary solution til we can get the site done for desktop users, then we will start working on the mobile site.

Im with bwc bayarea everything in the gallery or associated with it wont work and @ ASTONR420 :thanks: for all your help but even in dolphin browser HD I still get sent to mobile page I even tried a few other browsers with the same ending I wonder could a upload bar be put in the mobile gallery choice bar yeah if I click a picture in my journal or user cp it sends me to that same page but hopefully time will fix it, hopefully :Namaste:

High Mrgivemethat,

Sorry your still having issues, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? I have gone through many members gallery's and commented in photos just to make sure I am not telling you all false information.

Please uninstall Dolphin browser and try do download and reinstall, don't forget to choose Desktop as your user agent.

I think I found out whats wrong, its my phone although I am using a android ive found out that sprint and others contract tier carriers of the android have better phones than the one I have (virgin mobile) I cant even google earth and my buddies android looks exactly like mine does but his is sprint and does alot more but thanks astron im gonna just get a better phone I harvest in 17 days:thumb:

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. I went over to a friends house, she has the same phone as you, the brick, I downloaded the Dolphin browser and came here on the site. Her phone worked fine on it. I was able to look at gallery's and everything. Maybe you should try to do a factory reset on your phone. Make sure you sync to Google so that you don't go and loose your contacts. But this is something that I do to my phone when something starts not working right.

You have to remember, these phones are like little computers with basic technology in them. So when they get overcrowded with cache's and temp files, on top of the apps that you DL and remove. It takes up memory, even after you delete them. Not to mention, if you do a factory reset, you should check for a software or firmware update. If you need help with getting to that, let me know and I can further assist you.

PS if your still going to go with getting a new phone. I have the HTC Wildfire, if your a heavy app user, don't get it. very low on the memory for those types of things. The Motorola Triumph is nice but has a very very very weak battery, it eats it up as fast as it charges, my friend has one and he is always at the plug with his phone. LOL anything. The slider of your phone is one of the better VM phones that they offer.

:peacetwo: again.

Well it will be a couple weeks till I get my new phone its gonna be a motorola photon but I tried factory reset and tried dolphin hd browser again and it still doesnt come in I guess im s.o.l for now (and a tear drops) I cleared everything and still blue and black mobile gallery thanks astonr ur the man + rep

Thanks so much for the info about Dolphin... I'm on a HTC EVO and was having the issues about the mobile gallery page, but Dolphin took care of it... Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom