Another indoor gardening noob

DougMcKokin

420 Member
Hi guys. Been reading posts here for a while, absorbing as much a I can and have decided to start a stealth cfl grow in a spare wardrobe(3plants). All seems to be going well as far as I can tell with me being new to this but i could be wrong so I would like to post pics and have the guys in the know give me their opinion. I have 2 autos, chemdawg and rhino Ryder, both indicas and a master Kush(photo) 80% indica...I think, that I started just coz I had the space. Lights are 2x125w 2700K 4x 45w 5500k & 1 6500k as well as a 75w led that I had lying around. Soil and nutes are all Biobizz, light mix, grow & bloom respectively. Water PH sits around 7 and I believe soil buffers PH so haven’t adjusted. Temp sits nicely at 26C too, grow space and water.Also have only taken a few leaves off before flowering to open up the canopy a little. Sorry if that’s too much info I would rather that than not enough...and I am a noob after all lol. Any advice welcome and thanks in advance. Pic of each plant. 1 of set up and a nugg from the chemdawg from 3 days ago.

C638355A-9AEB-45C1-9A8D-8A79E86B171E.jpeg

22231205-201F-4025-B85F-53D1AD040FAE.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

05618DFC-9957-416A-9FCD-A97C96A5F634.jpeg

:welcome:

welcome aboard Doug!! the journal section can be found in your green menu. look for a button that says "GROW" than grow journal. you'll get the hang of the site It's fairly easy. By the way great job on the stealth grow!

Thanks mocha that’s the kind of reply I hoped for. I wouldn’t know where to start with a journal but will figure it out. Don’t usually use online forums or any social media for that matter so I’m a noob at this too, wasn’t even sure the original post would work
Journals in Progress here's a link :popcorn: all you have to do is post a title in the bar "Thread Title" and then move to "message" and tell us all pertinent info :thumb:

I think you're thinking of 50 points to vote or enter a contest :thumb: I started a journal first thing when I got here. All I had to do was introduce myself :popcorn:
i think i had to do 50 posts. can't remember.

i am actually surprised on that with CFLs
Me too. He has the Wattage & Lumens but it's in high watt bulbs so the light doesn't spread all over the plant as much.
Most CFL growers I've come across have used a butt-load of 23 watt bulbs all around the plant because CFL's don't have much for penetration. You have to get pretty close with the lights & still not burn the plant.

Me too. He has the Wattage & Lumens but it's in high watt bulbs so the light doesn't spread all over the plant as much.
Most CFL growers I've come across have used a butt-load of 23 watt bulbs all around the plant because CFL's don't have much for penetration. You have to get pretty close with the lights & still not burn the plant.
i see purple in one of the pics and he too has a lot of cfls up.

I know one guy who uses 30 of the 23 watt CFL's & does great with them. He built a grow cabinet & the bulbs screw into the walls & ceiling. Actually looked pretty cool. He also adds Co2 using a Turbo bucket & makes wine at the same time.
The LED he said was 75 watts. Helps, but still not much.
But he's doing amazing so kudo's to him.

interesting!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @DougMcKokin

Yea man, your plants look very healthy to me and you really seem to be off to a great start, especially for your noob status.

I can certainly see a natural green thumb and a potentially great grower after you get a few more under your belt.

No worries whatsoever about throwing out lots of info as that's the perfect way to get these pro growers juices flowing and involved with helping your grow right off the rip...Props for that for sure my friend

:welldone:

Funny we're talking about lighting right after I posted lighting calculations in my journal. Guess it's an omen.
This guy is exactly why you started that journal brother...The more students for you to teach the better, it's your way of giving something back...Mad props Buds :love:

:bravo:

@DougMcKokin go check out Buds journal Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide for some great stuff to learn that will help you transition from a novice grower to an exceptional grower in no time...Really great stuff for you to learn in there.;)

Back
Top Bottom