Anxiety

I've had always kind of had an abnormal problem with anxiety, I was diagnosed with ADD when I was in 1st grade, and a few times since then, also with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) I first tried cannabis when I was 12, and ever since then, whenever I take those first few healing puffs of the sacred herb, my anxiety disappears and my attention is brought under control. My grades in school improved and my social life has been better ever since.

I don't live in a state where marijuana is accepted for medicinal purposes, but someday I hope my state of Texas will change those laws or I'll simply move to the state with the best MMJ laws so far, California. In the meantime, I shall continue doing what the great Dr. Martin Luther King once said...

"It is every man's moral obligation to break unjust laws!"

:peace:

I have a daily problem with anxiety that would become overpowering if I did not have cannabis. Cannabis is the only thing that calms my mind. Although, depending on the quality and strain I happen to have, it can make things better or worse. That is one of the reasons I started growing my own.

I have a daily problem with anxiety that would become overpowering if I did not have cannabis. Cannabis is the only thing that calms my mind. Although, depending on the quality and strain I happen to have, it can make things better or worse. That is one of the reasons I started growing my own.

^True that. A few different strains (the names of I don't know) seemed to set off my anxiety while most other strains I've smoked calm me down and allow me to focus and relax, allowing me to get through the day and get things done. I don't know what I would do without this wonderful plant. :ganjamon:

I too suffer from GAD, mainly social anxiety though and Cannabis has helped me loads. The best strains for me are a 50/50 cross to help with the back pain, but a full indica will chill me out perfectly. Sativas make my head go crazy if they are the wrong strain and can make me more anxious and paranoid. Just my 2 cents...

^True that. A few different strains (the names of I don't know) seemed to set off my anxiety while most other strains I've smoked calm me down and allow me to focus and relax, allowing me to get through the day and get things done. I don't know what I would do without this wonderful plant. :ganjamon:

Unfortunately, it's the same for me. Most purple strains make me feel anxious, which is a real bummer. I'd love to know why that is. But, I have many other choices, so I admire, but choose something else. :smokin:

:rollit:

While Anxiety can be triggered sometimes by certain Sativas, we must remember one very important thing... Anxiety is ALL in your head... 69% of all emergency room visits are from anxiety attacks and panic attacks. Panic attack is an anxiety attack gone wild.

I too suffer from anxiety at times. Cannabis is a thought process enhancer, so if you are already high strung to begin with, enhancing that thinking process can instigate a roller coaster of thoughts, especially if you are a negative thinker by default. What if this, what if that, what about this, what about that. Now amplify that times 20 and your body goes into overload and begins to show physical symptoms; shortness of breath, sweaty palms, feeling of nervousness, and much more. If you pay attention, you will notice that your breathing has become shallow, so you are basically depriving your brain of fuel (oxygen), while over working it to the extreme with all of the thinking. It's like racing your car engine to the max without any oil and/or fuel. What do you think will happen? Break down.

Here are the steps I take to stop anxiety when it begins.

1. Begin breathing deep, take long, deep breaths for a few minutes.

2. SHUT OFF ALL THINKING because THAT is what is sending you into Anxiety.
(tell yourself that whatever is getting you worked up cannot be solved at this very moment anyway, first you must become victorious over the anxiety, THEN you can deal with the issue at hand)

3. Go to your "safe place" in your mind and think of NOTHING but that.
(mine is surfing in tropical weather, watching pelicans fly by, fish jumping, the perfect wave coming for me)

For those who suffer greatly from anxiety, it is strongly advised to stick with more of an Indica or Indica/Sativa cross, until you are able to get your mind in control. Indica promotes more of a heavy body high and limits the thought process, while Sativa is more of a thought process enhancer, which is why most artists use it to bring out their creative side to manifest amazing works of music, film, paint and more. For the record, this website was created and is maintained on mostly Sativa, sometimes a cross, but rarely an Indica, that is mostly for sleep and pain. When you do smoke, don't smoke too much, that will also help. Some of us still live in the past with the mentality that we have to smoke a lot to get high, this is nonsense and can actually lead to lack of motivation and effect other areas of your life. Remember folks, YOU control YOU and NOBODY else. People go through years of counseling and pill addictions to learn these 3 easy steps. It really is this simple, I assure you.

That is all I have for now, thanks for opening up and discussing your issues with us, we are all here to learn and share and tackle these issues together.

Love & respect.

Ms. Fox - what strains do you get the most relief from and how do you use them?

I have the best results while smoking a strain that makes you feel plastered to whatever your sitting in. I had a 50/50 the other day that made me feel that way. I know that this particular plant was harvested at the latest stage of trich development. I rarely feel the effects of smoking the next day. This particular strain stayed with me until that next day. I felt a ton calmer and in control of myself. I have a hard time leaving the house sometimes, because I think something bad will happen. I seriously felt "normal".

I too suffer from GAD, mainly social anxiety though and Cannabis has helped me loads. The best strains for me are a 50/50 cross to help with the back pain, but a full indica will chill me out perfectly. Sativas make my head go crazy if they are the wrong strain and can make me more anxious and paranoid. Just my 2 cents...

I've had social anxiety my whole life. I remember when I was in elementary, middle, high school and I couldn't be myself, because I was soo nervous people wouldn't like me. I already assumed they wouldn't anyways. I still have an issue today with going into new places. I'm usually on the verge of a panic attack whenever I go to a new city, person's house, restaurant, bar, or club. I calm quickly, but I usually spend hours panicking before I even get there. Smoking completely cures me of this issue.

^^ Isn't funny how similar everybody is? I've never met you in person fox but i swear were the same person. I though i was "messed up" throughout school because i could never be myself. Instead of not saying anything i said too much and quickly turned into an outcast from the social "norm". And now im part of NORML, so i guess i really am normal! haha sorry for the lame pun, Cannabis makes me think in ways i never would/could before...

^ Yep! I totally getcha! ;-)

While Anxiety can be triggered sometimes by certain Sativas, we must remember one very important thing... Anxiety is ALL in your head... 69% of all emergency room visits are from anxiety attacks and panic attacks. Panic attack is an anxiety attack gone wild.

I too suffer from anxiety at times. Cannabis is a thought process enhancer, so if you are already high strung to begin with, enhancing that thinking process can instigate a roller coaster of thoughts, especially if you are a negative thinker by default. What if this, what if that, what about this, what about that. Now amplify that times 20 and your body goes into overload and begins to show physical symptoms; shortness of breath, sweaty palms, feeling of nervousness, and much more. If you pay attention, you will notice that your breathing has become shallow, so you are basically depriving your brain of fuel (oxygen), while over working it to the extreme with all of the thinking. It's like racing your car engine to the max without any oil and/or fuel. What do you think will happen? Break down.

(tell yourself that whatever is getting you worked up cannot be solved at this very moment anyway, first you must become victorious over the anxiety, THEN you can deal with the issue at hand)

(mine is surfing in tropical weather, watching pelicans fly by, fish jumping, the perfect wave coming for me)

For those who suffer greatly from anxiety, it is strongly advised to stick with more of an Indica or Indica/Sativa cross, until you are able to get your mind in control. Indica promotes more of a heavy body high and limits the thought process, while Sativa is more of a thought process enhancer, which is why most artists use it to bring out their creative side to manifest amazing works of music, film, paint and more. For the record, this website was created and is maintained on mostly Sativa, sometimes a cross, but rarely an Indica, that is mostly for sleep and pain. When you do smoke, don't smoke too much, that will also help. Some of us still live in the past with the mentality that we have to smoke a lot to get high, this is nonsense and can actually lead to lack of motivation and effect other areas of your life. Remember folks, YOU control YOU and NOBODY else. People go through years of counseling and pill addictions to learn these 3 easy steps. It really is this simple, I assure you.

That is all I have for now, thanks for opening up and discussing your issues with us, we are all here to learn and share and tackle these issues together.

Love & respect.

Thanks for the great info! I will try this out next time. ;-)

I suffer from ADHD, tourettes, bipolar II and Ms si you could say that I've got the jackpot lol.

IFor the first time I tried home grown MJ and the fellow told me it was potent. I felt good but my heart beat was around 100 for a few hours with a slight chess pain. I've applied for a legal license In Canada so would the indica strain be better in my case or a 50/50?
The BC supplier medicalmarihuana.ca supplies indica or sativa pure or a 50/50

thanks

Love & respect.
I do not doubt the veracity of your information, however I am one of those people that jedi mind tricks do not work on and Ativan/Lorazepam, works, but I have seen that others I know that went that way cannot go without it after having taken it for a while (yeah, it's really addictive)! I happen to be one of those few people that most prescription medicines end up having the opposite effect on after taking them once or twice. Therefore, the only safe method to relieve my anxiety is cannabis, specifically White Russian (which is also my choice for pain and insomnia, its just a matter of how much and/or by what method [i.e. vaporizer or eat]) because it brings my mind down below the speed limit and allows me to focus on whatever I choose!

Re: Anxiety and treatment

Hey everyone,
I personally choose to self medicate my anxiety with cannabis and have for about two years now. I really feel that my quality of life has improved. I have more confidence and more control over my anxiety.

I've found that smoking heavy indica's about an hour before I go to bed really helps me to stay asleep at night (I also have a sleeping disorder) while not making me feel too groggy in the morning.

I really like hybrids too for the weekends and if i want to be more up and about. They give me the control over my general anxiety and physical compulsions, but clearer focus and no loss of motivation.

I kind of just found what works for me through experimentation. Try different strains in different habits!

Thanks to everyone posting their different experiences on here, its really great.

I wish i could get my med license, .. it just depends on the strain. I never know what i'm smoking ( indica or sativa ), like alot of others have said sometimes it helps a lot then another times it worsens it. When i do fine a good strain i tend to keep it for myself. Theres no way to tell indica from sativa just looking at the buds eh>?

indica usually smells pungent, while sativa usually smells fruity... then there are crosses that smell like both... it's hard to tell by looking at the flowers, but if you can get a glimpse at the plants, sativas grow tall and skinny with long skinny leaves, while indica grows shorter and bushier with shorter, fatter leaves... ultimately, you want to either grow your own or designate a caregiver to be sure of what you are getting... you will have it in new york soon, just a matter of time now... try using the delivery services there, i used to make appearances at shows in new york over ten years ago and they had them then, they should be everywhere by now... ask someone in the entertainment industry to give you a referral...

hello all;

for anxiété:
by my trade I meet many anxious or depressive people nervously. Some are cannabiculteurs..
me even I make party of 1 "House-Med". The choice of seed must be ultra precision ! ;) And for its personal sensitivity !
The SATORI, very good for anxiety, functions on 8 people out of 10 but there exist always other people or the result is opposite !?! Parano, oppression, ect... or quite simply not adze of THC !!!
to choose for 1 another person is impossible….
(me = I CAN consume THAT MilkyWay, Chemdawg, SkonkKiller and Afghan or 1 little Hawaiian Kona,
point ! All remainder (OG, Fruity-Thai, Haze, SSH, AK47, Colombian, Bubblegum, C99, TW, SensiStar, etc… NOT! & BLUEBERRY TOO :rolleyes3 ) that is not too 1 history of Sativa or Indica but of HOW the effects are felt by the brain ! Assimilated by your organizm ! Alleviating for your problem ! Each person is single….
Any overdose can worsen the anxiety…

many people appreciate Blueberry, SwissBliss, Kalichakra, BubbaKush and Ice Queen for anxiety. Their effect is adze powerful without being killer and their specificity works well for the anxiety. I add Chemdawg, SkonkKiller & MilkyWay !!!! LOL !!!! Very nice genetics for anxiety...FOR ME !!!!!!!
;) LOL

I do not know if that will help you ?
but that is 1 personal research…

respect,
ciao,

chan.

I have had panic attacks since I bought my first house (something to do with being tied down?), and general anxiety my whole life.

I'm one of the ones too that cannot "come down" by turning off the the brain - once it would start, it would keep on for hours unless I took an alprazolam. Before I knew what was going on, and before I had zanax, I actually thought the skipping heartbeats meant I was going to die, and had pretty much accepted death since I had those feelings so often.

Then I found antianxiety meds - I really thought zanax and the others were wonder drugs when I first started them - one at night would help keep the anxiety away for the entire next day.

However, over the years they started helping less, and I noticed an increase in depression symptoms with their use.

Now that I'm growing though, and can tell when I'm smoking indica or sativa, it's pretty obvious that indica helps, and sativa can aggravate it if I smoke too much.

I've cut way down on the zanax, and feel much better than I have in years with indica therapy. I can't even remember the last time my heart skipped beats, and that is a wonderful thing.

Back
Top Bottom