Any idea what the deficiency here is?

GenerosityP

Strain = cheese (not exactly sure what kind)
4 weeks into flowering
Clone is large rockwool cube then placed in clay pebbles. Grown in bubbler. Top fed until about two weeks ago. Stopped top feeding because roots are massive in bucket. White, healthy and strong. Roots touch, but are not immersed in bucket. One to two large airstones are in bucket running on an air pump 24 hours misting nice little bubbles of oxygen. Check pH and PPM nearly daily. Use Botanicare (pro-gro and pro-bloom). Decrease the amount of gro throughout flower cycle. Run PPM anywhere from 900 low to a high of about 1400. Change nutes every week. Plants in flower room total 6 (2 rows each with 3 plants in row). Plants are housed under two HPS 1000 watt bulbs hooked up to light rails. Also have a stationary 1000 watt HPS in middle. Pictures of plant with problems is in front row on left. The leaves showing problems are in the middle (not low, not high). However a few tops that would start getting nice and sticky are dried and dead, like tiny little balls of puff that when touched are dry. Should I cut these off? Any ideas?
2013-12-08_09_56_06.jpg
2013-12-08_09_55_25.jpg
2013-12-08_09_56_13.jpg

Re: Any idea what the deficiency here is???

i have no idea as i have no experience with ------------ , at first glance i thought heat stress but since it is in the middle that seems unlikely
looks rough,at least i can bump your post so that an elder may notice
take care and good luck

edit-for some reason i cannot use bub ble pon ics in a sentence

I'm not familiar with that grow style either.

What has your pH been running? Just this one plant out of six has this problem?

What have your temperatures been? Is the temperature the same at different points in the room - the top level of the canopy, middle of the foliage, etc? Do you have fans in the room making sure the air flow is good and preventing heat spots?

Three 1000 watt HPS for 6 plants? :thedoubletake: That seems like a lot.

What's the pH? Looks liks pH flux, severe. Also think 1400 ppm is way too high if your meter is a .5 conversion from EC. Cut off any dead material. Reduce ppm to 900 and keep pH at 5.8. If roots are healthy white she will stay with you but a lot of damage has been done. What are your temps in there?

Back
Top Bottom