What's happening here: deficiency?

Crane

These are RQS Criticals from seed. Vegged for 6 weeks,now two weeks into 12/12. Growing in 3 gal containers, Biobizz all-mix,ferts Biobizz Grow and Bloom, following the feeding schedule with every other watering with ferts. Water balanced to pH 6.2. Light is a Mars Hydro Cree Pro II 600 W. Lights on temps about 76. They got a dose of extra CalMag one week into flower.

Everything went well this far, I have a scrog net under which I've been bending them. Now some of the mid leaves have been developing these rusty blotches. It's weird because it is affecting just some MID leaves? So nayone have any ideas what this could be?

Attachments

• IMG_20190530_221535.jpg
    IMG_20190530_221535.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20190530_221540.jpg
    IMG_20190530_221540.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20190530_221544.jpg
    IMG_20190530_221544.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 207
So I'm pretty sure after a lot if googling that this is calcium deficiency? It only shows up on leaves that are getting light and are still growing. The problem being that it's still spreading even after two doses of CalMag... I'm lowering my water pH with a self-made solution of water and citric acid, I was thinking could that somehow cause the soil pH to go too low over time? Because low soil pH causes calcium deficiency,yes? Rinsing the medium out is pretty much impossible now because of the scrog net which is attached to the grow closet walls, so everything is pretty much unmovable in there :(

The plants are now beginning their third week of flowering and the stretch is still going.

Thanks! I'm thinking about some way that I could manage a flush... I'm just wondering why I keep on bumping into these deficiency/whatever problems usually at this same point of a grow? This is my fourth grow and at early flower the problems seem to always start. This grow I started adjusting the pH and at first it seemed to work: for the first 6-7 weeks the plants looked really healthy all over :(

Thanks! I'm thinking about some way that I could manage a flush... I'm just wondering why I keep on bumping into these deficiency/whatever problems usually at this same point of a grow? This is my fourth grow and at early flower the problems seem to always start. This grow I started adjusting the pH and at first it seemed to work: for the first 6-7 weeks the plants looked really healthy all over :(

You could try a Living Organic Soil No-till grow as long as you can manage a minimum of a 15 gallon fabric pot in your grow space.
You just grow soil, then let the soil and critters do all the work for you.
No worries about pH or feeding too much or not enough, just water and sit back and watch.

did you grow the same strain through these grows?

Ok it is done, the most laborous flush in cannabis growing history. I used towels to wick the runoff water I flushed with maybe 5 gallons and after that gave normal amount of ferts and Calmag. Fingers crossed... I guess more flush water would have been good but this was all I could manage. The run off had a pretty strong color to it so there really must have been quite a lot of stuff in there. For the next grow I have to come up with some way of flushing more frequently.

So could it be said that a flush would be a good strategy to do once a month or so? I always water from the bottom, I just pour the water in the big plastic pail that I have the containers sitting in, maybe this causes buildup faster because there's practically no runoff ever?

I am slow to learn but there's beginning to be quite a list of do's and don'ts that I've learned the hard way :)

In soil flushing doesn't do what you think it does.

Looks like you have a water issue.

The water you're using is it being filtered somehow??

I use RO water - took care of all those issues you are having.

Specially when you're using bottled fertilizers - the water has minerals in it as well. Some of them will react chemically with your bottled nutrients.

Its just chemistry.

VERY likely its the water is your issue.

You've had the same problem multiple grows its gotta be water related.

Look into "RO Buddie" $50 - good drinking water too.

If your plants dont like it, prolly not that healthy for you either!

Food for thought.

bro, you have to calmag every feed, at least 200PPMs worth a week. When flower starts they eat it up really fast. Week 5 flower, back off calmag, and use just Mag, or epsom salt.

Back
Top Bottom