Any ideas on this seedling?

Redrocket11

check1.jpg

Hello! this is my first grow and I'm using DWC bubbler buckets. I have 1000watt MH lighting at 40inches away(also did hand test). The temps are holding between 85-79 and the humidity is around 60-70%. I had some humidity issues the first day I transplanted my girls from the propagator to the buckets themselves which I think I caused some issues. The humidity got down around 20% for about half of a day. I am using a VERY weak nute solution apx 1/8 of the recommendations of the bottle. I have this plant that is looking a little funny and I was wondering if an experienced grower could tell me what they think. Thank you so much!

In the picture you have it in it is Hps lighting. 1000 watt light is a whole lot of light to sprout a seedling under.

Try getting a cfl bulb in the 5000-6500k spectrum color and a 26 watt bulb should be good. I am not a hydro guy but I think you could have waited to drop those lings into the bucket. Not quite ready I don't think.

Good Luck.

Yeah I think you might be right about moving them too soon. Next grow I'm going to wait it out a little longer. I think I got a little excited on this one when I saw the first leaves starting to dry out I plopped them in the buckets.

Ya it's gettin fried. Put it under a waay smaller light until she's 6inches or so. Also you dont need any nutes yet, they tend to stunt root development this early, in my experience.

Yeah I think you might be right about moving them too soon. Next grow I'm going to wait it out a little longer. I think I got a little excited on this one when I saw the first leaves starting to dry out I plopped them in the buckets.

Not necessarily to soon to put them in buckets. I start my seeds in rockwool and put the rockwool into my buckets immediately and keep them there until I harvest them. Some plants just get a little deformed when they are young. I bet it'll straighten itself out in just a few weeks.
I also agree with Snafu that too much lighting could be a problem. I'm using just a regular old household lamp with a CFL and pure (Ph'ed) water until it gets about 3-5 inches tall then I will switch to my 4 light CFL and start adding weak nutes very gradually.

Back
Top Bottom