Anyone ever used exhale for co2?

pilot90

co23.jpg
ok i still trying to fig the picture thing out . but just wonderd if anyone had ever used this before.

Just curious, why not make your own CO2?

And the information about this product, is obviously misleading and false, just read the directions.

You can make your own CO2, cheap, effective, and to order...with a little sugar, yeast and water...

Just curious, why not make your own CO2?

This is why I do not make my own CO2, over just 1 year it comes to less than $20.00 a month and 30 minutes total time. Spread it out over 2 years and it is closer to $10.00 a month and 2-3 minutes of time a month. After initial investment $6.50 a month and 2 minutes or less in time.

$150.00 for setup ( tank, timer , pressure gauge , tubing and flow meter) and $13.00 every 8 weeks for refills.

They usually run $170.00 - $220.00 for setup, wait till you see on sale for $149.00.... 3-4 times a year you can get at this price.

Picture_00276.JPG

Shown, Active Air CO2 System (.2 - 2 cfh) Manufacturer: Hydrofarm SKU: eco-4543,tubing,regulator, flow meter and timer. This setup is for a 10x10 room. Got on sale 3 years ago for $89.00 ( $120.00 not on sale now ) and tank on sale at a beer supply company in Denver for $60.00 (used, new are about $110.00). Active Air also has 1-20 cfh also for a couple of dollars more.

WillyB

I'm sorry, but all I'm reading is poor justification there, and something about you spent a ton of money for CO2, that I make for literally $25 a year...I make one simple drip flow...Never tend it more than to empty the drip container when the alcohol builds...and that's only as often as I change the water in my system..it truly only takes me 2 minutes to walk it to the toilet and dump it....

Personally, I won't use a tank, or anything pressurized like that...

I'm sorry, but all I'm reading is poor justification there, and something about you spent a ton of money for CO2, that I make for literally $25 a year...I make one simple drip flow...Never tend it more than to empty the drip container when the alcohol builds...and that's only as often as I change the water in my system..it truly only takes me 2 minutes to walk it to the toilet and dump it....

Personally, I won't use a tank, or anything pressurized like that...

One good reason to use a tank instead of the sugar water & yeast method is the ability to scale. How many 5 gallon buckets (or 55 gallon drums) of sugar water & yeast would be required to supply co2 to a chamber of say, 5x10, or a room of 10x10? The same applies to this Exhale device. It's probably adequate for a small area, but then you have to start adding more and more of them as operations grow.

Of course, a good portion of people want to keep things small and personal, so the first consideration when evaluating co2 enhancement systems should be, "How much co2 do I need, and how much will I need in the future?", just like any piece of equip used in the grow. This device looks promising to me for the small grower who doesn't want to fuss with the sugar water & yeast. Convenience costs money, and some folks are willing and happy to pay for that.

I've heard the sugar water & yeast method works pretty well, although I've never used it myself & went with a tank. Most of the cost for a tank system is a one time, up front expense, which is easily offset by the increased yields in one grow. After that, I view it as just a maintenance cost of doing business, much like nutrients and electricity. I'm glad I went this route, but I do not think I would recommend a tank system for the small & personal grower, primarily because the end goals are different. Even tanks have their limits. The very large operations usually have burners to create their own co2. But who knows? Maybe a swimming pool out back full of sugar water & yeast might be sufficient and cost effective; I can't say myself.

I don't have a problem with pressurized tanks or things like that. Can they be dangerous? Sure, I suppose if not handled properly, but to be honest, I'm more concerned about burning myself with the battery acid I use to bring my pH down in my nute solution, but that should be a different thread, eh?

I guess I should take into account the fact that I have a lot of experience in fermentation and distillation and know pretty much off the top of my head exactly how much each fermenting bottle will produce. I've used this my entire life growing so it's second nature to me.

I use a very simple method with 1 liter bottles, a few holes drilled in the cap and a balloon over the top of the cap with tiny holes punched thru it. As soon as the balloon fails to hold pressure, it's no longer producing co2 and needs to be changed. The pressure and amount of co2 can also be measured this way by the expansion of the balloon from the pressure the balloon is able to withstand and the amount of holes in it.

But I've never grown more than 12 at once, so I cannot speak for any larger areas..I just don't like the idea of a potentially explosive tank in my home. It's not the tank I don't trust, it's the menial drunken worker making $3 an hour to assemble that tank that irks me.

I use Apple Cider vinegar to lower my PH, always worked great...but I moved from hydro to soil as I found I prefer the taste more, and I now grow 100% organic...and I don't think vinegar would work very well in any hydro system as it'd just be right back where it was a few hours later..

So you don't use a digital controller or meter for your C02? I'm not opposed to tank systems, but I do like being being as self sufficient as possible....How long do you think it takes to see a real ROI with the tank?

I like the CO2 Boost Bucket, but the Exhale bag lasts twice as long and is alot cheaper. Seems to work alright for me. Exhale bag is better than nothing for small areas an then I put more in larger areas.

twyzt3d, how much co2 per square feet does a 1 leter bottle produce? Is it enough for one, two plants, etc?

My idea was to use a gallon container, drill a hole in the cap, run a rub into a smaller bottle that has two holes in it. The hose from the galon goes into the smaller container, which has a bit of water in it. That same hose goes into that water. Another hose goes into the other hole in the smaller container, but only in about two inches. This hose has large holes drilled in it, and runs through the plants and ends at the tops of the plants.

So long as I see air bubbles in the water, I know co2 is being produced, but I like the ballon idea as well.

I was thinking of testing how much co2 is produce with a box of baking soda and a small bottle of vinager. I have no idea how to test how much is produced, though.

Back
Top Bottom