Anyone grown Northern Lights outdoors?

Phillybonker

I read that Northern Lights was breed to be a indoor plant, I grow outdoors and I live in a area that gets wet and humid last half of bloom so I'm interested to know how Northern Lights holds up against bud rot/botrytis.

Anyone tried growing it outdoors?,and in what type of climate?

Hi Phil. I grew a NL Auto outside last year in Eastern Ontario. This was under an 8x12 hoop tube, so no rain at all, and the hoop-tube is built on a raised plywood platform. I get no rot or molding with this strategy, even with photo period plants that flower into October.

I read that Northern Lights was breed to be a indoor plant, I grow outdoors and I live in a area that gets wet and humid last half of bloom so I'm interested to know how Northern Lights holds up against bud rot/botrytis.

Hi PB, I'm growing a northern lights outdoor atm in Australia. Had it under lights for a month to get a headstart on the growing season. Put it in the ground on oct 1st and its already 2ft tall, by this time my plants are usually only a few inches. This is gonna be a monster plant. I'm not sure my shade house will be tall enough, its 2.8m. Have to wait and see.

I grew Northern Light (Canuk Seeds) last year in Southern Ontario(near Toronto) and didn‘t harvest her until almost the end of October. Stayed pretty short, was a clone as well but got 900g wet. Don’t remember any bud rot issues but a little wpm occasionally here or there.
IMG_4481.jpeg
IMG_4482.jpeg
IMG_4492.jpeg

Hey philly, did you end up putting the northern lights in the ground? If so how is it doing?

Back
Top Bottom