Best outdoor strain for a temperate maritime climate?

Phillybonker

Examples of temperate maritime climates are Northern California, southern Alaska, Netherlands, New Zealand, UK and Ireland.

I'm looking for a outdoor strain that does better than most strains in wet, humid, temperate climates. Has anyone grown such a strain?

Interesting question. But that seems like a really wide variety of climates.

Sensi seeds has some really interesting "climatised" strains from global cross breeding. These hybrids are for example sativas and indicas that grow in most climates: Take a look at Sensi's Mexican Sativa, Jamaican Pearl, Afghani #1, Durban. Mr. Nice seedbanks also has an incredible portfolio of outdoor seeds.

Best of luck on your search

Interesting question. But that seems like a really wide variety of climates.

Sensi seeds has some really interesting "climatised" strains from global cross breeding. These hybrids are for example sativas and indicas that grow in most climates: Take a look at Sensi's Mexican Sativa, Jamaican Pearl, Afghani #1, Durban. Mr. Nice seedbanks also has an incredible portfolio of outdoor seeds.

Best of luck on your search
Thanks for the information and sorry for the late reply.

Maybe look towards something from the emerald triangle. When I watch the documentaries on TV it's always wet. Those guys have been breeding for those conditions for a while now.
I forgot all about this thread. You're right about ET, they are UK based, so they must breed to UK conditions like real gorilla seeds.

If you're in one of those places going with a strain developed there never hurts. Alaska- alaskan thunderfuck, ak47, etc - nor cal - big bud, trainwreck, etc.

What about very mold resistant strains and then put a hoop house over your plants with a large fan on each end, one facing in, one facing out to keep a strong airflow,
LST the plants, put a SCROG over them to keep buds separated and do mild defoliation.

There are some funky plants that produce tiny buds, like Dr. Grinspoon which is just tiny little grape like buds

1626645202252.png

If that doesn't work then stop growing outside.

If you're in one of those places going with a strain developed there never hurts. Alaska- alaskan thunderfuck, ak47, etc - nor cal - big bud, trainwreck, etc.
I'm not sure why Afghan kush and original skunk are listed as mold resistant, Affie and skunk have a reputation for being susceptible to grey mold.

If you have issues with humidity outdoors you’ll want a faster finishing strain so you aren’t getting into fall humidity with big buds and/or some disease resistance.

Pineapple Express is a (7-8wks apparantly) fast finisher I am currently growing outdoors right now in my journal.

Some reportedly disease resistance strains:
Papaya
Pineapple chunk
Purple punch

If you have issues with humidity outdoors you’ll want a faster finishing strain so you aren’t getting into fall humidity with big buds and/or some disease resistance.

Pineapple Express is a (7-8wks apparantly) fast finisher I am currently growing outdoors right now in my journal.

Some reportedly disease resistance strains:
Papaya
Pineapple chunk
Purple punch

Back
Top Bottom