Are my clones ok? please help

So 10 days ago I had to make some clones because a light fell on some plants knocking off tons of branches. It was my first time making clones.

Here is some recent pics as some of the leaves have begun to yellow, which is usually a good sign that they are rooting (i think). however they are also accompanied my some small necrosis brown spots.

Yesterday I pulled off the domes for like 3 hours to see if they would wilt. about 5 out of 17 did not wilt the rest did a lot. I checked 2 days ago for roots undernieth but found none.

They are in 2 inch rockwool cubes with a half inch of perlite under them.

Need some help and advice. Thanks guys.

DSCN5392.JPG
DSCN53871.JPG
DSCN5384.JPG

Re: Are my clones ok? please help.

its not mildew its just b-1 or superthrive dried out.

How can it be a shortage of water? The cubes have never dried out and the domes were always covered in condensation.

Looks like some sort of nutrient defeciency, i thought it looked like Mn - manganese for some reason seems a bit odd tho in less the origanil plant these cuttings came from was suffering a defeciency at that time ?

As rockwool in an inert medium don't you have monitor PH & stuff or even use a nutrient solution suitable for cuttings ?

it looks kinda like mag def to me too. The mothers do not suffer from that though. The little brown dots have occured only on the healthiest cuttings. The ones that barely need a humidity dome still.

I wet the cubes and foliar spray with a mix of B-1 (which has some cal mag and other trace nutes), superthrive, a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide, and i think i put in a small bit of silica too and of course 90% of the spray is water that is roughly 6.5 ph.

I could mix a tiny bit of either fish poop thats 5-1-1, some casting/blood/bone/feather meal thats 5-3-3, as those are my two nutes which are nitrogen heavy. I have other nutes like 0-8-0 bat guano, my silica is 0-0-3, my molasses is like 1-1-4.

I never give them actual nutes because most everyone says not to. I just give them superthrive, b-1, silica and hydrogen peroxide.

I ran a test today and roughly 9 of the 17 where able to stay without a dome showing no signs of wilt for about 2 hours. The 4 or 5 showing this slight yellowing and possible mag def where of the 9 that lived without humidity dome.

I still see no roots under anything however...

Severe Mn - manganese defeciency often resembles severe Mg - magnesium defeciency !

You could try epsom salts used as a spray foliar feed for more rapid up take of nutrients tho or look around for a good micro nutrient solution with chelated nutrients in it.

P.s most dirt growers normally would not use rockwool for cuttings/clones more of hydro thing... but can be used as a sunstitute, jiffy pellets, root roit cubes etc would be a tad better tho.

As your clones are in 4 inch cube you will be hard pressed to see roots for a while yet, bearing in mind most clones/cuttings are placed in a starter cube/plug which is normally 1 inch wide, roots would normally be visible after 10 to 14 days on average.

Well I just bought a big thing of the smaller 1 inch rockwool cubes.

Imma toss in a tiny pinch of Azomite into my spray bottle along with the other stuff. That stuff has all the micro nutes that could be needed.

But ya buying these huge rockwool cubes to make clones was a pretty stupid idea. I got a feeling that the ones showing a little mag def are just rooted and wanting some nutes. I am gonna test them along with the others i think might be rooted. See how long they can be without the dome, or if they even need it anymore.

A foliar feed should perk things up a bit, the leafs showing defeciencys will more than likely not fully recover tho but new growth should be uneffected :thumb:

I hope it all turns out well & look fowards to a positive out come.

The guys at the clone store said they thought they would be fine and said sometimes it can take them like 14 even 20 days to get roots sometimes and they are the clone pros so I am not gonna sweat it.

However they also said helix is a bitch to clone (bitch to grow too from my experience) so they had some doubts the Helix clones would take :(. 11 of the 17 clones are helix too lol.

Back
Top Bottom