Are my leaves edges too bright green and if so why?

Remember the part about being very new?.... It may work - it may be a problem too. Biodegradable pots dry out too quickly now but later they may hold too much moisture when repotted and not allow the roots to breath, or it may introduce organic material into a sterile hydro grow. Yes coco is passive hydro it’s gotta be bottle fed ... coco is not soil and doesn’t have microbes to break stuff down into food for the plant.

Remember the part about being very new?.... It may work - it may be a problem too. Biodegradable pots dry out too quickly now but later they may hold too much moisture when repotted and not allow the roots to breath, or it may introduce organic material into a sterile hydro grow. Yes coco is passive hydro it’s gotta be bottle fed ... coco is not soil and doesn’t have microbes to break stuff down into food for the plant.
Would you suggest not using the biodegradable pots? I'm fully open to suggestions as I am new and I thought I was being smart by taking this option to avoid any transplant shock as I'm not experienced with transplanting yet.. Wanted to play it safe

Thanks for your help, it is a hell of a learning experience still but so far I'm glad the feeding yesterday has shown good results

How long have you been growing? Just wondering why you think it's okay to feed seedlings when they're getting burnt?
I'm not trying to put you down, just trying to get a feel for your experience :passitleft:

For new growers, those little round leaves (cotyledons) are like a horses feed sack :morenutes:when they start turning yellow they're getting empty, so a little foods good at that point :thumb:

When I first grew in coco, I made the mistake of not watering with cal-mag twice a day, and they looked like that, after I fed them a little too much, trying to fix the "yellow" ...you can not let coco dry out, you have to water with cal-mag and very small amounts of nutrients at first and go up from there, the water/food has to be PHed to 5.6.to 5.8 every time
Also I forgot to mention, the feeding was very early in, like day 2 and it was my stupidity and inexperience is all.. I waited maybe 2 weeks before feeding again after just watering them with pH'd water for the duration of the time. I decided to feed when I noticed the leaves turning lighter green. Sorry if I hadn't made it clearer before.

No worries bro. I’m not sure... I’m kidding you about being new, especially since I’ve been here less than a year. I tried some crazy experiments... using soda bottles as mini greenhouse, trying to use damp porous sponge to root plants and it cost me time, money, beans and real progress. I merely wanted to call it out, not to embarrass you - but to get eyes and brains on the biodegradable pot issue.

part of the problem is many new people plus the grow shop hydro sales person think coco is the same as soil or a more eco friendly version. But it’s not - soil & coco are both brown and grow plants but that’s where similarities end. Never give plain ph water to coco, always give quarter strength nutes ph 5.6 to 5.8 every time.

I’m a soil grower & have cursory knowledge of coco or hydro but Nutty Professor & Mochabud are way more skilled than I in every type of media or grow style.

Depends if you really need this harvest to go off without any issues then yes I would remove the bio-pot at upcan. However if you have several plants and want to experiment- then yes leave it in place and please keep us in the loop!

It's a biodegradable planter :popcorn: I use them in my outside veggie garden, well, I start them in those then transplant the whole deal into the ground

That's terrible :thedoubletake: I've never used them for cannabis :hmmmm:
yes i think i germinated seeds, they germed ok but these pots dry super fast, they go hard so they dont prune i thought they would but they just make a tiny mess of the root system , this was under a t5 and still dried them out ,

yes i think i germinated seeds, they germed ok but these pots dry super fast, they go hard so they dont prune i thought they would but they just make a tiny mess of the root system , this was under a t5 and still dried them out ,
:rofl: I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh :rofl: I can vision the roots looking like my dog trying to get through the back door with a stick that's too big...boink...boink :rofl:

:nerd-with-glasses:Okay, I'm good now :rofl: ...they actually fall apart when they're in the ground, kinda like wet cardboard :thumb:

t
hey actually fall apart when they're in the ground, kinda like wet cardboard :thumb:
That's why I chose them, I hoped they would just fall apart and melt into the pot. While I was waiting for them to arrive i actually planted my seed in an egg carton and then when the pots arrived switched them over. I'm a little hesitant to check the roots but I would assume it should have melted the pot up a little by now

Would you advise against biodegradable pots? I checked on my plants this morning and they all see to be very happy, no changes in colour of the leaves but there's no further light green change etc but they're praying to the light so to speak, not as much as the photo I posted yesterday but I think they were just super happy to receive a feeding

That's why I chose them, I hoped they would just fall apart and melt into the pot. While I was waiting for them to arrive i actually planted my seed in an egg carton and then when the pots arrived switched them over. I'm a little hesitant to check the roots but I would assume it should have melted the pot up a little by now

Would you advise against biodegradable pots? I checked on my plants this morning and they all see to be very happy, no changes in colour of the leaves but there's no further light green change etc but they're praying to the light so to speak, not as much as the photo I posted yesterday but I think they were just super happy to receive a feeding
Everyone has their own methods, and if it works for you :thumb: ...I've been growing for about 14 years now, and I've tried several types and styles of growing, all in an experiment to see what worked best for me. So if it's working for you, I'm not going to suggest you switch. Instead, learn to read your ladies, what they want and when they want it...and then you can try something else later on down the road :high-five:

Myself, I've tried hydro, coco coir, aeroponics, organics, and finally Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I still use organics outside for my veggies and fruits, but I use FFOF and Mega Crop for my indoor garden, and I still use those biodegradable pots to start my veggies...matter of fact we have some garlic bulbs getting ready for planting outside that are in those pots:thumb:

Germinator ! ill be back :cheesygrinsmiley: .... Arnie voice please lol

these were old seeds , very old

P1100211.JPG

P1100214.JPGP1100215.JPGP1100213.JPGP1100212.JPG

Awesome man, I feel after foaling twice before my reading of the plants has gotten slightly better but I still have a lot more mistakes to make before I'm fully comfortable with it.

I appreciate the help and your Input on this guys, it's been very helpful
I have also been planning to grow things along side my girls to use the space a little better.

Best of luck professor! Loving those beautiful little heads peaking up above the medium. Also if you ever need an Arnie sound clip, let me know.. I'll throw something together for you;)

Hey Apple,

I love the little peat pucks but every time I’ve used them I’ve had failures... then I learned to cut the membrane skin off before transplanting. Roots are supposed to grow thru the skin... I’ve seen pics of others who used the pucks on our crop but they have always caused problems for me.... anyway best of luck!
Oh damn.. I was actually looking at peat pucks but in glad you gave warning before I went and spent time and money on them. Would you say they're successful as long as the membrane has been removed? Or just best to dodge them entirely?

They work ok but I soak for 24 and pop in 20 ounce Solo or Dixie cups of soil. On photoperiods most here practice upcan so start in 20 ounce cups when it’s time & your plant leaves extend beyond edges we jump to 1 gallon do the same get her rootbound & leaves extended beyond edges then last jump upcan to a large final container. For soil 5 gallons is kinda small for a whole grow most need 7.5 or bigger. Helps to lighlty score roots with knife at last 2 upcans - encourages roots to take over new home

For autos just 1 upcan from cup to large final container or just start in large final contsiner but then you got learn how to water small plant in big bucket otherwise problems with overwatering.

read 2 articles on watering by Emilya I’m gonna link one but find other in her signature line

Emilya water potted plant. The other is how to water auto or small plant in large container

Back
Top Bottom