Are my leaves edges too bright green and if so why?

AppleBucket

Hey guys!

So I started some GSC photoperiods a couple weeks ago and I did make a tiny error in the start by feeding it super diluted nutes just to maybe help boost the early growth hense the burned tips but in looking at my seedling and I'm a little concerned that there's something wrong.

The outer edges are quite light and maybe I am doing something wrong..

Im growing in bio bizz coco mix and I have only given it very very light feedings with bio bizz products.. Possibly 1/9 strength if even that. I'm worried maybe I should start feeding more?

Im trying to prevent any issues early on so I don't have to fix them later!

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_171933.jpg
    IMG_20201012_171933.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 42
Heya, I'm no expert but have done my research,and lost one healthy seedling recently around 6" high due to one feeding.
Just burns the roots
It slowly wilted and dried crusty no matter what i did.
Attempted saving sooner in my case may have helped if approached sooner
It was re-poted,rinsed,flushed,removed from direct light to closet for a time.
The root ball was quite small and indicates to me how fragile and delicate seedlings are.
If your plant continues to wilt,I would wash the roots and pop it in a hydro cloner on low light like mine
Best of luck and good wishes to you
The pros will give you good advice..they are amazing :circle-of-love:

Attachments

• 20201011_131711.jpg
    20201011_131711.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 23
Thank you bro, will keep an eye on them.
The nutrient burn was from quite early on like day 3 after the seed had sprouted and if it continues further I'll flush and give it a light feeding later down the time appreciate the response

Not a pro by any stretch, just a soil grower but this part I know. Don’t flush that plant

Ok coco is not soil, technically it’s a hydro grow format, coco looks like soil but it’s totally different. Coco is inert there’s zero nutrients for your plant so it must be bottle fed those bio-biz nutes you have. Plants in coco need to be fed quarter strength nutes every day. Coco can not be allowed to dry out completely. It does not need the wet dry cycle like soil. If coco dries out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. In fact no plain water you will always feed or fertigate coco with weak nutes.... again no plain water.

mix up a batch of quarter strength solution and feed your plants ASAP. Then tomorrow shout out to Bluter - let him correct what I wrote here and if anything is wrong then do whatever he says. I’m soil guy but Bluter knows this stuff inside & out

also ask Bluter about that funky seedling fiber pot thingy. Roots are supposed to grow thru that but roots can’t handle exposure to light. I’m guessing he will tell you to upcan or transplant that

Not a pro by any stretch, just a soil grower but this part I know. Don’t flush that plant

Ok coco is not soil, technically it’s a hydro grow format, coco looks like soil but it’s totally different. Coco is inert there’s zero nutrients for your plant so it must be bottle fed those bio-biz nutes you have. Plants in coco need to be fed quarter strength nutes every day. Coco can not be allowed to dry out completely. It does not need the wet dry cycle like soil. If coco dries out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. In fact no plain water you will always feed or fertigate coco with weak nutes.... again no plain water.

mix up a batch of quarter strength solution and feed your plants ASAP. Then tomorrow shout out to Bluter - let him correct what I wrote here and if anything is wrong then do whatever he says. I’m soil guy but Bluter knows this stuff inside & out

also ask Bluter about that funky seedling fiber pot thingy. Roots are supposed to grow thru that but roots can’t handle exposure to light. I’m guessing he will tell you to upcan or transplant that
Hi mate, sorry this was with another plant that I was having a nitrogen deficiency with, I found the plant has already bounced back which is awesome.

The seedling in the pic got a 1/4 feeding last night and the leaves are facing up now praying to the sun, I worry it might be too much praying or that I messed up somewhere but at the same time, it's looking happiest ever it looked sincei planted it

Attachments

• IMG_20201013_075720.jpg
    IMG_20201013_075720.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201013_075653.jpg
    IMG_20201013_075653.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 27
why feed so early, they fade if hungry slightly yellow
this is the plants food in seedling , when these two leaves fade a bit she is hungry , Chlorosis is a yellowing of leaf tissue ,
, treat nutes like salt you can add but you cant take a away, the roots are fine like webs so they burn as feeding is acidic if they cant use it just sits there ,
InkedIMG_20201013_075720_LI.jpg

why feed so early, they fade if hungry slightly yellow
this is the plants food in seedling , when these two leaves fade a bit she is hungry , Chlorosis is a yellowing of leaf tissue ,
, treat nutes like salt you can add but you cant take a away, the roots are fine like webs so they burn as feeding is acidic if they cant use it just sits there ,
InkedIMG_20201013_075720_LI.jpg
Hey mate,

The reason I fed already is because when I read up, I found it should be fine to feed this early and seeing as my autos which I last planted started cannibalising themselves around this exact time due to me not feeding them, I wanted to make sure that never happened again.

BTW the autos that you helped me out with are looking better, they're not fully 100% but because I had an issue with nitrogen for a bit, but there are no further problems and are bouncing back.

Big reason for feeding this early was to avoid problems that I had with my Autos as well as what I read/ was suggested by you and other before

just remember over feeding is much more hard to fix than under feeding :) if you keep it well diluted you wont get problems , if the fade up hungry up the food , it can be this simple :thumb:
Thanks mate what would you say about the newest pic I attached? Like I know it's supposed to be a good thing if they face up like that but me being me, I'm afraid I messed something up and this "praying to the sun" is more so something I messed up in the last feeding

another thing i should say is , just because the leaves are not growing as fast as you would like doesn't mean stuff isn't happening , they need roots to stay in place and to grow or they just fall over and die, its all going on UNDER the soil/coco for the first 2 weeks or more

transplanted Friday and look already the growth AFTER GROWING ROOTS 4 days, soil or coco feed weak to start off

P1100057.JPGP1100056.JPGP1100172.JPGP1100197.JPG

another thing i should say is , just because the leaves are not growing as fast as you would like doesn't mean stuff isn't happening , they need roots to stay in place and to grow or they just fall over and die, its all going on UNDER the soil/coco for the first 2 weeks or more

transplanted Friday and look already the growth AFTER GROWING ROOTS 4 days, soil or coco feed weak to start off

P1100057.JPGP1100056.JPGP1100172.JPGP1100197.JPG
Oh yeah for sure, actually I don't mind slow growth, it was mot eof the fact the plant was yellowing and I hadn't given them a feeding since I burned the leaves and the lught was 30 inches away from the top of the seedlings and watering were not too much but enough for a tiny bit of run off and the leaves weren't telling me they were over watered so I assumed they needed a feeding.

She's looking much happier and healthier than yesterday :)

Hey guys!

So I started some GSC photoperiods a couple weeks ago and I did make a tiny error in the start by feeding it super diluted nutes just to maybe help boost the early growth hense the burned tips but in looking at my seedling and I'm a little concerned that there's something wrong.

The outer edges are quite light and maybe I am doing something wrong..

Im growing in bio bizz coco mix and I have only given it very very light feedings with bio bizz products.. Possibly 1/9 strength if even that. I'm worried maybe I should start feeding more?

Im trying to prevent any issues early on so I don't have to fix them later!

Any suggestions?
How long have you been growing? Just wondering why you think it's okay to feed seedlings when they're getting burnt?
I'm not trying to put you down, just trying to get a feel for your experience :passitleft:

For new growers, those little round leaves (cotyledons) are like a horses feed sack :morenutes:when they start turning yellow they're getting empty, so a little foods good at that point :thumb:

When I first grew in coco, I made the mistake of not watering with cal-mag twice a day, and they looked like that, after I fed them a little too much, trying to fix the "yellow" ...you can not let coco dry out, you have to water with cal-mag and very small amounts of nutrients at first and go up from there, the water/food has to be PHed to 5.6.to 5.8 every time

How long have you been growing? Just wondering why you think it's okay to feed seedlings when they're getting burnt?
I'm not trying to put you down, just trying to get a feel for your experience :passitleft:

For new growers, those little round leaves (cotyledons) are like a horses feed sack :morenutes:when they start turning yellow they're getting empty, so a little foods good at that point :thumb:

When I first grew in coco, I made the mistake of not watering with cal-mag twice a day, and they looked like that, after I fed them a little too much, trying to fix the "yellow" ...you can not let coco dry out, you have to water with cal-mag and very small amounts of nutrients at first and go up from there, the water/food has to be PHed to 5.6.to 5.8 every time
Oh no for sure no worries, I'm very new. I haven't had a successful grow yet and this is currently my third attempt so no worries for asking. I'm still learning

Apologies, it was late and I should have named The Professor & Mocha too.... there are some stellar cultivators on here to help you!

Do you see any problems with the roots and the cheapie fiberboard pot?
It's a biodegradable planter :popcorn: I use them in my outside veggie garden, well, I start them in those then transplant the whole deal into the ground
hmmmm now you say it , i never noticed , i remember once using them and throwing them away , they dry your medium soo quick and as far as i remember it dried the roots out !
That's terrible :thedoubletake: I've never used them for cannabis :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom