Are my plants ready to start flushing?

Unless you are using synthetic nutrients and get into a situation where you have a salt lockout and your plants are dying... then, flushing is for those who wish to save their plants.

Flushing at the very end, to somehow clear the plants of something, has been debunked. That flushing at the end of the job, is indeed for toilets. Several nutrient lines however, recommend regular flushes to clear out excess nutes and salts... it is a thing, and they wouldn't recommend such a thing, if it were not for a good reason.
I completely agree, I was talking about pre harvest flushing. Flushing to prevent lockout is a different story.

Unless you are using synthetic nutrients and get into a situation where you have a salt lockout and your plants are dying... then, flushing is for those who wish to save their plants.

Flushing at the very end, to somehow clear the plants of something, has been debunked. That flushing at the end of the job, is indeed for toilets. Several nutrient lines however, recommend regular flushes to clear out excess nutes and salts... it is a thing, and they wouldn't recommend such a thing, if it were not for a good reason.

The good reason is they are suggesting to use too much nutrients and why you would somehow be able to flush something out of the soil. Which of course you cant.

So the good reason is for that company to make money off gardeners that will believe anything that is written and know a percentage of people will believe that bs.

So making money is the "good" reason.

Science anyone?

Tell me ya want the science.

There's no lockout from over fertilization. Its just wasted product and pollution. Plants uptake what they need and thats it. They leave what they dont need behind.

If you feel that cynical about companies who make money selling their products, by all means... go off of the grid and make everything yourself. Looking at the logical marketing strategy of a nutrient company, there is no profit to be made by telling your customers to over fertilize their plants, knowing that the plants can get by on half that amount and will probably get in trouble by following your directions. The companies make the most money when you are super satisfied with the results you got by using their nutrients, because the plants turn out to be bigger and badder than you can get without the nutrients.

The difference here is in a gardener like me who understands that fertilizing is the same as supercharging the plants, so of course it involves giving them more than they could "survive" on, or a gardener who is timid and afraid to push their plants in fear of lockouts and overages and oh my gosh... burned leaf tips and the need to flush occasionally, so they "feed" instead of "fertilizing", giving half strength or even less, and calling it good.

lol. Follow the directions... that is where you find the science... not on opinion pieces on the internet.

I've been doing that for YEARS. Actually I dont make any nutrients I just mix a proper soil.

Its not cynical to save money. I spend it on seeds instead of nutrients.

I did try some Mega Crop once cause it was almost free. I didn't notice any difference.

Actually the soil I run I've been using the same exact soil for several years now. I'm constantly in flower too, perpetually. My plants are at the ceiling.... and above most times.

Once in a while I'll buy some alpaca poop from a neighbor for cheap or grab some manure for free. Top dress AKA mulch with it. Thats it.

I really never got the bottles of water thing... and those bottles are +95% water you know that right?

Today I was up potting and saw some built up nitrate on the surface. I just mixed it back into the soil. Imma going to be ok. The plants wont even notice.

Back
Top Bottom